Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

To all racers

Old 06-01-2007, 11:16 AM
JT4SPD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To all racers

I was woundering if puting a wing on my Revo makes a big difference? If so where should I have set to, pointing down, up, flat? I was looking at a Teckno wing and mount.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Beasley1

Default RE: To all racers

Not sure how necesary it is to have one. I have one because I like the looks and it is a great wheelie bar.

I believe the Teckno is the best one out there. Not just because I have it but because thats what a lot of people seen to think.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:58 AM
REVO-Beat-U

Is a wing on the Revo necessary...no it's not. Does it make a big difference....no not huge. There are two points where I can see a performance increase using a wing.

First, when taking jumps where you are going to fly more than a couple feet, the wing has helped level my Revo out so 95% of the time I stick the landing perfectly and do not loose speed. In the past the weight of the Revo is such that I had to make corrections in the air in order to land on all four tires. Now I can launch the Revo and worry more about my next line than how am I going to land. So in that sense I feel I am faster and the wing has helped out. I am not sure if it is because of the extra rear weight on the vehicle or if the wing actually helps with the aero balance of the Revo, but none the less I see a definate improvement in this area.

Second, when you are at the end of a high speed straight away and you need to transition into a corner I can see an improvement in the traction I am getting. At top speed the wing plants the tires to the ground so your rear tires are not bouncing around as you try to go from top speed to cornering. It has allowed me to not only get into the corner faster, but transition through it better without loosing traction and spinning out. Fewer bobbles means faster more consistant lap times.

The setting for the wing will vary dependant upon the body style you run. I use a Chevy truck body on my Revo currently and in order to clear the rear body I place the wing in the full up position. In most cases I see the wing flat, but as I said the body of the truck will dictate that to you. A rule of thumb will be, just place it so it clears the body as much as possible. I believe if you set it like I do, in the full up setting, your going to get the maximum drag from the wing and push the tires down as much as possible. In the end how much of a difference will it really make? Not much I wouldnt think, but its worth trying in each setting and see if you notice it or not.

As far as what kind to get, I run the Tekno. Its very easy to install and needs no modifications to the Revo, and I will also make this comment, the rear wing helps protect the engine, and body a great deal. Many rolls that I know in the past would have tore my truck up good now just cause a dirty wing that needs to be cleaned up. Also I will just throw this in here, the rear wing looks sweet on the Revo. You wouldnt believe how often I get guys at the track coming over and asking what kind of truggy I am running because of the wing and how fast the truck is on the track. Hope this helps you.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:08 PM
jgeck90

yea i have a wing it is a good wheelie bar lol i got it cuz of the looks too.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:05 PM
flaminheli

A rear wing does not add any to the performance of an rc vehicle, unless you are running at high rates of speed say 50mph and higher.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:15 PM
carmatic1

in the air, the wing would turn your truck into a dart and help it keep straight and level, assuming that you have enough speed for it to make a difference
Old 06-01-2007, 03:50 PM
sfar785

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: carmatic1

in the air, the wing would turn your truck into a dart and help it keep straight and level, assuming that you have enough speed for it to make a difference
Not true...with the weight of a Revo, the little lexan wing wouldn't help keep it straight unless the wing was 3 foot wide....
Old 06-01-2007, 06:18 PM
RCar

Come on...just look at it

Old 06-01-2007, 07:10 PM
BrendanS

ORIGINAL: flaminheli

A rear wing does not add any to the performance of an rc vehicle, unless you are running at high rates of speed say 50mph and higher.
+1, other than you needing to 50mph for it to help. It really helps on truggies, but it doesn't add any performance got a mt. They make a good handle for marshalls to flip the truck over, good wheelie bar, and protects the rear end VERY well. I would get it. It looks really good on a revo or maxx. Here is mine:

Old 06-01-2007, 07:15 PM
BAMF90
My Feedback: (1)

One downside to wings is that its MUCH harder to do a backflip. But I really like the wing on my Revo.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:49 PM
ssj2

But I really like the wing on my Revo.
Because they serve as great wheelie bars too.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:03 PM
BAMF90
My Feedback: (1)

That's true.