Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Help with "One way bearing"

Old 06-17-2007, 04:51 PM
eagle-TSI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with "One way bearing"

Well. I'll be on my 4th one way bearing as soon as traxxas send me back my engine.

my 3rd one only worked for 2 tanks.

I did read the instructions that comes with the bearing and it says in it to put Synthetic oil on it... wich is pretty for me to find cuz I have a dodge SRT-4 that runs Mobil 1 Full Synthetic oil...

Still.... the bearing goes bad pretty fast.

Any advise ?
Old 06-17-2007, 04:55 PM
rawiswar

Default RE: Help with "One way bearing"

ORIGINAL: eagle-TSI

Well. I'll be on my 4th one way bearing as soon as traxxas send me back my engine.

I did read the instructions that comes with the bearing and it says in it to put Synthetic oil on it... wich is pretty for me to find cuz I have a dodge SRT-4 that runs Mobil 1 Full Synthetic oil...

Any advise ?

have you got any scratchs on the shaft you put it on
Old 06-17-2007, 05:05 PM
eagle-TSI

ORIGINAL: rawiswar

Any advise ?

have you got any scratchs on the shaft you put it on
no.... haven't see any !
Old 06-17-2007, 05:12 PM
ttoks

considering so many one way have dropped there guts i'd check the and make the shaft is perfectly smooth, it only take a little bur or indent to catch on the rollers on the OWB and wreck it.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:59 PM
eagle-TSI

ORIGINAL: ttoks

considering so many one way have dropped there guts i'd check the and make the shaft is perfectly smooth, it only take a little bur or indent to catch on the rollers on the OWB and wreck it.

Cool then as soon I get my engine back from Traxxas, if they didn't change it, i'll double check that !
Old 06-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Compstall

I run all mine dry without any problems.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:01 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: Compstall

I run all mine dry without any problems.
Me too...
Old 06-17-2007, 10:27 PM
jarett 92

this is kinda obvious but hey what the hell...make sure the print is facing the engine
Old 06-17-2007, 11:12 PM
rawkfist2

YOUR NOT SUPPOSE to run the OWB with ANY lube on it. It gets lube from the nitro.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:23 PM
HighClassBasher

I never clean, lube, or mess with my OWBs and they me at least 1 gallon usually more.....
(I always run on very rocky, dusty, dirty tracks, but never on anything wet )
Old 06-18-2007, 01:11 AM
ttoks

well considering i'v run the OWB on my 3.3 for 4 gallons, then my brother for another one and a half on the same OWB lubing them, i think i'll continue doing what seems to be working, it's not the lube that kills the bearings, it's small metal fragments the ware from the engine internals that get into them and jam the rollers.

and yes you do need to oil your OWB, at least with some light oil, i'v had bad experiences with welding the OWB to the starter shaft because it wasn't oiled so it over heated and dropped the rollers onto the starter shaft, which was doing 30k rpm, a lot of friction and heat, just melted the rollers.

and hey it's a forum where you share whats working for you so others can learn form your experience, i'm shearing whats worked for me.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:31 AM
eagle-TSI

well considering i'v run the OWB on my 3.3 for 4 gallons, then my brother for another one and a half on the same OWB lubing them, i think i'll continue doing what seems to be working, it's not the lube that kills the bearings, it's small metal fragments the ware from the engine internals that get into them and jam the rollers.

and yes you do need to oil your OWB, at least with some light oil, i'v had bad experiences with welding the OWB to the starter shaft because it wasn't oiled so it over heated and dropped the rollers onto the starter shaft, which was doing 30k rpm, a lot of friction and heat, just melted the rollers.

and hey it's a forum where you share whats working for you so others can learn form your experience, i'm shearing whats worked for me.
I appreciate bro. Thanks alot for the comment !!!
Old 06-19-2007, 12:52 AM
NITRO FUMES RULE

Any advise ?

Once a one way bearing has gone bad and spins on the starter shaft it changes the origional factory
specs of the diameter of the shaft. I had the same problem but changed the starter shaft after the
second one way bearing failed. I checked the diameter of the new starter shaft in the area where the
bearing rides with my digital calipers and compared it to the old shaft and guess what? It was galled
enough in the area where the bearings contact the shaft from two failed one way bearings that
the shaft diameter was smaller and would cause any additional bearings installed on this shaft to fail
even quicker. After installing the new starter shaft and one way bearing I have had no additional
problems and have over 1 & 3/4 gallons of fuel thru this bearing so far! This could be your problem
and probably is after having three one way's fail on the same starter shaft.

If you are not smelling notro fumes and listening to the sweet song your not LIVING !!
Old 06-19-2007, 11:12 AM
eagle-TSI

ORIGINAL: NITRO FUMES RULE

Any advise ?

Once a one way bearing has gone bad and spins on the starter shaft it changes the origional factory
specs of the diameter of the shaft. I had the same problem but changed the starter shaft after the
second one way bearing failed. I checked the diameter of the new starter shaft in the area where the
bearing rides with my digital calipers and compared it to the old shaft and guess what? It was galled
enough in the area where the bearings contact the shaft from two failed one way bearings that
the shaft diameter was smaller and would cause any additional bearings installed on this shaft to fail
even quicker. After installing the new starter shaft and one way bearing I have had no additional
problems and have over 1 & 3/4 gallons of fuel thru this bearing so far! This could be your problem
and probably is after having three one way's fail on the same starter shaft.

If you are not smelling notro fumes and listening to the sweet song your not LIVING !!
coooll then as soon as i get my engine back from traxxas, if they didn't change the strating shaft, i'll change it myself.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:36 PM
863863kevin1047

I have the problem to (NEW TRAXXAS 3.3) Bought it two months old.
It will not go backwards (manualy) But when I lift it up it starts right up,put it on the ground it shuts off.
It starts up with all four wheels turning (THATS NOT RIGHT) like clutch is grabbing.
What the (THANKS IF YOU CAN HELP).
Old 11-01-2008, 09:21 AM
Thunderbird93

ORIGINAL: 863863kevin1047

I have the problem to (NEW TRAXXAS 3.3) Bought it two months old.
It will not go backwards (manualy) But when I lift it up it starts right up,put it on the ground it shuts off.
It starts up with all four wheels turning (THATS NOT RIGHT) like clutch is grabbing.
What the (THANKS IF YOU CAN HELP).
Seems like you just answered your own question. Clutches would be my first guess.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:04 PM
matts6887

+1 on this one as well. Like he said, all it takes is a small part of the surface of the owb not being smooth than can cause it to "jam" up and not be good anymore...