Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-Maxx 3.3 or Jato 3.3?

Old 07-27-2007, 06:29 PM
calvino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-Maxx 3.3 or Jato 3.3?

Get a T-maxx so when you are racing Danju you don't get them confused... or get a Savage (well, I may get one), listen to MINI T
Old 11-21-2007, 09:17 PM
alex4827

hello twomanytoys,
if u dont mind me asking wat size are those tires on that jato that u have? i too have a jato and looking 4 tires to put on it
Old 11-22-2007, 01:48 AM
tmaxx_man87

i have a tmaxx and break alot of parts, but i think its because i run the crap out of it... you will love the 4x4 in snow and dirt/ hills ... remember speed isnt everything... it gets boring very quick...thats why i sold my ntc3 when i baught my maxx...
Old 11-22-2007, 07:40 AM
RCCanuck

Sausages....all RC's break......
your comparing apples to oranges.....the Tmaxx is a 4 wheel drive Monster Truck
The Jato is a 2 wheel drive stadium truck
they handle totally differant on all terrains..
you have to figure out which one will give you the most pleasure.....
I personally get the same amount of enjoyment out of whatever RC I am driving....in other words they all have their merrit...yes even the Savage[:'(]
Old 11-22-2007, 09:42 AM
Jerzferno

What do you want to do with it? Bash? Race? Both? Heres my 2 cents worth on what I have seen at my track and what I know from first hand experiance. First of all, I prefer to race. I dont bash. But if you call running around the yard to get my RC fix without catching big air, then I guess I do bash as well.
Jato - I dont own one, and have never driven one. I see a few at the track. They are fast. But they do not hook up well on dirt. They spin out a lot probably due to the severe wheel spin. They do get eaten up by Associated and LOSI stadium trucks at my track. The Nitro Rustler does a better job on the off road..........at my track. Some race them on the oval, but again trying to get the power to the ground and good handling seems to be a problem. Looks like its built well, has lots of hop up parts available. But in my opinion, it needs major hop ups to be competetive on dirt. If your looking for something with awesome straight line speed on asphalt/concrete, then this is the vehicle for you. But like any vehicle, with the right hop ups and set ups, Im sure you could get it going decent on dirt.
REVO - I dont own one but have driven my brother-in-laws. I pit for him when we race and I have helped him hop it up. The REVO is an awesome Monster truck. Very durable. Good quality. Competetively priced. There are many aftermarket parts available. Out of the box it is a competetive racer. Basher, since I prefer to race, but have bashed a bit untill I got tired of breaking parts, theres nothing a REVO cant do for a Monster Truck.
T-MAXX - I own one, have bashed it, and raced it on off road and now its an oval racer. The T-MAXX has several weak points that you WILL have to upgrade. Otherwise you will be sitting waiting for replacements parts. The A-arms, drive shafts, bulk heads, differentials, and steering servo need to be upgraded. You will break these parts especially if bashing is your preference. The steeering servo wont break, but it is undersized and has trouble turning monster sized tires. I got tired of spending money and tuning/setting up to try to beat REVO's. It cant be done. I posted a thread on another forum asking about T-MAXX racing success stories. Some guys have sunk $1000 in to their T-MAXXs and call the RACE MAXX's. I figured I would have lots of success stories from these guys? You know how many winning responses I got? NONE. All are still "trying" to beat REVOS. The best I could do was 4th in the A-Main. I race 1/8th scale buggies and do well in that class. So I know its not my driving skills. I converted the T-MAXx to race in the Monster Oval class at my track. First Time out I TQ'd. After leading the A-Main the first half of the race, got taken out by a wreck, I rebounded and finished .5 seconds out of first. Not bad for the first ever time on oval huh?

So I have run on long enough. To summarize, All the vehicles mentioned are good for specific purposes. In my opinion, if you want the best overall performer, best value, best out of the box all around truck, the REVO is the hands down winner. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. Yes all trucks have their good points and bad points. I bought a T-MAXX because it was a little cheaper. If I could turn back the clock, I would not have purchased a T-MAXX, but the REVO instead. Lastly, this is a Traxxas thread, so HPI posts do not belong here. There is an HPI forum for that. This person was asking about Traxxas products. Im pitching a truck I do not own. That must mean something. Its all based on what I have read, seen at the track, and seen first hand from my brother-in-laws. Get the REVO............you wont regret it.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:19 PM
crusher44x

I know this topics old, but I had the same question. But thanks because my mind is now made up.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:36 PM
crusher44x

Also, can the T-maxx 2.5 stock tires fit on the Jato?
Old 07-12-2008, 10:42 AM
motoskiRC

I have a jato and love it, love it when it works that is, and thats not very often.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:32 PM
t-maxxmaniac

lol ur friend must be real scared cuz my jato will smoke any revo....but i got revo aswell