Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

AHHHHH

Old 06-23-2007, 08:47 PM
socalsuperbike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AHHHHH

Hey everyone alright this is the update on my T maxx... lol it now starts and only stays running as long as im holding down the ez start button what do you think the problem is? My easy start gets so hot and is just killing my battery every 15-20 minutes, but the engine turns over and I can rev it as long as im holding the easy start button down, as soon as I pull it out and give it gas barrappp dead...any suggestions? im running a mccoy mc 9 glow plug, I take the temp and it only gets up to like 107-114 range...
Old 06-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Beasley1

Default RE: AHHHHH

Try a fresh glow plug even if you just put one in. Mine did that today actually and I just put in a new glow plug and it ran fine.

Maybe lean it out also if that is really what your temps are. Its probably getting way to much fuel and only running when the plug is hooked up. Another words that is why it is shuting off when you release the button.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:20 PM
socalsuperbike

alright hopefully thats the problem, the plug light comes on and everything, but I guess it could just be coming on because the easy start is igniting it considering there is no light when the easy start is plugged in...obviously lol
Old 06-24-2007, 02:30 AM
PiccoLow

Did you try going back to stock settings? You should be just about flush on the low speed (located on the carb slide) and I think 4 turns out on the high speed from closed. The idle gap is sorta tough to just throw out there, I kinda just learned to eye ball it and been lucky enough I am usually dead on within +/- 1/8 turn. Probably about the thickness of a quarter or so I guess would be a good approximation.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:36 AM
socalsuperbike

yeah Ive been working on my truck all day every day since thursday and finally got it to start...now im tryint to tune it like I said and its fustrating the hell out of me lol but Im going to hang in there, I am going to pick up some zip ties tommorow and take off the stock air intake and replace it with an engine saver, any you guys recomend? also what glow plug do you recomend for running the 30% nitro from traxxas...or the 33 I should say!!
Old 06-24-2007, 05:57 AM
ccalum02

ORIGINAL: socalsuperbike

Hey everyone alright this is the update on my T maxx... lol it now starts and only stays running as long as im holding down the ez start button what do you think the problem is? My easy start gets so hot and is just killing my battery every 15-20 minutes, but the engine turns over and I can rev it as long as im holding the easy start button down, as soon as I pull it out and give it gas barrappp dead...any suggestions? im running a mccoy mc 9 glow plug, I take the temp and it only gets up to like 107-114 range...
Had the same problem yesterday with my TRX 3.3, I ended up leaning it out by 1/4 turn on the HSN and 1/2 turn on the LSN...Oh yea and 4 idle turns out (the clutch was engaging a bit by then). After that it would stay running long enough to clear out the fuel in the motor with a few WOT blasts, then I had to richen the HSN by about 1/12 to get it back to 270. Runs great now... The trick is to not be scared of leaning it out, if it sounds rich then its too rich, if it chokes on fuel its too rich, if it wont change gear its probably too rich.
If it screams-dies down-screams again its too lean, if its running at 280+ its too lean, if it seems wildly faster than you've ever seen it before... Its probably too lean, check temps all the time.

Thats the best advice I can give, good luck!!
Old 06-24-2007, 08:40 AM
(X)

I got a sugestion..

Buy a SAVAGE!!

Old 06-24-2007, 01:25 PM
socalsuperbike

haha I would rather put money into the one I already have and thanks for your guys's help!