Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-Maxx forward Only conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 03:21 PM
NJ NETS FAN
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Maxx forward Only conversion

Hey guys, I haven't posted here in a while. Just haven't been into the hobby lately. So anyway, I'm finally getting my trucks ready for a race next weekend. I have a t-maxx 2.5 with the OS engine .18tm(best $220 upgrade I spent on the truck two years ago) and I also have a Team losi LST2(One of the first made). The T-maxx hasn't been cranked over since around october of last year and it cranked over within 5 seconds today with the same glow plug that was in there from last year. The truck has great power and response, I'm still shocked at how easy the engine started after sitting almost 12 months. So anyway, the tranny has been shot on that truck for well over a year. I have no reverse because the gears are shot in the tranny from the O.S. engine's power. So I was running the truck today in forward and all of sudden I hit neutral, so obviously the damage is spreading throughout the tranny. I have broken pins in the tranny in the past, so the tranny is pretty jigged up right now. In other words, its a ticking bomb and will eventually just quit on me. I was wondering if the forward only conversion gives me all the gears I would need to help with my slipping problems since some of the gears in the tranny are messed up. I haven't taken the time to look at the exploded views of the tranny in a while, so I'm sure theres more than one set of gears that can be bad. If you guys can give me links to this stuff(preferably towerhobbies, horizon hobbies, or killerhobbies)
Old 09-21-2007, 04:11 PM
phoh43107

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: T-Maxx forward Only conversion

http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitr...maxx_views.htm

scroll down to where it says manuals/instructions. there is a link and exploded view on the foc and transmission
Old 09-21-2007, 07:57 PM
NJ NETS FAN

ORIGINAL: phoh43107

http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitr...maxx_views.htm

scroll down to where it says manuals/instructions. there is a link and exploded view on the foc and transmission
thanks for the links, looking at the exploded view helped a lot. The pin I broke a long time ago goes on the two speed assembly. I think the FOC will help, but the only way I can really tell is when I take it apart. The two speed shifts fine so I have a feeling the problem is the reverse and forward gears. I won't have time to take it apart until sunday so I'll post back then to see what I can do.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:00 PM
nitrorcjunkie

Yes, the FOC will cure what ails your tranny. I should have weighed all the parts that the FOC eliminates, but didn't. Regardless, there's a good weight savings with the FOC, and less parts to break. I, too, broke the same pin you referred to, but with the FOC on my Picco powered T-Maxx, it hasn't happened. I'm almost finished building my T-Maxx truggy and will post pics and specs when it's done. A few details: New Era extended chassis and bottom braces, custom rear driveshaft, 1/8 buggy wheels and tires, LiPo Rx battery, Revo axle carriers, hybrid exhaust system, JR servos
Old 09-22-2007, 08:54 AM
ridgerunner1

here you go NJ NETS FAN a step by step with pictures.

http://www.misbehavin-rc.com/pit-lan...conversion.asp
Old 09-22-2007, 02:24 PM
NJ NETS FAN

ORIGINAL: ridgerunner1

here you go NJ NETS FAN a step by step with pictures.

http://www.misbehavin-rc.com/pit-lan...conversion.asp
thanks, but I've had this tranny apart more times than I can count on one hand....lol[:@]. The whole think looks like it's pretty simple, I'm just hoping my primary gears( 2spd.) aren't shot.