Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

new respect for the revo

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 07:01 PM
megamaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new respect for the revo

my wife and daughters bought me a 2.5 revo this last fathers day,since then i have done some light bashing with it,and a few trips to the track for some light duty action.to day i decided to take it to work and really put it thru its paces since i was stranded after work for almost 3 hours[],i thrashed on this truck,road crews left 6' piles of dirt for me to play on,i put almost a 1/2 gallon thru this thing tonight with not one part breaking,is this normal for a revo?or did i just get lucky?
Old 11-07-2007, 07:05 PM
madmax22

Default RE: new respect for the revo

Good old revo....... lol thats sweet!!!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 07:18 PM
DaveG55

Really not all that unusual.
I mean, any truck will break but Traxxas managed to get a reputation for easy breakage that they really do not deserve.

Believe me, I've broken more stuff on my Savage and LST than either my Revo or T-Maxx. And the Revo and Maxx bet drven more.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:58 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Your eyes have been opened to what mine were opened to only 3 years ago. [X(] I'm not sure how they got a bad reputation... they're tough as nails.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:02 PM
89ram

after starting my nitro mt experience with a warhead[:@], i became very very pleased with my revo!
Old 11-07-2007, 08:08 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not unusual at all, i have broken two a-arm only because i landed on the right fron a-arm from a 10 ft jump and it stalled mid air, the other was when it lost battery power and slammed into a house at 40.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:31 PM
megamaxx

this thing was hitting 15' air and landing flat as a pan cake,was not expecting the little 2.5 to handle so well in the air,takes a little more finesse than the longer wheel based trucks. that was the most fun i have had in a long time with one of my trucks,
Old 11-07-2007, 09:59 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear your havin fun. I'm just itchin to run mine this weekends. I wanna waterproof it first tho.. and I need a new plug[:@]. I plan on putting my old revo through its paces this weekend.[8D]
Old 11-08-2007, 01:11 AM
fox23

ive been launching mine off my home made ramp, airing like 20ft + in the air, landing flat in all ways, nothing has broken yet except a couple shock shafts.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Karter01

Yea, they're tough.
I have been taking mine off jumps about 15ft and doing back flips........in the street. Landing is so hard it broke the receiver cover off. Pavement is hard! lol I probably won't do that too much more. [X(]
Old 11-08-2007, 06:47 PM
megamaxx

i am thinkin of getting a 3.3 and goin B.B.,with it,i will dump the 2.5revo and pavement pounder maxx on the cheap bay this weekend,to fund it,its time to thin the herd and move on..