Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Parts got here!!!

Old 11-22-2007, 12:18 AM
-EXTRA-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts got here!!!

Today i ran it and the new pipe is outstanding i recommend the THS pipe,and the integy steel spur is wonderful!i would recomend it so far so good on that no eatin clutch bells etc...im pleased with my parts and hope they will last pics to come!
Old 11-22-2007, 01:06 AM
fox23

Default RE: Parts got here!!!

ive never had a problem with my spurs stripping out, i just keep the nut 1/4 turn loosen from tightened, and the thing with steel spurs is, they are designed to be plastic so that they break before anything else, this is good because they are easy to change, but if you have a steel spur, you arent going to strip spur gears anymore, your going to wreck tranny gears, driveshafts etc... just my 2 cents.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:20 AM
-EXTRA-

ORIGINAL: fox23

ive never had a problem with my spurs stripping out, i just keep the nut 1/4 turn loosen from tightened, and the thing with steel spurs is, they are designed to be plastic so that they break before anything else, this is good because they are easy to change, but if you have a steel spur, you arent going to strip spur gears anymore, your going to wreck tranny gears, driveshafts etc... just my 2 cents.
Yes i understand but the reason mine stip(have gone through around 10 spurs) is because the motor mount kept stripping out and got off mess this was the second 20$ stock mount that had stripped now i have a nova mount and so far so good.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:44 AM
ttoks

don't let ya mesh get out of whack or this happens, not cheap for a one second mistake.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50536.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	809129  
Old 11-22-2007, 02:35 AM
HighClassBasher

Steel spurs suck... especially integy!!!!![X(] Im glad your happy with it.... you can keep it.

Btw, i still have my original spur gear that came with my Revo... it has countless gallons of hardcore abuse in rocky, loose, terrain. I still use it once in a while to this day.... and on top of that i have NEVER EVER stripped a spur gear on my Revo.... EVER.
If you know how to set up your gap and you use thread locker there is absolutely NO reason to be stripping spurs....
Old 11-22-2007, 02:44 AM
aznherb36

ORIGINAL: AiRevo

Steel spurs suck... especially integy!!!!![X(] Im glad your happy with it.... you can keep it.

Btw, i still have my original spur gear that came with my Revo... it has countless gallons of hardcore abuse in rocky, loose, terrain. I still use it once in a while to this day.... and on top of that i have NEVER EVER stripped a spur gear on my Revo.... EVER.
If you know how to set up your gap and you use thread locker there is absolutely NO reason to be stripping spurs....

chassis flex is a common for stripped spur's.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:55 AM
RCCanuck

thats because you are special.......
I use a steel spur/cb combo and the only time my tranny strips is b4 the FOC install I kept hitting the darn shift button
Old 11-22-2007, 04:57 AM
ttoks

lol griping the controller a bit tight were we RC?
Old 11-22-2007, 05:15 AM
RCCanuck

yes something like that....when I switched to the spektrum is when it happened....twice in a week.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:17 AM
ttoks

ouch, the third channel on the spektrums in the wrong spot eh.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:57 PM
-EXTRA-

ORIGINAL: AiRevo

I'm glad you still have your original spur gear,i had my spur set up just fine thank's i used RED thread lock on the bolts and had my dad check over it but yet the 2 front motor mount bolts still stripped out after my run and the spur gear stripped cause it got out of mesh ok?got any other smart comments to say?BTW i do like my integy steel spur its working great and i will keep it.

Thanks ttoks ill keep an eye on it to make sure it doesnt get out of line.

So far the nova mount is still holding up great.Nova rules