Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
SS Roller
36.36%
SS Kit
63.64%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Build or Buy?

Old 11-22-2007, 11:01 PM
Clymer122693

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Build or Buy?

ORIGINAL: megamaxx

ORIGINAL: madmax22

The one thing i like about the Savages is they are BB unlike traxxas. so it all depends on what you want im thinking of a savy for x-mass........ not sure yet...=/ and umm... ur in the traxxas posts i know it says MODS PLZ MOVE TO HPI but just thought i would put that in....
agreed,thats one the nice thinga about that truck(savage),allot of engine choices,with the traxxas trucks you are limited some what to what you can stuff in them,and that roller is def. worth the money,that looks like a sick hobbies deal there........
you are not limited with the revo you can stick just about any BB in them....
Old 11-23-2007, 12:15 AM
-JOE-

That is true
Old 11-23-2007, 07:19 AM
megamaxx

ORIGINAL: Clymer122693

ORIGINAL: megamaxx

ORIGINAL: madmax22

The one thing i like about the Savages is they are BB unlike traxxas. so it all depends on what you want im thinking of a savy for x-mass........ not sure yet...=/ and umm... ur in the traxxas posts i know it says MODS PLZ MOVE TO HPI but just thought i would put that in....
agreed,thats one the nice thinga about that truck(savage),allot of engine choices,with the traxxas trucks you are limited some what to what you can stuff in them,and that roller is def. worth the money,that looks like a sick hobbies deal there........
you are not limited with the revo you can stick just about any BB in them....
yeah you can!!!!after spending how much on parts,and then how much time trying to stuff it in there,shimming and shaving.....
Old 11-23-2007, 10:16 AM
-JOE-

All the Revo needs is a TM anyway. And that is a direct bolt-on.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Clymer122693

Better yet drop in a 21tm and your ready to rock!

and a BB kit isn't that much for the revo and you only have to mod the linkage to get a BB in there and change the mount like you would with any truck that you were upgrading to a BB....
Old 11-23-2007, 12:22 PM
-JOE-

21TM, didn't even know they produced them yet. Wow I have beem gone for awhile.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:31 PM
megamaxx

you could go the tm route,good solid engines,the .21 tm is out,the price is still a little steep,but it will eventually come down,they always rake the ones that want to be the first to have it over the coals
Old 11-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Clymer122693

on ebay you can pick up a 21tm for $250. Also I know where ones at for $245 new just pm if you want the link?
Old 11-23-2007, 02:27 PM
DaveG55

If you're considering the .21TM then you should also consider the RB 523. It's more displacement, a nice engine and comes with a mount, matched tuned pipe and uses the same starting system as the 2.5/3.3's do - all for about $20 more than the .21TM.

My personal opinion of the .21TM is that OS is trying to screw we hobbiests. They discontinued the .18TM (a famtastic, reasonably priced engine) for the sole purpose of forcing us to pay nearly twice the price for the .21. IMHO, that sucks. They should/could have kept both in the line and they'd have sold a ton of both.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:55 PM
megamaxx

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

If you're considering the .21TM then you should also consider the RB 523. It's more displacement, a nice engine and comes with a mount, matched tuned pipe and uses the same starting system as the 2.5/3.3's do - all for about $20 more than the .21TM.

My personal opinion of the .21TM is that OS is trying to screw we hobbiests. They discontinued the .18TM (a famtastic, reasonably priced engine) for the sole purpose of forcing us to pay nearly twice the price for the .21. IMHO, that sucks. They should/could have kept both in the line and they'd have sold a ton of both.
rb is a great engine,i have the 523 in a t-maxx and the 323 in my revo,both are fantastic engines,plenty of power and speed.i try not to push people in that direction because there are a few people that start a flame war debating engines.also on the rb makes,their customer support is second to none here in the states,if you have a problem with one of their engines they will do everything they can to make sure you are satisfied with their product
Old 11-23-2007, 03:23 PM
madmax22

The RB523 is a nice engine..... yes yes you can put a BB in just about anything but the savy. is just a DD so no hassle.... i have a t-maxx and want want to put a BB in it but dont feel like spending $200 for a BB conversion......i always wanted to try the savy. out. friend has has a savy. but i never really get to drive it......