Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo in the pool

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 07:40 PM
WildT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo in the pool

Gave my father in law the sticks today and he put my truck in the pool. Is there anything I should do before i try to fire it back up? The truck was upside down but I retrieved it fairly quickly (within 5 seconds), opened all the servo covers and removed the filter. Turned it on end and water came out of the pipe. Planning on just letting it set for a day or two then seeing if it will fire. I was amazed to see it float, I figured it would sink like a rock. Maybe if you hit it right, you could drive on water like a snowmobile. Thanks
Old 03-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Stick40

Default RE: Revo in the pool

Flush it out with dentured alchohal and put some wd-40 in the engone once your done.

Stick 40
Old 03-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Por2ugee17

i would put some after run oil in the motor and run it through the crank. Get some lube in the internal parts...possibly run the blow dryer over the servos and battery pack to make sure all the water is evaporated
Old 03-22-2008, 10:34 PM
Nason

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put my T-maxx through the ice last spring... I quickly retrieved it and turned off electronics. Then I gave it a good blow off with air compressor and stood it on end on my bench with a heater blowing on it. Just to be safe I pulled the motor apart and cleaned it out good, re-assembled and used lots of ARO in it... Still worked the same after it was all dried out.......
Old 03-23-2008, 12:16 AM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

LOL... I agree with everything they said... and would add that my father did that to my first R/C ... back when I was like 6 or 7... but it was a lot cheaper... and electric.... it didn't survive. I dumped my LST2 into a HUGE puddle once... dried it off... cleaned out the engine... fired right back up.

Old 03-23-2008, 01:50 AM
weez440

my maxx did a runaway on me one time and it ended up upside down in the water in a tractor rut. i had a hard time finding it as i couldn't see where it went. i finally found it when i heard the servo's glitching. i took wd40 and doused the insed of the engine and carb. then i dried and oiled the airfilter. i then kept it warm so it would dry out. the next day i took it out and drove it. if you drive it asap any water that is left on the truck will evaporate off by either the heat or the parts moving. and it worked the same.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:32 AM
RCCanuck

the key is getting some lube into the internals of the engine....pull out servos and reciever and dry them with a hair dryer.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:23 PM
WildT

Thanks for all the info guys. Gonna let it set for one more day then give it a go. Probably hit it with a hair dryer and oil all the places that need it. I'll let ya know. At least its clean.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:56 PM
full maxx

my gen went solo into the pond in my back yard and started to sink ... according to the landlord it is about 10-15 foot deep so in i go ...dried it out and it ren great for about two weeks then one by one the servos started to lock up from rust but that was all that happened replaced them and it is still fine and that was a year ago
Old 03-24-2008, 09:50 PM
fellers
My Feedback: (6)

Should not be any problem at all getting water in the engine; AS long as you flush it very good with a very generous amount of after run oil. Sandy gritty filthy water is a different story! I had a boat that we used to jump the wake of our real boat with and it would torpedo at times under the water and guzzle water in. Flush it big time and not a problem ever... Marine engine or not the internals are the same. Only difference really is it had a water cooled head.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:46 PM
PENGUINBLASTER!!!

An LST2 would always survive that, but everyone knows traxxas is inferior so I wouldn't be so sure it will run.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:37 PM
[email protected]

oh shut up dude and get off the traxxas thread if your just gonna say something INFERIOR.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:56 AM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: PENGUINBLASTER!!!

An LST2 would always survive that, but everyone knows traxxas is inferior so I wouldn't be so sure it will run.
LOL... that's funny... I own both... and can proudly say... a Revo can handle it too.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:41 PM
cyclesoul

ORIGINAL: WildT

Thanks for all the info guys. Gonna let it set for one more day then give it a go. Probably hit it with a hair dryer and oil all the places that need it. I'll let ya know. At least its clean.

DONT NOT LET WATER SIT IN THE ENGINE, get it out of there asap! Pull the plug, airfilter off and flush the inside with nitro or wd40 immediately! Letting it set is not the thing to do for any part of your truck, but especially the engine
Old 04-01-2008, 08:06 AM
WildT

Thanks for all the advice guys. I gave it a good flushing with after run oil and it fired right up. I'll keep an eye on it for rust. Thanks again.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:37 AM
91gti_wolfsburg

Is it possible to hydrolock and then break con-rods in these?
Old 04-01-2008, 05:34 PM
NStampede Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes. I think I read somewhere that someone has done it.