Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Ez-start, pull start or rotor start for Picco.26?

Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Ez-start, pull start or rotor start for Picco.26?

Old 05-15-2008, 01:26 PM
molsen3385
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ez-start, pull start or rotor start for Picco.26?

Hey guys I am about to install the darkside into my revo. Thats the Picco .26 maxx. I just wanted to know whats the best way to start the engine. I know the ez-start barely has enough power to turn the 3.3 and pullstarts tend to bust your nuts while break in process. NO experience with the roto start.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:51 PM
cmerritt

Default RE: Ez-start, pull start or rotor start for Picco.26?

i have the roto start. worked great until my new engine. too much compression and broke 4 OWB's. it's good when the engine is already broken in and has been for a little bit. for the first couple of starts, i wouldn't recommend it. too much torque. i would try the EZ start until it's broken in.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:17 PM
molsen3385

K well thanx alot. I have also purchased the boca owb kit for the engine so i dont have to worry about a leaky owb to start off with. gona put them in then seal the engine and carb real good and drop in. I bought the traxxas big block kit to install it. Anything else I should know?
Old 05-15-2008, 07:20 PM
remz817

i agree with cmerritt. use the ez start on the break in. then when its finally broken in take it out and install the pull start and how is the picco .26maxx should i put it on my tmaxx?
Old 05-15-2008, 07:25 PM
cmerritt

ORIGINAL: molsen3385

K well thanx alot. I have also purchased the boca owb kit for the engine so i dont have to worry about a leaky owb to start off with. gona put them in then seal the engine and carb real good and drop in. I bought the traxxas big block kit to install it. Anything else I should know?
can i get a link to the boca OWB you bought. i saw their website but couldn't find the OWB's for rc's. link???

thanks
Old 05-15-2008, 09:01 PM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: remz817

i agree with cmerritt. use the ez start on the break in. then when its finally broken in take it out and install the pull start and how is the picco .26maxx should i put it on my tmaxx?

I too agree with this. Use the ez-start for breakin because it should(not bearing any complcations) help to start it for break-in...
Old 05-16-2008, 08:39 AM
LSTVega28

ORIGINAL: molsen3385

Hey guys I am about to install the darkside into my revo. Thats the Picco .26 maxx. I just wanted to know whats the best way to start the engine. I know the ez-start barely has enough power to turn the 3.3 and pullstarts tend to bust your nuts while break in process. NO experience with the roto start.
I used the pull-start, had no problem. Yanking the cord wasn't hard at all, felt like a small-block....maybe because it is,lol.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:52 PM
molsen3385

Heres the link to the OWB for the REVO http://www.bocabearings.com/main1.as...earchkit&cat=2
Old 05-16-2008, 08:27 PM
maxxed101

Cheezy start just sucks. Pull start is great 'til your engine has a fussy day (e.g. bad fuel, bad glow plug ) and will cause you to hurl your truck into a tree. Roto Start is great. It even has the power to crank through a hydro-lock if you want to. Not a good idea, but you can.