Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

revo,, just finished my 5th tank. very happy

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 05:21 PM
jaketrouble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo,, just finished my 5th tank. very happy

well i was off to a bad start when i got my new truck [revo 3.3].. turns out i had a bad ezstart motor which traxx sent me very fast plus an extra bonus starter wand.

but today i was able to finish my break in.. i can't believe how fast this baby goes!!! plus you guys told me that i will get much more speed once i get to about a half gallon through it.. i cant belive it will go faster!! it's already super fast. i have a lot to learn though.. like for instance i must have rolled it a dozen times making turns.. i either took them to fast or had the brake on while turning. i am getting a little better.

man these trucks are tuff too.. a couple times i hit a curb dead on and if the truck could laugh it would have.. i sure wish i wouldnt have wasted all the money i did on the helicopters that i bought before i tried this out. i did sell them all and got some of my money back.

so today after break in i went to my lhs and bought the [new] tmaxx.. they aren't in yet.. mid june he tells me. but since i had the money now i figured i would go pay for it just incase they sell fast or i went to West VA and played the slot machines:}. i mainly bought it so i could take my cousin/roommate with me so we could bash together. from videos i have seen it is much more fun if you have some buddies to run with.

and i met a guy on here [mspeed] who has helped me a lot and will bash with us too.., the more the merrier!!! so i just wanted to spread my cheer with you guys.. plus if any of you are new and wondering if the revo is a good truck in my opinion they are very very cool.. jake
Old 05-21-2008, 05:33 PM
ENZO7
Banned

Default RE: revo,, just finished my 5th tank. very happy

I wish i had the money fo go out and buy two brand new trucks in the same month, i would be happy within in the same year! It is a fun hobby and it is even better when you brake things and have to tear down your truck and fix them. I love this hobby and as it sounds so do you. Good luck with you new trucks!
Old 05-21-2008, 06:08 PM
jaketrouble

well i'm done for a while now except for a few things like glow plug ignitors and a wing kit for the tmaxx and anything else small i may need.. i dont really have the money either but i am like a fish.. i got hooked:}:} jake
Old 05-21-2008, 07:18 PM
ENZO7
Banned

Cool, well i suppose that you are not 15 either and you have a salary... I am limited by my parents and by my income...
Old 05-21-2008, 08:11 PM
jaketrouble

yea,, a little older then 15:}:},, when i was 15 gas was 60 cents a gallon:}:} i'm in my mid 40's now but i act and feel like i'm 15.. tell your parents that i told them to buy you a new revo.. that should do it:}:}

if i ever hit the lottery i will send you my trucks buddy:} so keep your fingers crossed:} jake.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:28 PM
[email protected]

thats gonna be two of us crossing our fingers for a new revo and the lottery.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:31 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very good news to hear Jake! Sounds like ya got a winner on ur hands; and yes like "we"(as in me and the rest of the peeps here) have told ya, just wait till ya get more runtime in on it!!! It will get progressively faster with more run-time....And last but not the least....GET OUT THERE AND GET THAT THING DIRTY, AND BURN NITRO BABY!!!! I hear ya about the part on being "hooked" too; I was the same way when I first got my Revo last year....and I still love the truck; tough, durable as heck and wants to keep coming back for more....what more can I say about that!!!.....[8D]
Old 05-22-2008, 12:48 AM
Mspeed

Jake, we are going to have a huge bashing session soon I take it. Going to have to open our own race track soon O by the way my buku just came today. Eager to get the rest of my stuff for the revo so I can test it out.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:36 AM
RCCanuck

piece of advice....NEVER LET YOUR FRIENDS DRIVE YOUR TRUCKS......unless they put a sizable deposit in your pocket so when they break it you can fix it.....
Old 05-22-2008, 06:28 AM
ENZO7
Banned

ORIGINAL: jaketrouble

yea,, a little older then 15:}:},, when i was 15 gas was 60 cents a gallon:}:} i'm in my mid 40's now but i act and feel like i'm 15.. tell your parents that i told them to buy you a new revo.. that should do it:}:}

if i ever hit the lottery i will send you my trucks buddy:} so keep your fingers crossed:} jake.
I wash it was that simple, infact i have never had a new truck, i got my t-maxx used for christmas for like 200 bucks, nice truck though, That would be nice if i could say jake said to buy me a new revo, and poof i would have one, i will cross my fingers that you win the lotto and then....and then... Crossing my fingers
Old 05-22-2008, 12:55 PM
matts6887

All I know is I am kinda lucky I had the $ to get my Revo last year when I did, because even if I didnt have one and wanted to get one now, there unfortunately would be no way for me to get a new one, because now $ is a lot tighter for me than it use to be because of the obvious, these stupid flippin gas prices as well as the cost of other things have done me in kinda(for lack of better terms anyway)
Old 05-22-2008, 02:00 PM
beer=food
Banned

I hear ya matty, l run 4 trucks through me buisness, in OZ, we are at 1.66 per letre of diesel, theres 4ish letres to a gallon, australia is huge, lots of fuel burn, tell me this, break ya gallon down, what do you pay per letre, per gallon we pay about 6.64 dollars, tell me is it that bad in the US yet ? Why ?
Old 05-22-2008, 06:07 PM
jaketrouble

wish we knew why gas was so high mate,,, exxon had a 12 billion dollar profit in the first quarter and they are crying/ [BILLION!!!] freakin jerks!!! i saw a trucker today at a gas station filling up his dump truck.. almost 400 dollars to fil it up at $4.75 a gallon!!!! oh well,, but here i am spending 28 bucks a gallon on nitro so go figure..

anyway my revo is running very fast and tuff.. to day i ran just a half a tank through it when i got home later then expected. i noticed that when i bring it in to read the temp it kinda idles a little slower.. is there just an idle knob i adjust to cure that.. and i have about an 1/8 of a tank of fuel in it.. is it ok just to leave it in there over night.. and if i shouldnt would it be a good idea to put in back into my new fuel bottle? i wouldnt think so but what do i know..

cant wait to get my new tmaxx in a couple weeks.. he said it might be here earlier.. now if i could only get good enough to run both at once:}:} jake.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:20 PM
NitroVenom

Yea theres a idle speed needle that you can adjust it with. Its on the back-side of the carb. Have you leaned it out since break in?
Old 05-22-2008, 06:29 PM
jaketrouble

no i havent did anything since break in.. i broke it in with it's 5th tank yesterday.. today i was kinda busy so only ran about a half tank in my back yard at semi low speeds. now i notice when i bring in it for a temp reading it hesitates almost like it wants to cut off but not that close.. but then i give it some throttle and she takes off fine.. now i have read the owners manual and understand it but i like to hear from word of mouth what i should do next,,thx,,jake

my high temp today was about 212f.. and the low was around 160f.. what is the ideal temp when running hard? or anytime for that matter?
Old 05-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Mspeed

After break in, you should start tunning it for performance. If you leave it rich its hard on the motor cause your temps dont get up were they should be and the extra fuel is harder on the con-rod. Plus, your missing out on alot of performance and enjoymnent you could of had with better gas milage. When tunning for performance, dont rush it. The temp gauge will help you alot when your new to tunning. Anything from 200-270 is considered pretty close to the range of were you want to stay. Temps are not the only thing you should be looking at when your tunning. Jake, you will have a whole new experience with this hobby as you start learning to tune. Read your instructions really throughly, traxxas does a great job explaining tunning.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:09 PM
NitroVenom

You have to lean it out some more. You should have been leaning it out during break in also. Thats why its been idleing so low. You think its fast now? Wait until you get a good tune and a half gallon through it.

Edit: follow these stepsdiffrent truck same concept)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSmMzpZM_As

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJFsJ...eature=related
Old 05-22-2008, 09:14 PM
jaketrouble

thx nitro,, great info... i cant imagine it getting any faster then this. this is my first truck and right now i am very very impressed. jake
Old 05-22-2008, 09:19 PM
NitroVenom

One more thing I would recomend for your truck to up the performance would be to get a better air filter. I'm running a motor saver filter and in this pic, you can see how much more volume of air it brings in.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39032.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	954925  
Old 05-22-2008, 09:20 PM
matts6887

thx nitro,, great info... i cant imagine it getting any faster then this. this is my first truck and right now i am very very impressed. jake

I had a feeling u would be pretty impressed with the Revo there Jake. I know I was amazed at it as well when I first got mine. Well i still am amazed actually....keep burning nitro baby(well until u break something that is lol) [8D]
Old 05-22-2008, 10:27 PM
jaketrouble

i sure will beat this baby up matt:}... hey nitro,, someone told me that those motor savers were no good but i dont think he ever used them.. so do they really work? and what exactlly do they do?? thx again brother,,,jake.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:51 AM
RCCanuck

i sure will beat this baby up matt:}... hey nitro,, someone told me that those motor savers were no good but i dont think he ever used them.. so do they really work? and what exactlly do they do?? thx again brother,,,jake.
its just a better air filter for your engine......way better than stock for sure. I noticed a performance gain from the stock filter.

Gas is $1.24/ L here in Canada which calculates to about $5.00/gallon
Old 05-23-2008, 06:07 AM
[email protected]

DANG man nitro or normal petrol?
but they are great filters run one on my 3.3 and its the best ever but i have to run 1/4 turn rich from factory or i am a lil lean.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:08 AM
matts6887

I think he meant normal petro!! lol