Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Nitro water trap, wet driving ! Slideshow.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:11 PM
beer=food
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro water trap, wet driving ! Slideshow.

ORIGINAL: beer=food

No they dont do they, this one is 12 years old, original everything but springs and engine, this heap o crap as alloy diffs, and they still aint chewed out, wheelies too, LOL , you gotta love trucks you can just utterly torchure and trash !

http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/f...shomudbash.flv

That looks like its a pretty good truck for 12 years old beer!! that thing it just like a timex....."it takes a licking, but keeps on ticking" lol

It is a beast, never really used it for big jumps see, just rough stuff, and the last few years mud, still, the steering hasent even siezed up yet, now that shoulda happened 5 YEARS ago ! LOL !
l love it, replaced a couple of steering servo's in its day, couple a engines, a few ball joints, some bearings in gearbox, l literally ripped reverse out of it one day, slammed it in reverse and the cog, no crap, flew out 2 Metres in the air ! The shaft it sat on snapped ! So its got No reverse anymore, LOL NO brakes, hahaha but heaps a grunt for a little one, so it chews up mud pretty good !

Anyways heres a slide show clip lve done with the air filter set up on it, theres some other pic's in there to of mud bashing, and how to clean a BAJA fast ! LOL !
The stainless steel mesh l used, l got from a 'leaf catcher' a plumbers shop is where you find em for about 15 bucks, pretty cheap stainless steel mesh, throw catcher away, theres pic's of that in the slide show, the squashabe pipe l got off a pool filter system, cost me nothing, being squashable, it has deep grooves in it, any drips that get to that section, run down into groves never to reach the engine, very handy, the foam at the from of the air intake, is VERY THIN, to stop resistance and self richening of the tune, it has the stainless steel mesh over it for big mud clumps, if the tube goes totally underwater, it will run for about 10 to 15 seconds with the air in the pipe, because my pipe is situated virtically on the truck, its hard for water to go straight up, water never reaches my oiled filter thats deep inside the pipe, in fact the original filter doesnt change, this whole device is slipped over the filter and silicone sealed around its rear, most standard air filters will need the plastic end removed and a washer placed there to force air into foam, rather than down the middle where the plastic end screws into, this is a must do, because the pipe should be as close to the foam filter size as you can get it, so most of the air must go through the FRONT of the air filter, when you see a pic of inside the air filter white pipe you will see the foam filter, with a WASHER in place of the plastic filter head, thats what l mean.Without that mod, it will stall out from leaning, and flood itself when ya trying to start it.

On my truggy version, the pipe is even longer, and the longer the pipe, the more water it can cop, on a virtical one, on the truggy l drive it on road when its raining, the rain, especially if its heavyish is enough for the filter system to cope with, the truggy travels so much faster, it cannot dive into deep puddles with this system, the engine sucks so much air so fast the longer pipe is really a must, so truggy system is flat for road running, kyosho ram system is vertical for deep puddles, so long as you watch the depth, l stay away from anything thats 3 inches deep or more, but the fun you can have in 20mm of muddy water, YEP LOLOLOL !

Enjoy, hope lve made some other drunks wet weather day !

http://www.rcuvideos.com/

oops !

http://www.rcuvideos.com/item/YKFB18FK8BVXD8VQ
Old 06-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Soppy

Default RE: Nitro water trap, wet driving ! Slideshow.

Does silicon sealing the servos and receiver work? They don't overheat? Could I do this and run my truck in the dry when it's 95 degrees out or would I run into problems? Any pics on how to seal would be cool.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:57 PM
kenali
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: Soppy

Does silicon sealing the servos and receiver work? They don't overheat? Could I do this and run my truck in the dry when it's 95 degrees out or would I run into problems? Any pics on how to seal would be cool.
Here you go, hope this can help you out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZt7BuiNtc0
Old 06-08-2008, 11:49 PM
beer=food
Banned

Mine have never overheated.
That video of sealing is spot on.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:34 AM
matts6887

Man...those are some pretty wild pics there beer!!!; especially the ones of the baja!! that thing looked like it got one heck of a serious "muid bath"!! lol...but still looked like fun to say the least!!! [8D]
Old 06-09-2008, 03:01 PM
beer=food
Banned

The baja rooster tailed over 4M in the air with claggy mud ! And thats with them half bald tyres !
You could say it was fun, LOTS !
There was an area about 6x6M square of mmmmmud, l just had too !
Old 06-09-2008, 09:26 PM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: beer=food

The baja rooster tailed over 4M in the air with claggy mud ! And thats with them half bald tyres !
You could say it was fun, LOTS !
There was an area about 6x6M square of mmmmmud, l just had too !
In other words.....I guess u could say that mud was "Calling" ur name!!! LOL