Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Just sent to Integy

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Racenut53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just sent to Integy

I have purchased 3 sets of shocks for the T-maxx MSR 8 And they are super. They hold oil 4mm shafts. I have put them on a 1/4 scale 33 pound car and they rebound fine I use 1 shock per wheel with a 20# spring to a 12# spring.

Joey
Old 08-05-2008, 10:31 AM
KillerKowalczyk

Integy wrote back to me almost immediately, they said that the reason why the shocks are not functioning properly could possibly be because the hobby shop I bought them from let them sit on the shelf to long and the seals could have dried/hardened up. Integy is sending me a rebuild kit for them.

2 of the 8 shocks seem to function semi properly, rebound is still a little slow with heavier oils. The other six wont even rebound all the way when they are off of the truck with 20wt oil in them and the stiffest "red" spings that are provided by Integy.

Note: it seemed like every time I tried a different oil weight with the MSR8's that the old oil I was pooring out was greyish/black. I could only assume that this is due to the seals breaking down and dirtying the oil.

I have just ran the T-Maxx at the track with a set of Traxxas Big Bores with 60wt oil and fairly stiff springs, this setup seems to better suit my needs.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:57 AM
sb13
My Feedback: (52)

I bought a set of shocks for my T-Maxx from them and they have held up so far but I was told about them after my purchase and I won't buy anything else becouse the chances of a poorly produced product are high imo and it's not worth the risk and or aggravations to me.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Motox_3

what shop you go to we are in the same city so i dont want to go to the same place also there are many other shops in toronto so you can find someone that will have better parts
Old 08-05-2008, 12:02 PM
bigblock454XXL
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kudos to you killerkowal. We have a choice in life to stand up tall and proud for what we believe in. I'm with you. It's all about principle. Glad it worked out for you. In a business the customer is the #1 priority. If the customer isn't happy the customer goes somewhere else. If the customer goes elsewhere then the business loses. I bought front and rear Integy skid plates and the front one is so messed up I took it off. The rear one, after two wheelies the skid plate was bent all the way up which cause the wheelie bar to go up and push the rear bumper into the back off the truck body. It looked horrible!! Leason learned, the metal is too soft and I'll never buy Integy again either. Good luck in future aluminum purchases. If you find something better post and let us all know the good stuff to buy.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:02 PM
KillerKowalczyk

I got them at "Big Boys With Cool Toys" on Dundas St. in Mississauga.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:08 PM
KillerKowalczyk

I guess things kind of worked out for me, I honestly think that they should have sent me a whole new set of shocks, but if I were to complain any more I doubt I'd get anything at all.

The skidplates are a huge dissapointment, but everyone else makes them out of the 6061 aluminum aswell, and I dont think RPM has any that fit the 3.3. So kinda stuck with the cheap Integy skidplates. I am going to contact a local machinist to see if I can get a set made out of a harder aluminum or stainless steel.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:39 PM
emaXXman123
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: KillerKowalczyk

Well, its seems as tho Integy has a fairly decent Tech/Response group. They have offered to send me a free rebuild kit (they claim that the shocks might not be functioning properly due to age and that the seals/silicone parts may have hardened before I bought them) and a discount on anything new that I buy from them. I am still dissapointed with their products however.
i bought the rc18t threaded shocks from integy and poof! they sheared right off! sent them a letter asking for replacemnemt and thy did reply in like a week later saying thy will replace the broken part...look waht happen just by pushing by hand..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57200.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1005300  
Old 08-05-2008, 10:42 PM
emaXXman123
My Feedback: (1)

sorry for putting this 1/18 stuff in the traxxas part but just saying never buy integy haha
Old 12-04-2013, 03:38 PM
rockcop222

I wish I had found this site before buying Integy products. I am very very new to RC Trucks. I bought a Traxxas Slash 4x4 and was told if I wanted to jump my truck, I needed better shocks. I bought the XSR9 shocks. When they arrived, there were no instructions on how to adjust them, so I checked their website. I couldn't find any instructions. When I contacted Integy, I was pawned off on "Bill. This is a copy of the email back and fourth with him.

Bill,

I Just received my new shocks in the mail for my Traxxas 4 x 4. I am new to RC cars and noticed there was no instructions on how to adjust these shocks. Do you have any kind of instruction manual or information on how to adjust the shocks properly?

Response:

The spring collars are for adjusting the truck's ride height.
If you want to adjust the rebound, be careful not to adjust the rebound too firm ... the shock shaft must be able to go into the shock body smoothly and completely. Adjusting the shocks too firm can cause damages to the shock's internal parts.

Your Business is Greatly Appreciated.
Thank you,
Bill@Integy
Tech Support

Reply:
Okay, none of that means anything to me, it's totally foreign language. I don't know what a spring collar is or how to use them... And I don't know how to adjust the rebound. Like I said before, this is completely new to me. I was told that if I wanted to start jumping my RC, I needed to replace the shocks. Other than it looking like a car shock, I don't know anything about these parts. Some documentation with some pictures and which way to turn the adjustment knobs and that kind of thing would be greatly appreciated.

Response:
Try to get a local hobby shop to install the parts for you if you are having trouble getting them to work correctly.

Your Business is Greatly Appreciated.
Thank you,
Bill@Integy
Tech Support

Reply:
That's ridiculous. I can't even get you to support your own product! I'm not taking it to a local hobby shop only to have them charge me to support an Integy product you should be supporting. The fact that you won't answer my questions tells me there is no documentation on how the shock works and you're too lazy to help the customer understand the product. It's evident in your suggestion to go to a local hobby shop.

How do I return your product and get my money back?

I will buy somebody else's shocks that doesn't mind spending some time with me. I'm also going to post this whole email on Facebook for other potential customers so they know what kind of poor customer service you really have. I'm also going to forward this to the local consumer service news reporter who does weekly reports on things like this here in Houston. I want your company president to contact me.

The guy can't even help a noob and explain how to adjust the shocks. He's so lazy...He wants me to take it to somebody else to show me how to adjust their shocks. Idiots.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:19 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rockcop22.. You now understand why most members don't touch Integy Products.. The fact that you got a reply was surprising. For you Slash, there are a few things you can do. You can use the stock shocks, but just replace the top caps (where you open them up) with traxxas aluminum caps. They replace the plastic caps that will pop off while jumping or racing. You can also upgrade to a better set of shocks that are all aluminum but honestly its not necessary. the caps will solve 95% of stock shock issues.