Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T maxx questions

Old 07-28-2008, 12:24 PM
LOSIKID16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T maxx questions

All right guys i got the first tmaxx that came with the .15 i got it for 75 bucks, my questions is should i keep this or get the new 3.3 and leave it stock. what is the major diffrence in the trucks if so should i just get a revo? never had one. i have had teh 2.5 maxx and it was fun. what should i do i got 400 cash
Old 07-28-2008, 12:39 PM
BrandonFox28

Default RE: T maxx questions

I say get the new 3.3 and leave it stock. Thats what I did and havent broken a part yet. The Revo is a little out of your price range and you'll have just as much fun with the Maxx.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:43 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with brandon on this one! I too say get the 3.3 and leave it stock because it is by far that much better than the old .15 version is/was.....
Old 07-28-2008, 12:58 PM
LOSIKID16

Ok awesome, i will buy it soon. what kinda of prices should i look for? also will some of the parts fit on the newest one off the oldest one? tires parts stuff like that also will it do wheelies?
Old 07-28-2008, 01:11 PM
racemaxx24

389.99 at Tower Hobbies
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=SM&I=LXUUM4**

Some parts will like the fuel tank, engine mount, servo mounts, etc will but most won't as they really improved the t-maxx 2.5 and 3.3 from the 1.5 t-maxx. If u get it tuned right and stiffen the rear shocks[more spaceors], it will wheelie all day
Old 07-28-2008, 01:20 PM
LOSIKID16

Awesome thanks man
Old 07-28-2008, 01:22 PM
BrandonFox28

ORIGINAL: racemaxx24

389.99 at Tower Hobbies
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=SM&I=LXUUM4**

Some parts will like the fuel tank, engine mount, servo mounts, etc will but most won't as they really improved the t-maxx 2.5 and 3.3 from the 1.5 t-maxx. If u get it tuned right and stiffen the rear shocks[more spaceors], it will wheelie all day
Yeah, Tower has it cheapest and they usually run like a 30 dollar off deal on an order that large. Good luck with the Maxx man!
Old 07-28-2008, 01:23 PM
racemaxx24

ORIGINAL: LOSIKID16

Awesome thanks man
No problem[8D]
Old 07-28-2008, 01:24 PM
GreenRacer
My Feedback: (3)

Save up a little more for a revo!
Old 07-28-2008, 01:24 PM
racemaxx24

ORIGINAL: GreenRacer

Save up a little more for a revo!
Don't get pushy lol
Old 07-28-2008, 02:53 PM
beer=food
Banned

Its smart to save a bit more digger, the revo will out bash and out handle aaaand out race a maxx. Out of the box with NO mods. T-maxx can wheelie easier, higher centre of gravity, but revo has the raw power to do it anyways ! LOL ! Such a huge difference in these two trucks, the revo is decades ahead in design, LOL actually it is about a decade now isnt it ! L O L !

Oh and racemax, l went to squash the damn bug on my screen only to notice its your freekish sig ! To early ! 5;50 am !
Old 07-28-2008, 03:21 PM
racemaxx24

ORIGINAL: beer=food

Oh and racemax, l went to squash the damn bug on my screen only to notice its your freekish sig ! To early ! 5;50 am !
[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 07-28-2008, 04:07 PM
BrandonFox28

Its smart to save a bit more digger, the revo will out bash and out handle aaaand out race a maxx. Out of the box with NO mods. T-maxx can wheelie easier, higher centre of gravity, but revo has the raw power to do it anyways ! LOL ! Such a huge difference in these two trucks, the revo is decades ahead in design, LOL actually it is about a decade now isnt it ! L O L !

Nope, go Maxx.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:10 PM
racemaxx24

ORIGINAL: BrandonFox28

Nope, go Maxx.
Don't start with him. I will get u no where
Old 07-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Sparco

[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
I fell for that not too long ago, and almost did it again.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:45 PM
BrandonFox28

ORIGINAL: BrandonFox28

Nope, go Maxx.
Don't start with him. I will get u no where
Yeah, I've already heard and experienced.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:57 PM
LOSIKID16

well guys now i think i want a revo i can get one on craigs list for 300 bucks and i got a 3.3 here at the house new in the box what do you guys think? will it do wheelies?
Old 07-29-2008, 01:12 AM
nighttalk

i was in the same situtation b4...
i bought my first tmaxx pro .15 about 6 yrs ago....really have lots of fun with it
but havnt run it for a long time....and i just dig it out and start to run it again about 4 months ago
found out the parts are harder and harder to get.
was thinking to upgrade that truck....but with all the money i spend to upgarde...i can add a little bit more to get a new 3.3
so that's why i just got my new tmaxx3.3 3 days ago~!

i drove revo for 30 mins b4...no question about it...that truck handle really well...
but for myself...i really want me truck looks like monster truck...and run like monster truck
revo's suspension is TOO good for jumping....i like the way tmaxx jump
after 30 mins running....me decide to get a tmaxx....
i dunt do race...i just wanta have fun with my freind....
all depends on what u want...
Old 07-29-2008, 02:26 AM
beer=food
Banned

well guys now i think i want a revo i can get one on craigs list for 300 bucks and i got a 3.3 here at the house new in the box what do you guys think? will it do wheelies?
Yea they wheelie easy as when tuned in and set up a bit stiff !
The revo is so much more fun to drive, scootin over a rough as paddock, only a 1/5 beast will keep up with it, there is so much movement through the suspension, the revo can travel over rougher surfaces than most other MT's , with greater control, the old argument ''l like the way a Maxx or savage handles '' it handles more like a MT should '' is BS, these people in my opinion need to drive FASTER, faster is the key to realising how much MORE of a real MT the revo is, it can absorb more impact energy through its suspension, when you do get it up and jivin, boogyin and skipping over the real rough terrain, one type design flips , the other revo's on ! Boy is it fun hittin them rough spots faster than any other MT and commin out the other side alone !
Old 07-29-2008, 06:43 AM
GreenRacer
My Feedback: (3)

Both Revo and T-Maxx 3.3 will pull wheelies easily. You know, both are great trucks. Each one has its' strong points. In my opinion: Revo has superior handling and is a bit tougher. The T-Maxx has more aftermarket toys/upgrades for it and is a lot easier to work on.

If you do buy used, be sure you scrutinize it very well before you buy. Myself...I would save up just a little bit more, or sell the 3.3 you have towards a brand new one with a warranty.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:19 AM
racemaxx24

ORIGINAL: GreenRacer

The T-Maxx has more aftermarket toys/upgrades for it and is a lot easier to work on.
U are right about the aftermarket parts avalibility but I find my Revo easier to work on than my old t-maxx...
Old 07-29-2008, 07:22 AM
bigblock454XXL
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go for the Tmaxx!! And I highly recommend buying one brand new. Of course what you need to do is just think deep down which one you think you'll be happier with.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30812.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	999958   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62117.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	999959   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu50498.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	999960   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sl27082.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	999961  
Old 07-29-2008, 07:37 AM
LOSIKID16

well guys i think its going to be a revo, i have a tmaxx that runs its the oldest one, ill put a bigger engine in it later. ill let you know how it goes