Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Can't Decide! HELP!

Old 07-31-2008, 08:42 PM
gagallagher04401
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't Decide! HELP!

Hey everyone

Well I am trying to sell my T-maxx 2.5 and I am thiking about the REVO.

But which one? The original 3.3 REVO or the new upgraded REVO? (Not the Platnum REVO)

I am gonna be bashing hard, I want fast, jumping, duribility.....

Thoughts ??????

Aslo I know this is Traxxas forum, but what everyone thoughts on the Losi LST2 MT compared to traxxas vehicles?.

Thanks
Old 07-31-2008, 08:52 PM
jaketrouble

Default RE: Can't Decide! HELP!

well the new revo doesnt have a reverse so if that doesnt matter then get it.. i think they have bigger tires and a couple other upgrades. but i dont know if it comes with a charger or not.. the older version that i bought is sweet.. very tuff and very fast. plus it has reverse and comes with the charger.. jake
Old 07-31-2008, 09:44 PM
Motox_3

I have Both Trucks you are talking about the LST2 and the Revo one with reverse the LST is a nice truck fast handles good fun to drive and strong but i really think the revo takes the cake i love this truck it is very fast handles very fast out of the box the 3.3 is nice not great but it is good the ezstart is easy some times but if you forget to charge it then it is a pain i there truck you get will be great also i think the revo takes less to get race ready but am not sure and that is only if you are in 2 it
Old 07-31-2008, 09:56 PM
matts6887

I would say go with the revo with reverse and u can upgrade parts gradually as the $ allows for doing so. However, either one is gonna be a extremely tough, durable truck overall. So, go with whatever u feel will suit ya better. Sure the "new" revo has the upgraded pipe and no reverse, etc. But thats one thing u will have to decide for urself is whether or not u want to live without reverse.....
Old 07-31-2008, 09:56 PM
mycarisaser

Well I have a e-revo and a lst2. My brothers neighbor just got a revo 3.3. I got to check it out this past week end. Its really nice and fast. As much as I like my traxxas trucks(e-maxx and e-revo, oh and had a rustler, t-maxx and old e-maxx) I think the lst2 is a better built truck. Now you can make a revo really nice but it takes money to do that where as the lst2 come stock that way. The lst2 comes with true 1/8th scale diffs, all metel drivetrain, high and low gear 2 speed tranny, metal gear servos, great radio, steal cvds, and its bigger and wider than the revo.. Last butnot least its built like a tank but handles like a racecar!

Now with all that said: I love my e-revo(its now brushless and I run lipo) I love the suspention, the concept, and how low the center of gravity is. It is a fun truck to drive and it gets lots of attention from people b/c of the looks and design.

I think you would be happy with either truck b/c they are the best of both companies and they are the 2 best racing monster trucks on the market.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:56 AM
slurp91193

i got both the newer one and older one and not having reverse is a pain but the pipe gives u a lot more power, good luck with what ever one u get.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Mspeed

If you think you would like reverse, then hurry up and get the older 3.3 revo before they are gone. If you dont really care if it has reverse or not, then definitley get the newer revo, you get more bang for your buck, better pipe, better gas tank, better shocks bodies, better axle carriers, better airfilter and the truck is a bit cheaper to purchase.

Maniy old timer revo owners will usually tell you they took their reverse out and found it to be problematic when they had it in. I still have my reverse and it has seen alot of motors and works great. If you set it up right and know what your doing, it can last a long time.

If I had to do it all over again, I would get the newer revo, and then put reverse in it down the road.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:12 PM
BrandonFox28

I'm thinking the new Revo because it's obviously updated and upgraded.