Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Nitro Fuel

Old 10-17-2008, 12:13 PM
nason50028

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Fuel

ok i have a question what would u percent do u recammend for my trx 3.3... i want to kno and what is the cheapest place online to order a case
Old 10-17-2008, 12:20 PM
REVO_RACER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Nitro Fuel

ORIGINAL: nason50028

ok i have a question what would u percent do u recammend for my trx 3.3... i want to kno and what is the cheapest place online to order a case
Its all about personal prefrence some people love certian fuels some people hate it, the only thing I can say is try something that you think you might like. I myself like some byrons RaceGen2 or Odonnels 20% Racing fuel.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:35 PM
nason50028

i thought there was a certain percentage i am sapost to run with this engine... i broke it in on 20% but then i switched to 33% and now the 33% is costin me more so m lookin to switch brand fuels and stuff like that...i was using traxxas top fuel and i like it... but i havent ever ran anything else beside wildcat elimnator... and it ran good... but im wondering how it will effect my engine if i go to a lower percent... i hear its fatil for the engine and will make it have a shorter life span... and also what does the whole nitro percentage thing due i dont get it...
Old 10-17-2008, 06:06 PM
scarletboa
My Feedback: (1)

traxxas 20% is the safest fuel to run and does the best in trx engines in my opinion. i run all sorts of fuels in many different engines. personally, i like nitrotane for my savage 4.6 and traxxas is great for high temp areas like mine.

traxxas fuel goes best with traxxas engines.
10% is best for the .15
20% is best for normal running with 2.5 or 3.3
33% is best for racing with any trx engine but it lowers overall engine life.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:40 PM
matts6887

If u can get a hold of some from a shop in ur area, I would recommend going with Byron's fuel(preferably 20%) which would be my first choice, or try for odonells 20% would be my second choice for u..
Old 10-17-2008, 09:52 PM
BurninValves

ORIGINAL: scarletboa

traxxas 20% is the safest fuel to run and does the best in trx engines in my opinion. i run all sorts of fuels in many different engines. personally, i like nitrotane for my savage 4.6 and traxxas is great for high temp areas like mine.

traxxas fuel goes best with traxxas engines.
10% is best for the .15
20% is best for normal running with 2.5 or 3.3
33% is best for racing with any trx engine but it lowers overall engine life.
erroneous[X(]
Old 10-17-2008, 10:39 PM
TMaxxDriver

ORIGINAL: nason50028

i thought there was a certain percentage i am sapost to run with this engine... i broke it in on 20% but then i switched to 33% and now the 33% is costin me more so m lookin to switch brand fuels and stuff like that...i was using traxxas top fuel and i like it... but i havent ever ran anything else beside wildcat elimnator... and it ran good... but im wondering how it will effect my engine if i go to a lower percent... i hear its fatil for the engine and will make it have a shorter life span... and also what does the whole nitro percentage thing due i dont get it...

Personally, I am using Wildcat Eliminator 20% in my Tmaxx.. and Trinity Monster Horsepower 30% in my Jato...

I would prefer to run Byrons Gen2 over anything... I steer away from the Traxxas Top Fuel, I hate that stuff. Trinity Monster Horsepower is another good one. Sidewinder, Odonnels are both good too... The Wildcat Eliminator has proven to be a pretty good fuel for me too, at $25 a gallon, cheaper than the Traxxas Top Fuel for a gallon...

For your engine, the higher percent you use (33% in your case) that actually does more damage... I think it would be safe to say that 20% is a good general fuel to use.

Just my $0.02
Old 10-18-2008, 03:11 AM
dkastil

20% is what you want to run if you are new the traxxas is good because it has a ton of oil ,if you have no issues with tuneing go with odonnell 20% i run it in my .15 and .18 engines in you .26 i run 30% odonnell they have byrons gen 2 at my lhs but all the racers and shop guys like the odonnell but i have read good things about the gen 2 so i am getting some for my bigblock next time at the hobby shop . I like 30% in my bigblocks but my smallblocks run verry nice with 20% and your trx will run great and last a little better , and if you order nitro has to ship ground so you are in ohio so i would go with tower, omni or horizon they are in ill so you wont pay sales tax but it is close so the shipping will be fast
Old 10-20-2008, 03:11 PM
nason50028

ok thanks... and im using the wildcat eliimator fuel to 20% with 14% oil content... thats a lot of oil so i think its safe for my engine... and my tune is really good... i have gooten the whole tunning thing downt o a T now... i just for some reason for the life of me cant get my engine to stay at ideal... its like it doesnt want to idle no matter what i do... and im pretty sure i dont have a air leak because my temps are nice and cool beign around just a lil over 200 and plenty of smoke and power... and doesnt 4 stroke at all... and yes i tune by sound and smoke not by temp... i stopped tuning by temp last year... best choice i have ever made... made tuning alot easier... and my plugs have lasted alot longer... the last plug i had in my truck before it burnt out had over a gallon of fuel threw it before it finnally went out
Old 10-20-2008, 04:11 PM
JLRevo

I found this.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7403072/printable.htm

Read the second post.

BY the way the 3.3 comes shim from the factory for 33%.

If your tuning is right your engine shouldn't wear out fast. My friend as the 3.3 4 tec running 30 o.d. with about 9 gallons and it still running strong. Its all in the tuning. He's motor has never seen temps above 225. Ever.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:35 AM
nason50028

ok... but that didnt help me with how to ge tmy engine set to idle good... my 3.3 has around 4 may 4 and a half gallons threw it so far... it still has crazy power to... and idk what fuel im going to run after this wildcat elim is all gone... i will prolly stick with it for a while.. then maybe switch to something else
Old 10-21-2008, 04:54 PM
TMaxxDriver

I have just recently learned (personal experience) that my Wildcat Eliminator 20% lasts a little while longer than the Trinity Monster Horse Power. (compared on a 1 tank observation in my Jato) It also seems to run cooler than the Trinity.

I have NO complaints with the Wildcat Eliminator, I just found this particular kind about 3 months ago at my LHS.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:18 PM
scarletboa
My Feedback: (1)

i've used trinity and it does run hot. i like xtm fuel, nitrotane, traxxas fuel, etc. it's VERY hot where i live and for temps, i like traxxas best.