Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

My Project (60+ mph T-maxx) *Car Done*

Old 01-09-2009, 03:06 PM
donkeymaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My new project

Kasarn... How fast do you think you revo runs on the red dot?
Old 01-09-2009, 05:53 PM
JLRevo

Seeing Over_Revo got up in the mid 50's with the OS18tz and mid 60"s with the Picco.28. I figure I'm right in the mid. I havent full broken my motor yet because of the cold weather. But Sunday I'm going to a warehouse to finish it up. I still dont know what the motor has because I havent been full throttle yet. But its quick of the line so far. I havent seen the top end. I'll be getting a radar gun in the next month. I have a slayer tranny everything needed but foams to make a couple runs once the motor is broken in. To get over 60 MPH you need a beast of a motor.... something like a Drag Modded Picco .28 P#, OS 28zx Dragged Modded or a Ninja .28 Drag Modded are good choices. I didnt know I was going to get this deep, if I did, I would of went for for a .28 ( which I will soon). I'd loved to see you break 60MPH with your T Maxx.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Mufasa_719

dont forget lighten up anything you can to lose weight. dont use the reciver or battery boxes. Just useless weight. Only run 4 shocks as well, with small limiters inside with a lil thicker oil and a tighter spring.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:09 PM
JLRevo

Courtesy of AB MODS
I dont know where a dyno for the Axial is at but I seen one and wasnt impressed. I think it made peak HP some where between 24 and 28000 RPM's. Your going to need more for the top end. Over has a video of a Modded truggy doing low 50's.

Heres some graphs for a reference. The 3.3. doesnt have 1 HP to start with.
TRX33 stock For reference

Stock Picco .26 Max( Not Reddot)

Stock and Stage 2 AB Mod Ninja

Stock Picco .28

STock OS28 verus AB Drag Mod OS
See the HP the Drag Mods increases almost over the whole powerband. Thats whats needed. Over had a drag modded PIcco that put out more than the stock 28 listed above.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:42 PM
donkeymaxx

ORIGINAL: Mufasa_719

dont forget lighten up anything you can to lose weight. dont use the reciver or battery boxes. Just useless weight. Only run 4 shocks as well, with small limiters inside with a lil thicker oil and a tighter spring.
I am actually finishing the shocks now in my office. I am running 4 big bores with 50w oil.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:45 AM
Mufasa_719

Sounds like a good weight to be running.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:21 AM
plank420

dremal your piston. abmods is taking peoples money it is so easy to do.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:22 AM
RCCanuck

ORIGINAL: plank420

whatever dude.....go dremel your own piston LOL
I say gearing is your new best friend.....get a hold of Miamizfinest thats all he does is top speed builds all differant kinds of rigs too from Baja 5B to Jato 3.3......He is somehow doing custom gearing and getting unreal top end speeds do a search on you tube or check his threads he posted a bunch of videos.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:35 AM
JLRevo

Dremel your piston???? Are you serious.[sm=drowning.gif]
Old 01-10-2009, 10:02 AM
donkeymaxx

ORIGINAL: kasarn

I have both a stock Picco and a AB Modded Picco. Their is no comparison between the to. Please comment on what you have and not what you think. Get a radar gun and show us what you can do. Prove to us he's a theif.
[link=http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=449911]Here is thread I started[/link] go down to where the pics of Adam are.
Second page. When were you in XRC?
Engines are so sensitive i would be way to scared to dremmel myself. I know that this goal is going to take time and i am going to have to try different things including trying different engines. I will post it all.

I can tell you right now that the one thing that worries me is the gearing. I am going to have a hard time trying to get the gearing i want to mesh.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:25 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^Just make sure that the clutch bell and spur have the same pitch. If they have the same pitch then they'll have a good mesh.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Over_revO

Listen to this guy if you want to blow your engine, there is more into that than just do fancy cut, the real power is in the timing, you need to know what you do, and experiment a LOT to get those knowledge.

I have personaly worked with Adam for the OS28XZ drag mod and can tell you this engine have nothing to do with a stock one... dont be fooled by fancy cut on the sleeves, theres NO power there. The power is in the timing, only 0.3mm can make it go from WOW!! to

Old 01-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Over_revO

[quote]ORIGINAL: kasarn

. Over has a video of a Modded truggy doing low 50's.

Stock Picco .28

In fact that vid is with the Drag modified OS28XZ, it did 54 mph on the stock 14T clutchbell only.
Heres a video of it: http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z...Bmods_drag.flv

That is a graph ^^ of a Clockwork Picco .28, dynoed by Abmods (dunno wich stage it is though) stock it is 1.9hp

The ABmods Drag modified Picco .28 is 2.31hp, it have slightly more bottom end punch than the OS28 , the OS28 have more top end and peak power.

Heres my run at 66mph:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaYVF5I2oIE

I had a small leak at the carb. had to run rich on bottom, making hard to clear up, thats why it sound weird on low rpm as, i lost times and room because of that to let the engine spool up higher. Im sure 67mph was possible.

I also had(still have) 2 broken a-arms that make it steer when on power, i had to counter steer to keep it straight...probably dont help too...

Good luck guys! ...might have to set the revo for top speed again if you beat me

Old 01-10-2009, 08:42 PM
donkeymaxx

Let me break 60 first then i will think about beating you
Old 01-14-2009, 10:00 AM
donkeymaxx

Just an update... i am still waiting on parts.

The weather down here is crazy. Today its 60, tomorrow 26, and Saturday its 70. I havent been able to get a tune on any of my cars in the past couple of days. Yesterday i debated on getting rid of all my rc equipment because i was so frustrated.

I went to the shop and the guys told me there are some days when the humidity and pressure is so off whack that you cant get a tune. They told me "If you are in nitro long enough you will experience some days nothing goes right."

So i am going to hang in there and try again today.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:23 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote]ORIGINAL: Over_revO

. Over has a video of a Modded truggy doing low 50's.

Stock Picco .28

In fact that vid is with the Drag modified OS28XZ, it did 54 mph on the stock 14T clutchbell only.
Heres a video of it: http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z...Bmods_drag.flv

That is a graph ^^ of a Clockwork Picco .28, dynoed by Abmods (dunno wich stage it is though) stock it is 1.9hp

One thing to consider is the Picco's were tested using OD fuel, Adam has since switched to Nitrotane which produces significantly more power.....

The ABmods Drag modified Picco .28 is 2.31hp, it have slightly more bottom end punch than the OS28 , the OS28 have more top end and peak power.

Heres my run at 66mph:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaYVF5I2oIE

I had a small leak at the carb. had to run rich on bottom, making hard to clear up, thats why it sound weird on low rpm as, i lost times and room because of that to let the engine spool up higher. Im sure 67mph was possible.

I also had(still have) 2 broken a-arms that make it steer when on power, i had to counter steer to keep it straight...probably dont help too...

Good luck guys! ...might have to set the revo for top speed again if you beat me

Old 01-14-2009, 10:26 AM
cat samich

hey here is a thought on what to do about gearing. take a dremel with a cut off wheel and cut the pilot shaft off of the axial. then buy a clutch nut that has a pilot shaft. if you buy the right clutch nut you can run the traxxas clutch bells on the big block. i used traxxas clutches with my hyper .21 converted maxx
Old 01-15-2009, 12:20 PM
donkeymaxx

ORIGINAL: cat samich

hey here is a thought on what to do about gearing. take a dremel with a cut off wheel and cut the pilot shaft off of the axial. then buy a clutch nut that has a pilot shaft. if you buy the right clutch nut you can run the traxxas clutch bells on the big block. i used traxxas clutches with my hyper .21 converted maxx
Yeah i thought of that. I am going to try my best to keep my new engine itact. Traxxas makes spacers and clutch nuts for big blocks. I order them already. They should be in today.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:29 PM
donkeymaxx

Still waiting on parts. My parts are on backorder through my LHS so i went ahead and order them online. I put more of the truck together and put trinity low ride springs on it.

These springs are sweet. The truck is extremely low and stiff. I also put limiters inside my shocks. You can see that even at full extension the truck is low.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19099.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1114945   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62441.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	1114946   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej14462.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1114947  
Old 01-20-2009, 01:04 AM
gonzobot

I would consider disconnecting the front diff. The less friction the better
Old 01-20-2009, 11:11 AM
cat samich

ORIGINAL: gonzobot

the 4x4 might keep it more stable at high speeds, try it both ways. could you post pics of the new mill side by side with the factory one? im trying to get a visual size comparison. if i remember right you did buy an axial right?
Old 01-20-2009, 11:56 AM
JLRevo

With just 2 wheel drive it will be a wheelie king You want power to all wheels. Example Subaru WRX, Mitshibshi EVO, Nissan Skyline.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:56 PM
donkeymaxx

ORIGINAL: cat samich

the 4x4 might keep it more stable at high speeds, try it both ways. could you post pics of the new mill side by side with the factory one? im trying to get a visual size comparison. if i remember right you did buy an axial right?

by mill you mean truck correct? and yes i got the axial .28rr.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:35 PM
superman11
My Feedback: (1)

With just 2 wheel drive it will be a wheelie king You want power to all wheels. Example Subaru WRX, Mitshibshi EVO, Nissan Skyline.
This is true, but he could get the traxxas adjustable wheelie bar and put it all the way down and the front wheels would barely come off the ground
Old 01-20-2009, 03:22 PM
donkeymaxx

ORIGINAL: superman11

This is true, but he could get the traxxas adjustable wheelie bar and put it all the way down and the front wheels would barely come off the ground

I am going to try both ways but what i am concerned about is stopping. My rustler will skid about 25 yards before i can actually stop and that is if i dont turn sideways and flip over

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.