Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

First time out....XP

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 05:36 PM
ADEE369

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time out....XP

and i totally got it filthy, managed to run over my DH drifter (yes! ) and got it good and dirty.. now how in the world do i clean it?! lol!! Here are some pictures of my mess. This is going to be a mostly pink truck when its done but for now we spray painted (intend to replace eventually) the bumpers, and the shock springs. The antenna was a give in I ordered the Emaxx body w/o color (clear except the black striping) so i can paint it pink.. i cant wait!

PINK springs!

Old 01-08-2009, 07:47 PM
cmerritt

Default RE: First time out....XP

looks like you had fun! since it's water resistant, take the batts off and hose it down. works great. that's how i clean my maxx (After i remove the electronics).

or you can take it completely apart and clean it piece by piece with a parts cleaner like i do most of the time...

that works the best. i can take my truck apart like in the pic, clean it (including tires), and rebuild it in about an hour and a half.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:26 PM
fabrimacator21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm... I would think that the plastics don't like the solvent though?
Old 01-08-2009, 08:46 PM
cmerritt

no i just use a little bit of soap. i've cleaned it this way over 10 times and the plastics are fine with it.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:39 PM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: ADEE369

and i totally got it filthy, managed to run over my DH drifter (yes! ) and got it good and dirty.. now how in the world do i clean it?! lol!! Here are some pictures of my mess. This is going to be a mostly pink truck when its done but for now we spray painted (intend to replace eventually) the bumpers, and the shock springs. The antenna was a give in I ordered the Emaxx body w/o color (clear except the black striping) so i can paint it pink.. i cant wait!

PINK springs!

To say it looks like u had fun is probably a big understatement lol!!! Looks like u gave that truck a good ole "Dirt bath" lol....but hey what more could one want out of a truck other than to bash it, and be able to have fun with it!!! [8D]
Old 01-08-2009, 09:44 PM
ADEE369

i had a great time with it!! I even came home and dropped off the family (husband and our children) and had to leave for school. By the time i got home my truck was clean and my batteries are charged.. time for round two anyone? lol!!! boy am i a lucky gal'
Old 01-08-2009, 09:53 PM
matts6887

i had a great time with it!! I even came home and dropped off the family (husband and our children) and had to leave for school. By the time i got home my truck was clean and my batteries are charged.. time for round two anyone? lol!!! boy am i a lucky gal'
I know this might sound kinda a little "weird"(well maybe not totally weird...u know) but; I dont think Ive ever come across a gal that is this excited and this into the r/c scene as u are; and u know what......I am definitely all for that!!!....in fact Im kinda surprirsed that more "gals" haven't yet thought about getting into the hobby(well yes it is true some may not be interested, but then again there are probably a lot that are)....so to that end I give ya kudos for gettin out there and gettin into the r/c scene!!! [8D]
Old 01-09-2009, 08:04 AM
ADEE369

ORIGINAL: matts6887
I know this might sound kinda a little "weird"(well maybe not totally weird...u know) but; I dont think Ive ever come across a gal that is this excited and this into the r/c scene as u are; and u know what......I am definitely all for that!!!....in fact Im kinda surprirsed that more "gals" haven't yet thought about getting into the hobby(well yes it is true some may not be interested, but then again there are probably a lot that are)....so to that end I give ya kudos for gettin out there and gettin into the r/c scene!!! [8D]
It doesnt sound weird... im not like the typical girl though, ive grown up doing very "boy" things.. my dad didnt get his "boy" so the three of us girls (my younger sisters are twins) all did boy stuff, driving boats, fishing, rc cars (hes the one who got us all into them years ago he built them with us), nascar, exc.

My biggest and most favorite hobby is riding horses, well my DH wanted to do something as a family together, our boys got little cheapy rc trucks for christmas (they are 4 & almost 3 we were NOT buying something $$$) and my DH got a hpi drifter and after i took control of his a few times I decided I wanted to get a monster truck because im without a doubt the distructive type and like running things over, flipping, exc. so he in a sense got me back into it. Im NOT a girly girl at all but there is something about having a pink monster truck taht seemed awesome lol! Im kind of glad there arent more females into the RC's. [>:] lol Thanks for the welcome into the sport.. i wish i had some pictures of the cars weve built over the years!
Old 01-09-2009, 12:26 PM
JLRevo

Glad to see your having fun. I want to see PINK paint
Old 01-09-2009, 10:57 PM
KRO

Yeah , the nice thing about the stock E MAXX and E REVO is you can just hose them off when your done , just try not too spray water directly into the motors and blast it off with compressed air and then spray WD40 into all of the moving areas of the suspension .

You wanna see dirty ?

Old 01-10-2009, 09:58 AM
StemTMAXX

thats how I clean my maxx once every few months, depending on how much I run it. Parts washers are youre friend, I have the same one, what cleaning solution do you use in it?

Anyways, glad to see theres some traxxas chicks around. my gf hates my tmaxx, she just doesnt understand the whole rc thing. oh well...
Old 01-10-2009, 11:00 AM
superman11
My Feedback: (1)

What exactly does that do? I just looks like a bin...?
Old 01-10-2009, 11:25 AM
KRO

Its used too wash parts and has a sprayer that can spray solvent or detergent over the parts too wash the dirt/grease away . it also filters and recycles the solvent .
Old 01-10-2009, 04:09 PM
NitroVenom

With that truck I would never have to clean it. I would just run it in the lake or something. LOL Then of course spray the bearings with wd-40 but thats easy. Then shoot it all off with the air compressor. Much more fun then cleaning peice by peice.

I agree, there should be more girls in rc(like my g/f). It would make holidays and special occasions so much easier.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:39 PM
alexbent

don't you find it sexier when its dirty? lol
Old 01-10-2009, 09:43 PM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: KRO

Yeah , the nice thing about the stock E MAXX and E REVO is you can just hose them off when your done , just try not too spray water directly into the motors and blast it off with compressed air and then spray WD40 into all of the moving areas of the suspension .

You wanna see dirty ?

DANG KRO!!!! Is that ur truck?? If so, what the heck did u do man!!! drive that thing through a HUGE mud puddle or something!!!! LOL like holy macral!!! [X(][:-]
Old 01-10-2009, 09:46 PM
matts6887

It doesnt sound weird... im not like the typical girl though, ive grown up doing very "boy" things.. my dad didnt get his "boy" so the three of us girls (my younger sisters are twins) all did boy stuff, driving boats, fishing, rc cars (hes the one who got us all into them years ago he built them with us), nascar, exc.

My biggest and most favorite hobby is riding horses, well my DH wanted to do something as a family together, our boys got little cheapy rc trucks for christmas (they are 4 & almost 3 we were NOT buying something $$$) and my DH got a hpi drifter and after i took control of his a few times I decided I wanted to get a monster truck because im without a doubt the distructive type and like running things over, flipping, exc. so he in a sense got me back into it. Im NOT a girly girl at all but there is something about having a pink monster truck taht seemed awesome lol! Im kind of glad there arent more females into the RC's. [>:] lol Thanks for the welcome into the sport.. i wish i had some pictures of the cars weve built over the years!
Thats very COOL to hear that u like to get into the "boy-toy" side of life(so to speak)....and its cool that u are interested in r/c stuff...it certainly is one heck of a fun hobby.....only problem is....its not a CHEAP hobby!! lol; which makes more people wish only if there was enough $ to go around ya know...hehehehehe.; anyways, like i said, i give ya kudos for getting into the r/c hobby as a gal. [8D]
Old 01-10-2009, 09:54 PM
cmerritt

Its used too wash parts and has a sprayer that can spray solvent or detergent over the parts too wash the dirt/grease away . it also filters and recycles the solvent .
ya it;s used for washing 1:1 car parts but i use it for my truck. i drained it and use soap instead of the solvent it came with. it works EXTREMELY well. it pressurizes the water and shoots it out pretty hard so removing caked on dirt and stuff is so easy.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:20 PM
MMT GUNS

+1 thats so cool, have fun girl try mud pits lol thats fun like hell but the after math is []
Old 01-10-2009, 11:30 PM
bigblock454XXL
My Feedback: (-1)

Hey MMT did you get my message? I'm looking to get rid of my Tmaxx 3.3 powered by a O.S. .21 RG Engine. Possible trade Depending on how much ur MMT is worth.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:53 PM
KRO

DANG KRO!!!! Is that ur truck?? If so, what the heck did u do man!!! drive that thing through a HUGE mud puddle or something!!!! LOL like holy macral!!!

LOL , that was after running a couple packs on my backyard track , there was 3-4 inches of water on the track at the time .

It was a BLAST !
Old 01-11-2009, 10:22 PM
matts6887

DANG KRO!!!! Is that ur truck?? If so, what the heck did u do man!!! drive that thing through a HUGE mud puddle or something!!!! LOL like holy macral!!!

LOL , that was after running a couple packs on my backyard track , there was 3-4 inches of water on the track at the time .

It was a BLAST !
Geez man!!!! LOL!!! well, I guess now u can't say u weren't having fun; cause I can certainly see that u were lol