Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Carb Setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 09:50 PM
C.rusak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb Setup

I got a Sirio .18(awesome motor) but am havin trouble getting the carb setup so that the throttle linkage and brakes dont bind. Its a barrel carb, not a slide. And I cant mount it like the origional t maxx cuz the high speed needle digs in the spur and is to hidden for tuning. So I was thinking I have an extra carb from a trx 3.3 and its a tight fit. If I get it tuned properly does anyone think it wont do any harm? P.S. I have a carb that is a slide from another Sirio, but its torn up pretty bad from the previous owner. Any Opinions?
Old 01-08-2009, 10:08 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Carb Setup

Well, first I would try and see if u can get the carb thats torn up a bit to fit at all because it sounds like that might be ur best bet from the sounds of things; however; it for some reason u cant get that to work, then I would say go ahead and give the 3.3 carb a shot and see if u cant get it to fit somehow; as for being able to tune with the 3.3 carb on a sirio engine; not too sure if u would encounter any problems tuning wise; but if ya do, its quite possible u may have to get a new carb(or a used on) off good ole ebay if u cant get anything else to work....eiither way good luck with it..