Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

cleaning the 3.3 engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 07:34 PM
obstic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cleaning the 3.3 engine

Hi there, I'm ripping apart my truck to clean it and I noticed that my engine is very dirty. There also appears to be some unburned fuel inside the engine. Whats the best way to clean the outside of the engine and flush the inside?

Thanks
Old 02-09-2009, 08:13 PM
superman11
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: cleaning the 3.3 engine

Use denatured alcohol, and some Q-Tips and wipe out the inside really well, then when you are done, get some after run oil and relube the engine
Old 02-09-2009, 08:27 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: superman11

Use denatured alcohol, and some Q-Tips and wipe out the inside really well, then when you are done, get some after run oil and relube the engine
+1!!!; make sure to re-lube the connecting rod and "pin" areas as well because that and the piston seem to get the most "abuse" when running.....
Old 02-09-2009, 11:10 PM
C.rusak

Go to your nearsest auto parts store and get compressed carberator cleaner. It works great. It blows all the dirt out and then it evaporates leaving not liquids behind. Its usually a good idea to take off the motor and plug the openings, but believe me its worth the effort.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:13 PM
GreenRacer
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: C.rusak

Go to your nearsest auto parts store and get compressed carberator cleaner. It works great. It blows all the dirt out and then it evaporates leaving not liquids behind. Its usually a good idea to take off the motor and plug the openings, but believe me its worth the effort.
Berrymans b12 chemtool! I've done this for years and years. That and my good ole compressor!