Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

big joe tire problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 03:38 PM
gardnesd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default big joe tire problem

Hey relatively new to rc cars. my left side tires seem to inflate and are "rounder" than the right side after running for a few minutes. any ideas? also, it seems like i break something on my tmaxx 3.3 everytime i run. today spur gear, time before steering servo, time before that slipper pad came out...is this normal. this mother breaks more than my gm car.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Mr.SelfDestruct

Default RE: big joe tire problem

When you first get a RC car or truck, always make sure all the nuts and bolts are tight. Sometimes they come loose during shipping to stores or your home. When I got my 3.3 the engine mount screws were loose. Get some thread lock on them because they will come loose causing your engine to shift while running and that can tear up a spur gear or worse.

It's not uncommon for beginners to break something all the time because they're still learning to control the truck. If you're always landing upside down, on 1 tire, or just uneven, you're bound to break something. Also, running into things at high speeds seems to be bad for rc trucks... :P

It sounds to me like your really putting a hurting on the truck if you've already gone through a servo and spur; about the clutch pads, they can become loose because they heat up and start to unglue (or however they are originally mounted). I got 2 pads that are only connected because my clutch is tight enough to keep them in there lol.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:37 PM
cat samich

my big joe 40 series on the e-maxx do the same thing. i took the foam out and cut it down a bit. made it thinner top to bottom rather than narrower side to side. problem solved.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:25 PM
gardnesd

don't have that kind of time. was hoping maybe the seal was broken or something..btw it only happens on one side, perhaps the foam is bunched?? panties in a wad sort of thing?
ORIGINAL: cat samich

my big joe 40 series on the e-maxx do the same thing. i took the foam out and cut it down a bit. made it thinner top to bottom rather than narrower side to side. problem solved.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Straick

The breaking is normal when you first start. I broke more parts on my Revo when I first started running it because it was my first nitro truck and monster truck. One thing I did learn fast, don't try turning fast when at speed. As far as the jumping goes, try to land level side to side, with the rear tires hitting right before the front or at the same time. Those 2 things are what broke most of my parts when I started. Good luck and keep at it.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:58 PM
cat samich

ORIGINAL: gardnesd

don't have that kind of time. was hoping maybe the seal was broken or something..btw it only happens on one side, perhaps the foam is bunched?? panties in a wad sort of thing?
ORIGINAL: cat samich

take the foam out all together then and see how it runs, should only take a second
Old 02-17-2009, 01:31 AM
quadracer111
My Feedback: (1)

Once your truck breaks a certain number of times and you replace them all a certain number of times you wont break anymore parts!

Im not joking! Its true, but you still will break something from crashing, the truck just wont blow its self up anymore!
Old 02-17-2009, 01:41 AM
spoonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow no time to check the screws etc? You will need to maintain nitro's, you can't just run them constantly and not clean em up! You will loose screws, strip gears, burn out pads and shoes. You gotta have time to go over the truck after runs. Its all about time.

When I got my first nitro (cen nemesis) the only thing I broke was 3 wheel axles as they were so cheaply made. I have more nitro's now and the only thing I have broken since is one savag fuel tank when I landed on it from a big jump. And I have been doing 6ft jumps, crashed head on into a jato at like 30mph..But still nothing broken since. Just luck I guess.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:58 AM
gardnesd

I take good care an cleanup. I was specifically responding to taking out the tire foam and trimming it all around. i have no desire to do that because i'm not confident i can to it right...and if not done right it is a colossal waste of time and money to replace. THanks for the fly by though.
ORIGINAL: spoonrc

Wow no time to check the screws etc? You will need to maintain nitro's, you can't just run them constantly and not clean em up! You will loose screws, strip gears, burn out pads and shoes. You gotta have time to go over the truck after runs. Its all about time.

When I got my first nitro (cen nemesis) the only thing I broke was 3 wheel axles as they were so cheaply made. I have more nitro's now and the only thing I have broken since is one savag fuel tank when I landed on it from a big jump. And I have been doing 6ft jumps, crashed head on into a jato at like 30mph..But still nothing broken since. Just luck I guess.