Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo Chassis Tweak, Need Help

Old 04-23-2009, 01:59 PM
jikkuria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo Chassis Tweak, Need Help

ok, so i got my revo a few moths ago from my buddy. i helped him set it up, know how he ran it, and it worked great. i put a 427 in it, still worked great. got bored on some weekend and decided to de-annodize my chassis. now im putting it back togeather, and the gear mesh is too tight. cant move the mount an more, afraid i tweaked it. any advice?
Old 04-23-2009, 02:53 PM
keithinspace

Default RE: Revo Chassis Tweak, Need Help

I noticed that the engine mount area on my chassis (also recently de-anodized and polished) was tweaked pretty hard. It actually cracked in one area, which I had re-welded. I had irregular wear in my spur gear (one side wearing more than the other).

Just compare the engine mount area to the angles of the rest of the main chassis. The frame is fairly symmetrical.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:55 PM
jikkuria

Default RE: Revo Chassis Tweak, Need Help

ok, i'll check that out. i forgot i had posted, i was poeting an old thunder tiger motor i cant identify lol.