Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

1/2 throttle load up

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 07:29 PM
trink2030

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/2 throttle load up

Just got my revo 3.3, love it. have about 8 tanks through it and I feel like the low and high are adjusted well. But I have a problem at about 1/2 throttle, if I run the truck at half throttle for 5 or more seconds it starts to bog down, I then give it a blip of full and a puff of blue smoke comes out and goes back to running fine again. I've searched and found that it may be lean, but that doesn't sound right....could someone clarify?

Oh, I called traxxas because I the truck wouldn't move unless I was at half throttle or more. The guy at traxxas said it was fine to run the 3.3 at 1/2 or more the first tank because sometimes they just won't move. When I went to adjust the low speed on tank 6 I noticed that it was 3.5 out instead of the 1.5-1.75, it was flush with the outside part of the metal, not the inside where it should have been. After I got that back right it ran and idled great....oh well.

Thanks,
Old 05-16-2009, 09:03 PM
revo_sbs
My Feedback: (23)

Default RE: 1/2 throttle load up

I seem to have this problem with my Revo near the end of my tanks.  It seems like when I get to just around a quarter of a tank left it seems to bog a little.  I usually solve this by backing off the trottle just a hair.  Then again I am running an os .21tm.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:55 AM
StemTMAXX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lean out your HSN just a little bit, maybe even back your LSN some too, my 3.3 T-Maxx does the same thing but I like to run mine rich. have you done a pinch test when you shut the motor off?
Old 05-17-2009, 10:05 PM
trink2030

pinch test was good, 2-3 seconds then rev up and cut off....I'll try to lean that hsn a little
Old 05-18-2009, 12:23 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

These little motors just really arent made to run 1/2 throttle. They do it fine, but they will sort of load up. Most of my engines do that if i run them 1/2 throttle or so. They will run fine, but then it takes a good full throttle run to clean them out. It could need to be leaned some, but I think its just the nature of the beast.

Eric

Old 05-18-2009, 12:10 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: trink2030

Just got my revo 3.3, love it. have about 8 tanks through it and I feel like the low and high are adjusted well. But I have a problem at about 1/2 throttle, if I run the truck at half throttle for 5 or more seconds it starts to bog down, I then give it a blip of full and a puff of blue smoke comes out and goes back to running fine again. I've searched and found that it may be lean, but that doesn't sound right....could someone clarify? Oh, I called traxxas because I the truck wouldn't move unless I was at half throttle or more. The guy at traxxas said it was fine to run the 3.3 at 1/2 or more the first tank because sometimes they just won't move. When I went to adjust the low speed on tank 6 I noticed that it was 3.5 out instead of the 1.5-1.75, it was flush with the outside part of the metal, not the inside where it should have been. After I got that back right it ran and idled great....oh well. Thanks,
Well, like some of the others have mentioned; it soudns like the carb just needs to be "cleaned out" of fuel by doing what u already have; and giving it full throttle. Believe or not my revo 3.3 with stock 3.3 engine will do the same thing u are describing sometimes at 1/2 throttle as well; even when I know both needles are set properly. So I think it is just pretty much the "nature" of these engines to do that from time to time; even if some do it more ofthen than others. Although indeed u could try leaning out the hsn just a very slight hair or 2 to see if that helps at all. Either way good luck with it man.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Mclovin350z

They do that because the have 2 needles. Three needle carbs don't do it quite as bad.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:06 AM
trink2030

This is one of my very old threads from my troublesome 3.3 days, thanks for dragging up a bad memory for me Clove, and for checking out my post history. That was at the end of the line for me, I threw in the towell and let my revo sit for over a year as I got tired of trying to tune that sucker.

I tried to sell it on Craigslist last month for 250 bucks, which I thought was fair, but everyone wanted it for 100 bucks and I wasn't selling it for that.

So, I decided to get a new OS21tm instead(which has a 3 needle carb I believe), hoping for a better time. We'll see what happens. There's my story. Giving the hobby a second chance, while trying to not go electric.