Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

What did you do to your T-maxx/Revo today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 11:33 PM
DS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What did you do to your T-maxx/Revo today?

Saw this on the SAVAGEforum lol,thought it would be pretty cool to have our own for T-MAXX &REVO's ONLY! So lets hear/see what you guys did today!! But lets keep the thread on topic, With NOREVOVS. T-MAXX S%$#!!

T-MAXX
Anyways Iput my t-maxx together after trying to fix my tranny (or at least Ithought), but t it took a couple trys lol..Forgot the washer for the pullstat, and when I put it all backtogether the pullstart didnt recoil back So Ihad to dissasemble it and reassemble it all overThen I took it for a spin but the tranny blew (all that for nothing).So now Im going to try to get a 3.3 one off e-bay! Expensive though

Old 08-31-2009, 12:43 AM
Dannn

Default RE: What did you do to your T-maxx/Revo today?

Tmaxx
Rebuilt the entire truck with a 7 tank old 2.5r. Got it running and began tuning, seem to have an air leak. Sealing the motor tomorrow. I also have an issue where the throttle post flips too far and gets stuck.

Revo 2.5R (Had a 3.3 in it when i got it)
Finished burning the motor up... (got hot a few days ago after i got it.)
Stripped out the clutch bell somehow.
Installing the brand new OS .18 TZ right now. Shaved the crank down and used a stock tmaxx clutch bell for it.
Found an air leak in the brand new TZ and sealed the carb up.
Found a big block mount for it, but the brand new Axial .32 i have won't fit in the truck. Gonna put it in the tmaxx i think.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:53 AM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

I just picked up a screaming deal on a complete savage 25 and a t maxx 3.3 sans tranny, so I'm sticking the radio gear out of the maxx into the savage and all the drive shafts and hubs off of the maxx onto my old trusty pro .15 maxx (that isn't stock at all, chassis, servo mounts, radio box, and battery box are about all that's left original), also put it's fuel tank on my maxx since the one I was running still had the primer button (which didn't work, and made the exhaust leak so I couldn't prime it by plugging the exhaust)

by the time I get the savage going I'll have about $40 in that, and I'll have about $20 into the upgrade to 3.3 driveshafts and hubs from 2.5 shafts. the savage .25 seems to run fine, didn't have it running with the radio so I don't know how strong though, the 3.3 on the maxx doesn't seem to have much of a pinch left, but I haven't turned it over with a glow plug in it yet...
Old 08-31-2009, 04:17 AM
Dougrevo

Boughtmy Revo some SPIracing rims.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:49 AM
megamaxx

ran it,jumped it,flipped it,rolled it.............beat the crap out of it.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:07 PM
DS

im stripping the truck today
Old 08-31-2009, 04:19 PM
MGT

Revo 3.3 (bought in 2006 i think so i think its the 5309??)

Anyway I cleaned out the airfilter, charged the receiver battery, added a little more camber up front, and thats it I think.

I just installed a Tz motor and I have 6 tanks through it. I'm going to run my last tank of break-in, switch fuel, let it idle one more tank. Then tune it for running with the new fuel and glow plug. This motor rocks so far, it's so responsive compared to any nitro motor I've had..this is #11 I think so I have a few under my belt from my nitro savage ect..
Old 08-31-2009, 04:40 PM
MaD_MaxX

Yup yup, that TZ engine is really nice. I'm on my 1/2 gallon at the moment and it's going stronger every day. Didn't do much today. Some bashing till my tank broke. Didn't even realize it until i saw my truck covered in fuel . My 15% nitro fuel is almost gone too and I'll go to 25% on my next bottle. Guessing the TZ will run even better
Old 08-31-2009, 06:53 PM
absolutemayhem

on 30% the tz is insane....dont make the mistake i did, i chose not to add a shim..and i started to get detenation with a p6 plug....the glow plug element fell im the motor and made a mess of it.

so unless you add a shim stick with 20% if you run 25% use a p6 plug....p3 plug is to hot, uless your running is cold weather.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:37 PM
Dannn

i'm on tank 3 with my TZ. I had to change out the EZ start because the one way blew out and ate up the motor. It runs right around 205 degrees for breakin... I'm finishing the next 3 tanks tomorrow morning.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:00 PM
MPevine11

made up a new T-maxx body, put a mip clutch in, and wished i could fix the tranny problem......
Old 08-31-2009, 11:28 PM
MGT

Well I broke a rear rocker. Ripped it right off the bearings/rocker post..

So for the Tz and 30%, add a shim (.09mm thick or the .18mm thick shim? They both come in the shim kit) Why switch from a P3 to a P6?
Old 08-31-2009, 11:52 PM
MGT

Also before I broke the rear rocker (P2) Some how one of my rear aluminum shock ends twisted off, even after blue threadlock. And after I fixed that I came down hard on the front and popped out a pivot ball. That took about 2 min. to fix. After 2 more tanks I broke the rocker.

I have a total of 13 tanks through my Tz so break-in is over. I'm planing on adding a shim switching to a P5 plug and some P3 rockers. I'm also going to seal the engine tomorrow so I'm 100% sure there arent any air leaks. So far I love this engine, it just seems under geared with my smaller/lighter tires and 15/38. When I get these parts in im going to test out 15/36 and see if the added gear helps. Hopefully I'll get a video after it's fixed.

What are some other parts you guys added to your revo that you wish you did sooner? I want to try and improve the truck further but im out of ideas??
Old 09-01-2009, 12:46 AM
DS

ORIGINAL: MPevine11

made up a new T-maxx body, put a mip clutch in, and wished i could fix the tranny problem......
Didnt get to strip it today! But what kind of tranny problems u having? im having ones to but im just buying a 3.3 tranny
Old 09-01-2009, 12:57 AM
ChrisB17

Decided to convert mine to brushless.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:42 AM
MaD_MaxX

ORIGINAL: absolutemayhem

on 30% the tz is insane....dont make the mistake i did, i chose not to add a shim..and i started to get detenation with a p6 plug....the glow plug element fell im the motor and made a mess of it.

so unless you add a shim stick with 20% if you run 25% use a p6 plug....p3 plug is to hot, uless your running is cold weather.
Ok, cheers for the info mate. Good to know that kind of stuff. I'm running on pretty warm weather so I'll get some p6 plugs and add a shim to be sure
Old 09-01-2009, 05:29 AM
MGT

According to towerhobbies the p6 is disco'ed...looks like the p5 is the next best thing. It said for use of high rpm, off road, and high nitro %...
Old 09-01-2009, 05:40 PM
DS

finally got around to taking the trx 2.5 engine and tranny out today!! Pm ime they are for sale!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Dannn

on the 8th tank with the tz. i started tuning at the 7th and i forgot to put the roll bar on. it wheelied into 2nd gear and now part of the head is silver instead of blue... oh well. anyways, i've never had a MT wheelie like this one does. its the easiest motor to tune too. i hit a lean condition, richened it up about an 1/8th of a turn and it runs amazing.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:30 PM
DS

NICE!!
Old 09-02-2009, 04:39 AM
FreakBoy

Nothing yet but soon i will install the Picco .26 engine huurayy
Old 09-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Dannn

Stripped out 2 clutch bells... i thought tmaxx had the same pitch, i guess not.

Who makes the best clutch bell for the OS .18tz on a revo? i have a 38t metal spur gear.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:42 AM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

started my 3.3 drivetrain conversion, forgot about the lower suspension arms being different, lucked out and already had one of the new style arms, one of the fronts is a pain to change due to my custom front skid, so I'll have to dremel it... will just swap the rears... man what a difference between the old pro .15 shafts that were on the front before...
Old 09-03-2009, 06:47 AM
MonsterKawi314
My Feedback: (1)

Brand spankin new Axial beadlocks wrapped in Pro-line Road Rages. Set me back a little bit but it sure looks nice and I like not having to glue tires!

Old 09-03-2009, 02:11 PM
DS

Nice ride! Are beadlocks worth buying?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.