Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Killed rear diff on my maxx?

Old 10-26-2009, 05:55 PM
madmax22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Killed rear diff on my maxx?

hey guys, I was driving my maxx around today and then there was only front wheel drive... I took the rear diff out and the 4 screws look like that sheared off and killed my diff case, will that cause this to happen? The gear look fine but I'm pretty sure its the dif case, any one know where I can get a case and those 4 screws?

Old 10-26-2009, 07:22 PM
WildT

Default RE: Killed rear diff on my maxx?

May be easier to just buy a complete diff off ebay. People pull them out of new trucks and sell them. I just got one for the Revo for 15 bucks or so.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:03 PM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

if you broke one stock one, you'll break another.

I would suggest getting an aluminum diff cup with ring gear that has 3mm screws instead of the stock 2mm, Kimborough used to make one that was fairly cheap (like $20 for the cup and $10 for the ring gear) but that apparently isn't around anymore... I did a quick googlel search and found other options for around $45...
Old 10-27-2009, 03:43 PM
madmax22

I'm actually getting another stock one... this one last thru a 2.5, 2.5R and 1/2 a 3.3. they are around $15 or so.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:23 PM
DeNNii

I just few days ago had a similar case.
Out of nowhere rear tyres lost power.
After spending 2 hours disasembling everything i found out that a cross bolt snaped and it was not transfering the power from the transmission to the rear tyres.
What engine are you running? and where do you use it mainly "terrain?"
I use mine on low grass or gravel mainly.
Not many areas close by that have rugged/dirt terrain.

Originaly i thought my rear diff blew.
Check everythinhg and as the others said. if you already broke some it will happen again. But if it lasted you a while and i guess it did judging by the way it looks its prob just best to get a ne one.
They not that expensive anyways.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Snook Man

The EMaxx diff is more durable than a stock TMaxx diff and will bolt right in with a few mods and just as cheap on ebay.
If your running stock slider center shafts all thats needed is to grind the nub off the end of the yoke to slip on the slightly shorter input pinion shaft.
If your running center CVD's or dog bone and cups you can swap the input pinion from the old diff to the emaxx diff and all is well.
If your diff collar is the old off center pin type, it can be ground down to fit or use the newer center pin diff collars.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:03 PM
revoguy83
My Feedback: (7)

you get a diff yet? if not i should have a couple extra ones. i would share the wealth
Old 11-04-2009, 08:09 PM
fabrimacator21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rangerfredbob

if you broke one stock one, you'll break another.

I would suggest getting an aluminum diff cup with ring gear that has 3mm screws instead of the stock 2mm, Kimborough used to make one that was fairly cheap (like $20 for the cup and $10 for the ring gear) but that apparently isn't around anymore... I did a quick googlel search and found other options for around $45...

Yup.... aluminum diff cup and 3mm screws should do the trick. Here is what you need.... http://www.fastlanemachine.net/prodd...lm51000&cat=23 32 bucks for a modified ring gear and diff cup both modified to take 3mm screws.

I run this setup in my .28 picco powered maxx and have yet to have a problem.