Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

RPM's return policy

Old 02-10-2010, 03:43 PM
xxxtsuperstud18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RPM's return policy

Just to let you guys know, rpm's return policy is not what it seems. i sent in a broken tru-track arm and a broken axel carrier. they are replacing the tru track arm but not the axel carrier. they sent me an e-mail saying that i'm pretty much a liar and that there is no way that it broke in the way that i said. They also said that if i wanted a new axel carrier then i'd have to pay for a new one at cost and also pay for the shipping. Total bull if you ask me.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:16 PM
MPevine11

Default RE: RPM's return policy

call them and get someone on the phone..... always helps
Old 02-10-2010, 08:52 PM
r/c 4 life

what happend to them
Old 02-10-2010, 10:00 PM
mycarisaser

I had my rpm bumper break hitting my kitchen trash can at about 5mph. They did replace it though as it was bran new. I just got it back in the mail yesterday. Sorry to hear about yor mis fortune.

I have broke 3 rpm arms and 2 lundford ti turnbulkes on a lst2 but never had them replaced b/c I was running 60mph when they broke and I abused the heck out of them before they gave. The bumper was upsetting though(it hit a plastic trash can at 5mpg tops for crying out loud) So I did send it in
Old 02-12-2010, 01:30 PM
xxxtsuperstud18

i got them on the phone and they more or less called me a liar. i wont ever buy their parts ever again. i thought they had good customer service but from my experiance they have THE WORST. how can you sit there and call one of your customers a liar??? Thats bad for business, especially in this economy. Do they expect for me not to tell people about this or what. The part that they wont replace is their new style axel carrier. In between the 2 bearings is a SMALL piece of plastic that keeps the 2 bearings seperate. Well that broke and they wont replace.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:42 PM
etc1006

I broke my bumper on my 'Pede. I had a set of front axle/bearing carriers that had one of the screw holes on one split. They replaced the bumper but put a letter in it saying the scratch/gouge in it caused the bumper to break... HUH? it does mount to the front skidplate area! Duh, they said they won't replace another for me. And they wouldn't replace the carrier. But forgot to put it back in the envelope. So I emailed them and they actually sent MY messed up one back. They must keep a file with your name, etc. on it for a certain amount of time with your broken parts in it...
Old 02-13-2010, 02:10 AM
xxxtsuperstud18

yea i wont deal with them anymore. thats gotta be some of the worst customer service ever. now i know that its just me thats had bad service with them, but hey, call me a liar and your not getting my money. and thats the truth.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:40 PM
The Mad Modder

I've yet to hear how you broke this part. Companies have to inspect the part to see whose error it was. I know a lot of people whose severely abuse their RCs. Keeping all of those people stocked with free parts would drive a company bankrupt if they handed them out like candy. Personally, I've had very good experiences with RPM parts. They've survived some major crashes, so it makes me a bit skeptical when someone walks up and says that they suck.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:23 PM
mycarisaser

I have had good luck in the past with rpm parts, they ahev taken serious abuse. Now I have bought 2 maxx bumpers and broke both of them in very light hits. 3 to 5mph tops.I have not hit anything that was solid(like a tree or anyting like that) Now I did email them anout one of them and they replaced it. I still have another one here that is broken in the same spot but havent emailed tham about it. I didnt have any issues with there service at all just surprised that they broke so easily(both were only a day old when they broke ) Over all I am happy and hope the new bumper that they sent me holds up like all the other parts I have bought of there did.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:49 PM
xxxtsuperstud18

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder

I've yet to hear how you broke this part. Companies have to inspect the part to see whose error it was. I know a lot of people whose severely abuse their RCs. Keeping all of those people stocked with free parts would drive a company bankrupt if they handed them out like candy. Personally, I've had very good experiences with RPM parts. They've survived some major crashes, so it makes me a bit skeptical when someone walks up and says that they suck.
jumped just your average driveway curb and landed a lil bit sideways on the front right wheel and the lil plastic part between bearings completely broke.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Wo81

Giving up on Rpm pretty much limits you to stock or aluminum parts. Doesn't sound like a good resolve to me. You must have hit harder than you think or have been beatin' the crap out of your rig. This is the only problem I've ever read regarding Rpm parts. Maybe you received the only bad carrier that they've made too. Could have come off of the line messed up...
Old 02-13-2010, 11:25 PM
KRO

They still should have replaced the part no matter how it broke , whats the use of offering a warrantee if youre not going honor it ? Its not like you smashed it with a hammer or anything , it broke while you were using it on the truck .....
Old 02-13-2010, 11:50 PM
xxxtsuperstud18

ORIGINAL: Wo81

Giving up on Rpm pretty much limits you to stock or aluminum parts. Doesn't sound like a good resolve to me. You must have hit harder than you think or have been beatin' the crap out of your rig. This is the only problem I've ever read regarding Rpm parts. Maybe you received the only bad carrier that they've made too. Could have come off of the line messed up...
it was a brand new carrier and i dont drive my rigs hard.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:24 PM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: KRO

They still should have replaced the part no matter how it broke , whats the use of offering a warrantee if youre not going honor it ? Its not like you smashed it with a hammer or anything , it broke while you were using it on the truck .....
How does the manufacturer know that? There is always the possibility of installation error. Warranties were meant to replace parts due to manufacture defect, not driver error.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Montana Mike
My Feedback: (1)

I have quit a few RPM parts due to there warranty. The only things I have ever broke were the front bumpers and they replaced them with out a question one. I did find out that when you break a piece, you need to write a letter to them describing how you broke it. It also states on their site what all the warranty covers. Modifying or extreme conditions are not covered, but normal use is covered with out problems. I am in no way implying that peeps here are abusing or modifying their pieces. I am just stating what their site says in regards to the warranty. I personally will run whatever RPM i can in areas I feel it is beneficial. IF I am out there bashing and going to the extreme, then I know my part will not be covered, but under normal use I know I am in like Flynn. To me the couple extra dollars for an RPM piece is well worth it over the stock. RPM has been around for years and after examining the piece they can kind of get an idea as to what happened to the piece and then they decide if it is covered under warranty. In my opinion RPM is a very smart choice over stock and aluminum, well over aluminum in certain areas.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:21 PM
Jgaff2

Yea, rpm is probably reliable. I ordered their skid plate covers and they looked pretty good. They should be here in a few days...
Old 02-17-2010, 11:35 PM
snoking16

RPM is one of the best RC companies out there. They have replaced every single one of my parts. My revo got hit by a car one time and i broke a ton of stuff. I sent it back and they replaced the parts that i sent them. No questions asked. You just must have got someone who was having a bad day. No one is perfect and when you think about how many parts they have sold to the number of problems they have had i would be willing to bet there % of happy customers is around 99%. Things happen and with any other company you probably would have been laughed at if you tried to return broken parts asking for new ones for free. and i seriously doubt they said "your a liar."
Old 02-18-2010, 12:33 AM
xxxtsuperstud18

here's my next question, I got my RPM package in the mail the other day and guess what, no axel carrier, just the tru track. where's my broken one??? I paid for that axle carrier and they just kept it. I know that its broke but since they arent going to replace it, i think they should still send it back anyways. I could have tried to fix it. they are deffinatly getting a phone call from me.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:19 AM
snoking16

hmm...im sure they melt the broken parts back down to make new RPM parts.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:24 AM
CR500rider

what does "extreme driving" mean when it comes to rc cars? are we supposed to drive these things as if they are a 1:1 vehicle and anything over and above that is not covered by warranty? So pretty much what RPM is saying is that they build parts that are soo tough that if they do in fact break it means the consumer was misusing the product which voids the waranty? thats kinda BS. Isnt that part of the point in having rc cars, so we can drive them, jump them, bash them, etc without causing bodily harm and/or damaging a $30k vehicle? And if a company warants thier aftermarket parts from breaking they should in fact honor that warranty IMO. Anything short of running them over, dropping them off a building, or lighting them on fire should be honored when it comes to RPM parts. Is there an R/C car rule book that states what is and is not extreme conditions? And as for them sending broken pieces back.......dont you think after they paid the person to inspect the part, write the email, and put the broken part in an envelope, pay for shipping, that it would have just been cheaper to just honor the warranty? I mean an RPM axel carrier probably cost them 25 cents to make, and they probably just spent 10 bucks fighting the claim.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:34 PM
KRO

ORIGINAL: CR500rider

what does ''extreme driving'' mean when it comes to rc cars? are we supposed to drive these things as if they are a 1:1 vehicle and anything over and above that is not covered by warranty? So pretty much what RPM is saying is that they build parts that are soo tough that if they do in fact break it means the consumer was misusing the product which voids the waranty? thats kinda BS. Isnt that part of the point in having rc cars, so we can drive them, jump them, bash them, etc without causing bodily harm and/or damaging a $30k vehicle? And if a company warants thier aftermarket parts from breaking they should in fact honor that warranty IMO. Anything short of running them over, dropping them off a building, or lighting them on fire should be honored when it comes to RPM parts. Is there an R/C car rule book that states what is and is not extreme conditions? And as for them sending broken pieces back.......dont you think after they paid the person to inspect the part, write the email, and put the broken part in an envelope, pay for shipping, that it would have just been cheaper to just honor the warranty? I mean an RPM axel carrier probably cost them 25 cents to make, and they probably just spent 10 bucks fighting the claim.

EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 01:42 PM
xxxtsuperstud18

ORIGINAL: CR500rider

what does ''extreme driving'' mean when it comes to rc cars? are we supposed to drive these things as if they are a 1:1 vehicle and anything over and above that is not covered by warranty? So pretty much what RPM is saying is that they build parts that are soo tough that if they do in fact break it means the consumer was misusing the product which voids the waranty? thats kinda BS. Isnt that part of the point in having rc cars, so we can drive them, jump them, bash them, etc without causing bodily harm and/or damaging a $30k vehicle? And if a company warants thier aftermarket parts from breaking they should in fact honor that warranty IMO. Anything short of running them over, dropping them off a building, or lighting them on fire should be honored when it comes to RPM parts. Is there an R/C car rule book that states what is and is not extreme conditions? And as for them sending broken pieces back.......dont you think after they paid the person to inspect the part, write the email, and put the broken part in an envelope, pay for shipping, that it would have just been cheaper to just honor the warranty? I mean an RPM axel carrier probably cost them 25 cents to make, and they probably just spent 10 bucks fighting the claim.

You would think so, but thats not the case with them. I still think that they should have sent out my broken piece back to me since they didnt honor their warranty. Whats the point of having the best warranty in the business if your not going to honor it. What you said rider makes so much sense. I mean, who is just going to drive there tmaxx's up and down the street and not want to jump it or anything like that. These trucks are built for fun, not for boredom.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Montana Mike

By extreme I was reffering to serious hardcore bashing and running vehicles outside of there spectrum. Like putting a Mamba Maxx into a Rustler and taking off and accidentely running into a solid object. Copied and pasted straight off there site.
"If you manage to break an RPM molded product under normal operating conditions(1), we will replace that part at no further cost to you(2). Normal operating conditions covers most types of driving conditions that an unmodified, stock R/C vehicle would normally encounter, including most normal bumps, jumps, and road hazards. RPM will not warranty a broken or damaged part if it has been modified in any way (or if the part breaks due to modifications elsewhere on the vehicle that directly affects the RPM part in question). This includes, but is not limited to, drilling, grinding, filing, etc., nor will we warranty any part that has been worn out through extended use and / or abuse. In addition, it is nearly impossible to crush an RPM part under normal operating conditions, therefore crush damage of any sort will not be covered. Please use common sense to determine if the breakage was caused by a materials or workmanship issue. We take great pride in the engineering and craftsmanship that goes into each and every RPM part. Therefore, we take our customer service related issues just as seriously and we will do everything possible to resolve legitimate warranty related claims. RPM reserves the right to final judgment regarding all warranty issues. Every RPM part sent in for warranty review will be reviewed by a member of the RPM staff to determine whether or not the guidelines of the RPM warranty policy apply."
I do not feel they can warranty a part if it is put into a hopped up modded out RC rig that goes balls to the walls. I have never had a problem with them and I am bummed that others have had issues. Till the day I encounter problems I will recommend them to any and every one I know looking for good replacement pieces.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:33 PM
snoking16

Some of you guys dont understand that every warranty, even 1:1 scale cars, have clauses stating that they will only honor the warranty if its a manufacture defect. It voids the warranty as soon as you put their product in a truck or car that has been hopped up. So if you have made your RC truck better then stock and you have sent RPM parts in and received new ones, you have in fact, screwed them over on a very minimal level. So thats why they actually look at the broken parts and if they feel that the part broke under "non-stock" "extreme usage" they will not honor the warranty.

Not many RC companies have such a great warranty program. Just because the wont send you a new part doesnt give you the right to get on a forum and bash the crap out of there company...

answer me this...

Is your car hopped up at all?

if so,

It voids the RPM warranty.

BTW...that was a good find montana mike. I was just adding to what you already stated. hope you dont mind.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Montana Mike

Amen to that man, and no I don't mind to you adding at all. I do believe that under normal circumstances the RPM parts will last a long time and if run in normal circumstances it does break then yes that does qualify for free replacement. And like I mentioned under extreme conditions or extreme driving, ever part is bound to fail. So why would a company warranty there parts if they know for a fact they will fail eventually. Personally I have a few hopped up rigs that have RPM parts on them. But when and if I do break an RPM piece, I use my better judgement to decide if I was pushing that rig a lil more than I should have. And if I was, then I do not try to get a freebie for my lack of being power hungry.... LOL. It is my own personal opinions I have stated and in no way tryin to tell any one how to handle their own affairs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.