Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

New Revo owner.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:12 PM
pd3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Revo owner.

Just saying hello, new to the forum. Anyway I have been into RC cars for about 20 years and have only had electric. Well, I just picked up a new Revo 3.3 (5309) last week, did the break in and I must say nothing like the sound and smell of Nitro!
I am looking forward to gaining a bunch of know how here seems like a good bunch! oh don't know why I waited so long to get a Nitro vehicle, I think I have the bug again.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:04 PM
futureboy1969

Default RE: New Revo owner.

Welcome to the Dark side...lol The revo is the bomb!! I started back with rc's(nitro)5yrs ago and still have the bug. day in and day out.
this site is great for tips and anything rc. Great forums
Old 06-22-2010, 07:35 PM
pd3

Yeah thanks! When I say I have the bug again I all ready have a whole laundry list of parts I'm ready to order. Nitro puts a whole new spin on this for me. I think I made I wise choice when I picked the Revo but only time will tell?
Oh and here is a pic of said truck, nothing but OEM but still sweet in my eyes!

Old 06-22-2010, 08:19 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

Nice Revo. Man I wish my job's pay wasnt so Garbage I would love to get a Revo pay just doesnt cut it I guess im stick with my tmaxx 2.5 for awhile
Old 06-22-2010, 09:06 PM
pd3

Yeah that sux about the money, yet from what I have read that truck ur running is pretty sweet! The funny thing is messing with this thing is just a smaller scale on what I do with my real truck. These pics are from a run last month in Utah. Now that I think about it would have been cool if I would of had the Revo to run, lots of open space to shred!

Old 06-22-2010, 10:57 PM
gettnbetter

Nitro rules! The sound turns heads every time... Good to hear you had a good time with it. Even stock it's a killer car.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:00 PM
jatoracing33

Welcome bro! I started running my nitros again after 3 years of nothing. The smell of burning nitro is addicting! Just don't crash too soon, like me
Old 06-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Jurgen1

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the site . I would get a wing for it first it will protect the cooling head the body and its like a wheelie bar / handle etc etc . .
Old 06-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Jgaff2

If I had a job(I'm 13) I would DEFINITELY get one of these. I have an Emaxx now, but nitro doesn't bother me either since I race motocross and tuning and all that air filters and more wouldn't bother me-I think it would be more like a fun challenge...anyway thats an awesome truck man!
Old 06-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Crumbshark

I have far less problems with my dirtbike than my revo....the engine on that thing has been a nightmare...and I've owned it since it was brand new...