Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

erevo is slow?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 03:19 PM
Ellis420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default erevo is slow?

Hi guys, rc newbie and especially electric newbie.

I picked up a used e-revo that was born brushless, with a new evx-2 and new and broken in titan 775. it has centre diff, swaybars, buggy tires and other stuff.

from what i was told, it was stock gearing.

so today i finally got my 2s lipos running, i set the truck up, and its slow. good response but it doesnt take off like others i see on youtube etc. probably only does 20 or 30kmh. reverse kicks in faster than forward, it can kinda tilt the back up in grass going from stop to full reverse, but forward from stop no wheelie, not even close.

im wondering if maybe i need to set the esc? far as i know it should be set already. batteries were all charged to within .1 of 4.20
could it be the centre diff? i doubt it has the stock oil in it.

its got the right speed for a track, minus a straight, i dont understand. i thought it would be as fast or faster than my nitro buggy(vx .18), but the buggy with 1 gear and a broken 2nd gear is faster. i WILL go to the track, but it will be for bashing more so, and a slow vehicle is no good to bash!

it was rebuilt before i bought it by a guy that raced it for a year or so, so im left wondering whats going on. hoping i dont need to start disassembling it, since i dont know how the revo is built yet.

thanks

Old 06-23-2010, 03:22 PM
mmtecg

Default RE: erevo is slow?

The motor Might be worn!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Ellis420

it is a new titan 775, only broken in.

ofcourse this is going off what i was told, but i dont think the guy was dishonest.

edit: the guy i got it from has a long track record of sales, and from what i found nothing bad ever surfaced.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:42 PM
jd31

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its gonna be slow, from my experience the titan is slow, i would reccomend going brushless again
Old 06-23-2010, 04:28 PM
Ellis420

thats kinda over my head at the moment, i should have everything to put it back brushless besides motor, but i rather not if there is a simpler, cheaper soultion.

i dont want 100mph, but at the moment i could probably run faster than it.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:37 PM
ajb1205

Brushed E-Revos top out at around 30 to 35 mph. There really isn't much else you can do other than install a brushless sytem...then watch out! My E-Revo was super slow compared to my Revo 3.3...ended up selling the E because I couldn't, at the time, afford to go brushless.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Jgaff2

Maybe your Evx-2 is programmed on learner's mode or something...which is 50% forward and 50 reverse. Do you have a LVC for those lipo's because I know the Evx2 isn't compatible otherwise, the lipos would just blow it up!
Old 06-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Ellis420

ive got 2 sensors, one on each.

i just ran for maybe 20 mins, i was still at stage 2 of 4 on the sensor.. blue, flashing blue, red, flashing red

ill see if i can program it..

as for it topping out at 30-35, i would estimate its going 20, i can outrun it and people can run like ~25mph/40kmh
Old 06-23-2010, 08:47 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

no offense but the fastest human in the world can only run 23.35mph so im pretty sure a normal human cannot run 25mph. check for Binds anywhere. make sure everything is Free rolling
Old 06-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Shabbernigdo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if i rember right the 775 is made for torque nothigh revs. you may have to gear up quite a bit.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:42 AM
Ellis420

according to google 25mph has been broken by a runner before.. give me a break, im canadian, i dont use mph..

so, i think stock tooth is 19? ill want to try 17? off to search

Old 06-24-2010, 09:03 AM
Jgaff2

try 21, at least that's what I and a lot of other people seem to running on our Emaxx's. That should give it plenty of top speed, but if you are running 19 right now, I would think it would have pretty good torque. But then again like FP said check for binds, see if it can roll when you just push it...
Old 06-24-2010, 02:26 PM
Ellis420

it rolls fine.

how exactly would i figure out top speed on paper? i think stock gear is 19/69, 4s lipo(14.8v), and im pretty sure my crimefighters are the same size as stock tires.

this is whats on the truck:

EVX-2 and titan 775, 2x 2s 5000mah 20c
-Traxxas wheelie bar
-Traxxas center diff
-Traxxas HD servo saver spring
-Tekno sway bar kit
-HPI SF5 Metal gear high torque servo
-Aluminum servo arm
-Proline aluminum single servo arm
-Proline XTR truggy wheels and Proline Crimefighters

oh, and im wondering what you guys would pay for this. came with the stock (talon) tires used, esc and motor new, extra chassis. stock radio, all the brushless parts and suspension parts, shell has a little melt damage but close to none from when the guys brushless had a meltdown otherwise its good, and the servo works great besides the arm screw came out and i had to find a replacment from my buggy. oh, and the truggy tires are mint. and it WAS spotless....

im not sure if i got a good deal or not.

the EVX-2 puts the batteries into series internally, right? thats what the old owner said.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:00 PM
rcslsafut

did i read that it "just had a titan 775 put in it"?
did i read that it goes faster in reverse than forward ?
if so , REPROGRAM your esc, if you dont lknow how to do it ,go to traxxas .com and dowload the manual, it's free.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:52 PM
dug44
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Ellis420

Hi guys, rc newbie and especially electric newbie.

I picked up a used e-revo that was born brushless, with a new evx-2 and new and broken in titan 775. it has centre diff, swaybars, buggy tires and other stuff.

from what i was told, it was stock gearing.

so today i finally got my 2s lipos running, i set the truck up, and its slow. good response but it doesnt take off like others i see on youtube etc. probably only does 20 or 30kmh. reverse kicks in faster than forward, it can kinda tilt the back up in grass going from stop to full reverse, but forward from stop no wheelie, not even close.

im wondering if maybe i need to set the esc? far as i know it should be set already. batteries were all charged to within .1 of 4.20
could it be the centre diff? i doubt it has the stock oil in it.

its got the right speed for a track, minus a straight, i dont understand. i thought it would be as fast or faster than my nitro buggy(vx .18), but the buggy with 1 gear and a broken 2nd gear is faster. i WILL go to the track, but it will be for bashing more so, and a slow vehicle is no good to bash!

it was rebuilt before i bought it by a guy that raced it for a year or so, so im left wondering whats going on. hoping i dont need to start disassembling it, since i dont know how the revo is built yet.

thanks

I hear ya man.... WHOWOULDWANTTHISROACH???????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqPt0KS2CtI

Old 06-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Ellis420

ORIGINAL: rcslsafut

did i read that it "just had a titan 775 put in it"?
did i read that it goes faster in reverse than forward ?
if so , REPROGRAM your esc, if you dont lknow how to do it ,go to traxxas .com and dowload the manual, it's free.
no, it doesnt go faster, maybe slower, but it kicks harder from what i can tell; could just be because of the suspension.

got ahold of the guy, he never ran it like it is now, so i just need a gearing change.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:53 PM
Ellis420

SOOO...

i opened up the truck, there was a 12t pinion and 62t spur, and i picked up a 15t and 18t pinion.

the 15t is faster, probably perfect for a track. the 18t is a bit faster still, but its still not as fast as my buggy. i think it can outrun me now. motor is getting warm now.

now, my issue is my center diff.

when i go to full throttle, the front tires just spin like hell. the rear sit still. truck doesnt come out of turns at very good speed.

that means i need thicker CD oil, correct? the guy i got it from said he put 6k in, while i see most people put in 500k-900k.. is it possible he actually put in 6k? i want to be able to maybe pick the front up, not flip. i DO have a wheelie bar..
Old 06-26-2010, 08:24 PM
dug44
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Ellis420

SOOO...

i opened up the truck, there was a 12t pinion and 62t spur, and i picked up a 15t and 18t pinion.

the 15t is faster, probably perfect for a track. the 18t is a bit faster still, but its still not as fast as my buggy. i think it can outrun me now. motor is getting warm now.

now, my issue is my center diff.

when i go to full throttle, the front tires just spin like hell. the rear sit still. truck doesnt come out of turns at very good speed.

that means i need thicker CD oil, correct? the guy i got it from said he put 6k in, while i see most people put in 500k-900k.. is it possible he actually put in 6k? i want to be able to maybe pick the front up, not flip. i DO have a wheelie bar..
Yeah, 6000 sounds like a lot to someone that knows nothing about rc's... I would just about lock the center if I were you. Throw 500,000 in the center, and the rear. Throw the 150-250,000 in the front. See how that treats you.