Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

any advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 02:06 PM
dunnhole
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any advice

i have a revo 3.3 still new to the hobby for the most part but i'll try anything and i might of screwed myself because of it. i have a rd racing starter box i just got and i am using that to start my revo. i recently tried porting the piston sleeve and did some work to the crank as well. after i did that i was able to start my revo and i was working my way thru re-breaking it in, cause i heard that is a good thing to do when you tear the engine down, and my tiger drive roto start crapped out on me hence the starter box. but now i had it on the starter box this morning and it was turning over but it would not idle as soon as i stopped the starter box the revo would die. i know the work i did will let it run at least because i had it driving but now as soon as i pull it up off the box it won't stay running. i am thinking my carb may need to be replaced because i noticed today when i put the larger fly wheel on that on the highspeed needle the nut under the dial won't tighten all the way down and the fuel inlet spins pretty freely will that cause the truck not to stay running. whether that is the problem or not is there any home remedies or quick fixes to hold me off till i can get a new one. does any one think they know what's goin on or have anything i could try cause i have a long weekend off work for the 4th of july and would love to run the truck.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:09 PM
mmtecg

Default RE: any advice

You might have broken clutch spring. as soon as the wheels touch the ground dous the engine shut off???
Old 07-01-2010, 02:16 PM
dunnhole

no as soon as the flywheel isn't touching the wheel on the starter box it immediatly shuts off the starter box is the only thing keepin it runnin
Old 07-01-2010, 03:17 PM
jd31

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its def. the carb, use some e6000 to hold the needle in place, i used that home remedy for 3 weeks before i decided to but a new carb! the engine will not perform as well as it can but the truck will move
Old 07-01-2010, 03:19 PM
colburn

Good question we have a 3.3 revo that does the same thing.. as soon as the starter is off it stops.. will run as long as we hold the starter on.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:30 PM
dunnhole

ya the carb is what i'm down to cause i charged everything and put a brand new glow plug in so i didn't know what else to do i just didn't want it to be that.  what's the e6000 i was thinkin about some teflon tape or something but i don't know what the e6000 is

Old 07-01-2010, 03:34 PM
jatoracing33

Don't jump to conclusions just yet. Have you tried giving it a little gas as you lift it off the box? It might be as simple as that, and it's worth a shot.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Shi-Maxx

Try puting on a stand and starting it. as u take the starter off gunn the engen. If this works then its probobly the clutch spring.or like jatoracer said it could just be a simple problum.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:56 PM
dunnhole

ya i was given it up to half throttle as a started to take it off everytime it was dying as i lifted it up i did notice while it was on the starter box i was featherin the throttle to warm up the engine and see it would run better and it was reacting like **** at about half throttle to full it was straight bogg there was no power to it i set the factory setting on the carb and it was still the same i don't know if me going to town with the dremmel changed the settings as in i might need to set it richer or leaner for the change in the sleeve and crank.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:32 PM
dunnhole

i was just thinkin when i was putting the slipper pads back on the last time the spring shot off and i put it back on have no idea if it was right or not how is it supposed to go if there is a particular way i have the two pads with the spring i'm pretty sure it's the stock setup.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:03 PM
dug44
My Feedback: (2)

Well it could be stock, I know that integy and GH make the same set-up, but I think their's is aluminum...

http://www.traxxas.com/PDF-Library/TRX33_explode.pdf

part #4146
Old 07-01-2010, 05:51 PM
dunnhole

ya by that diagram they are the stock ones when i put the spring back around them i just wrapped it around them that was it the spring kinda sticks out a little on the sides it doesn't go in the groove all the way around that i assume is cut out for it.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Snook Man

The spring goes around the clutch shoes (not the slipper pads). When installing the sping on the shoes just make sure that the connecting ends of the spring are located on a shoe and not at the gap where the shoes meet.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:05 PM
dunnhole

sweet i'll have to double check that today and ya i ment theshoesi keep screwin up my terminology damn newbie
Old 07-01-2010, 07:54 PM
jord_trx2.5

i know its a bit off topic so sorry but just woundering what is a starter box, how does it work?
Old 07-01-2010, 08:14 PM
jatoracing33

ORIGINAL: jord_trx2.5

i know its a bit off topic so sorry but just woundering what is a starter box, how does it work?
A starter box is simply a box with an electric motor in it. The motor spins a larger wheel, which spins the flywheel on your nitro engine. It cranks the engine and starts it like any other starter would.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:24 AM
DreamingTree1027
My Feedback: (5)

did you check the glow plug?
Old 07-02-2010, 05:08 PM
jord_trx2.5

ahh rite, thanks for the reply jatto ....
Old 07-06-2010, 03:36 PM
dunnhole

ya i checked the glow plug that was one of the first things i did was change that out real quick.  one thing i did find over the weekend is that the gasket from the header to exhaust was broke and fuel was leaking out of there so i need to replace that and i just ordered a new crank and have a spare piston sleeve and head around so i am just gonna suck it up and return it to factory and get someone to port my engine professionally.