Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

integy sucks

Old 08-09-2010, 10:39 AM
nitrostam
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default integy sucks

i bought a roll cage for my nitro stampede and the 3rd roll over on soft dirt it breaks off
do yall know the phone number so i can bi*ch till i get a new one
Old 08-09-2010, 10:50 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: integy sucks

WOW... amazing I did a bing search and it was the first site listed www.integy.com/
Old 08-09-2010, 03:03 PM
outtakontroll

Thats why we call it "intejunk"
Outta
Old 08-09-2010, 03:29 PM
pkennedy08

Yeah, I started in the RC hobby about 6 months ago and learned my lesson quick with there products. I would agree with calling there product "intejunk" !!!!!
Old 08-09-2010, 05:55 PM
dug44
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: pkennedy08

Yeah, I started in the RC hobby about 6 months ago and learned my lesson quick with there products. I would agree with calling there product "intejunk" !!!!!
Im going to have to call shinanigans on this one. I have their product, and LIKEIT. It's normal for some manufacturer to get the title of being the worst. Just happens to be INTEGY in the RC world. Ihave piggy-backs on both the my REVO and JATO... love em. I have Integy bulk-heads on my MAXX... They are great. List goes on and on... Never had a problem.
Just my opinion...

I bet it's installer error in most of these cases. I was reading about all these problems (I think it was in the stadium truck section of this site.) with the piggy-back shocks, so i butted in and asked if any of them let the o-rings sit in shock oil (for the recommended 15 min).... No. I asked if they let the foam inserts sit as well?.... No. So here they are bashing a product, "because it failed"... In the end it was all just installer error.

Post a pic of this defective roll-cage.... If you wouldn't mind.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:18 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: dug44

ORIGINAL: pkennedy08

Yeah, I started in the RC hobby about 6 months ago and learned my lesson quick with there products. I would agree with calling there product ''intejunk'' !!!!!
Im going to have to call shinanigans on this one. I have their product, and LIKE IT. It's normal for some manufacturer to get the title of being the worst. Just happens to be INTEGY in the RC world. I have piggy-backs on both the my REVO and JATO... love em. I have Integy bulk-heads on my MAXX... They are great. List goes on and on... Never had a problem.
Just my opinion...

I bet it's installer error in most of these cases. I was reading about all these problems (I think it was in the stadium truck section of this site.) with the piggy-back shocks, so i butted in and asked if any of them let the o-rings sit in shock oil (for the recommended 15 min).... No. I asked if they let the foam inserts sit as well?.... No. So here they are bashing a product, ''because it failed''... In the end it was all just installer error.

Post a pic of this defective roll-cage.... If you wouldn't mind.

Most of Integy's problems in the past came from using cheap aluminum and poor quality control.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:28 PM
dug44

In the past? Or now? Is that what they said when you called them? Or you work there?

Just asking, that's a big accusation... To not have a good source to back it up.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Snook Man

I have a broken Maxx bulkhead that fell off my workbench before being installed and broke in half. There is a large bubble in the casting where the break occurred. That all the proof I need.
Honestly I have installed a lot of Integy parts for the local kids in the neighborhood in the past and their quality control is hit or miss.
Some can take a beating while other break when looked at.
Any company that warrantees their parts only prior to being installed on a vehicle is not for this old man.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:17 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: dug44

In the past? Or now? Is that what they said when you called them? Or you work there?

Just asking, that's a big accusation... To not have a good source to back it up.
I am speaking from past experiences with Integy parts, they were poorly made and lacked good quality control.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Shabbernigdo

FFS. lol. everyone in the world by now should know integy is garbage. Years ago they were garbage and now they are still garbage. Why people still purchase garbage from them is beyond me. There is a **** ton of threads / sites etc etc showin how pathetic integy and its products are. You know why its so cheap? Because its all sparkely crap. yes its nice and anodized pretty blue but honestly if you sprinkel enough diamonds on dog **** it may looks nice but underneath its still ****.

O MYGOD!!!!!!!.

lol sorry had to rant there for a second : )

Buy srsly NOONESHOULDEVER BUYINTEGYUNLESSITSGONNABEASHELFQUEEN.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:40 AM
ImpalaPolicePack

the only integy product i own is a screwdriver set and im happy with it ..
Old 08-10-2010, 12:01 PM
bigblock454XXL
My Feedback: (-1)

ORIGINAL: Shabbernigdo

NO ONE SHOULD EVER BUY INTEGY UNLESS ITS GONNA BE A SHELF QUE EN.
That's the only thing I can agree with. The first Tmaxx I owned I got Integy skid plates for and they didn't last long. Was not worth the money I spent on it. It's not meant for normal bashing. The aluminum they use to make their products is soft. Since then I've owned 3 Tmaxxes and A Losi XXL, I never even considered using Integy on an of them. Some like them, some don't.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:44 PM
NitroKings

What brand do you guys recommend to bulk up your car/truck?
Old 08-11-2010, 05:49 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

RPM
Old 08-11-2010, 06:27 PM
jatoracing33

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

RPM
+1

I have yet to hear anyone bash RPM.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:24 PM
NitroKings

Thanks guys.  I'll make sure to add those parts to our catalog.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:40 PM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: outtakontroll

Thats why we call it ''intejunk''
Outta
+1 The only integy product that I buy anymore is their crawler motors. They are made in Japan and the quality seems to be pretty decent. All of the aluminum parts that I've bought from them looked great, but as others have said they are made of very poor quality aluminum that damages easily.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:13 PM
outtakontroll

I have been in the Rc car hobby since my first monster beetle in 1988. Before the internet. Intejunk got its name because thats what it is......junk.....unless like stated above....it is a shelf queen. I have bought many intejunk parts in the past.....all of soft aluminum.....just recently with the piggybacks that came on the revo 3.3 I just bought used. Soft aluminum led to stripped threads in the aluminum as with other integy parts I have used in the past on Losi and AE trucks. Stuff looks Killer....but is far from useful.....dug....alot of respect for ya.....but.....cant believe you are sticking up for a company whose reputation is known in every rc car section of this site lol....if you search integy in any forum.....im pretty sure you mostly read about failure.....sure some of it is improper installation or misuse.....but you will find that with any product.......I honestly cant remember reading much online about integy being anything but "nice looking"....probably why im so surprised to read about you defending it lol.
I could have just +1'd on Shabbernigdo's post above because thats my experience and knowledge of intejunk as well but I couldnt resist. lol
And ya we can say not every thread etc....but you all know what I mean by all this......INTEJUNK=SHELFQUEEN ONLY !.....Its not durable by any means......and as far as rpm....they should be called TAN Tough as Nails....because they are lol.
Outta
Old 08-14-2010, 12:58 AM
meef rustler

integy shocks are nice
Old 08-14-2010, 07:55 AM
dug44

Well, like i said some people like and some don't. I am expressing my opinion, from my own personal experience outta. Everything I have bought from them has been good, just as good as any other manufacturer's product. I own no shelf queens, every kit I have I either built or have taken apart and put back together my way. All are raced on dirt tracks, except for the JATO. Thats hits the streets and skate parks every once in a while. I have landed numerous jumps where the truck gets to about 10' high (off launch ramps), and the integy shocks have held up pretty good. Landed on the lid and the shock towers have minor scrapes.
Here are some pics of my JATO "SHELFQUEEN", lol. RPM on all 4 corners, INTEGY- shock towers, shocks, and upper chassis support.

I Do not run on grass, I only run dirt off-road, tracks, street, and skate parks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91035.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	1483729   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32286.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	1483730  
Old 08-14-2010, 10:54 PM
dude7422

hello all... aluminum has its place good for some parts not so good for a arms
the trick is a good mix of strong and lite weight ,,,dug 44 does that dirty car have
any bearings left in it also i see you have one rear wheel the caster looks way off fix
that and car may drive its self lol
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1Ja5mZnd68[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHeg_8fb2Oc&feature=related[/youtube]
Old 08-15-2010, 09:02 AM
dug44

AVID bearings to be exact, that's that dirty after 1 session at the local track (didn't notice the sparkling air filter though)... Cleaned weekly, next time I will dust off for ya before the photo session,,, I apologise that I offended you. LOL... and the RPM arms push the toe in a little more than stock on the JATO... Tried every way I could to get back to atleast stock, but as you see. I have had no success.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:51 AM
suprarzgt4

well is everybody saying that integy isnt worth investing in ? and rpm is pretty damn good with bashing all the a-rms never broke on my revo yet and been bashing it for at least 3 years wow that still shocks the hell out of me till this day
Old 06-08-2015, 06:22 AM
Habaneroe
My Feedback: (1)

I wasn't buying chassis part that might bend, but a winch and light set. 100% failure rate. Lights stopped working 5 minutes in and winch had a loose lead out of the box so yeah quality control is their serious problem.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:03 PM
toxicconfusionz

I have their piggy back shocks on my stampede....i like them. I've launched it well over 30' (distance) and way over my head at full speed trying to break the truck..which i eventually did but the shocks held up fine. Through the 20+ packs prior to the jump day and the day of trying to break the truck....Luck of the draw i guess? Idk, i just added the piston and oil i wanted. Added the springs I wanted and forgot about them. I did rip them out of the rear lower control arms a couple times.... the shafts never bent....maybe I am missing something about them being crap?