RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas Monster Truck forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/)
-   -   Girlfriend's First Day Driving Her RC Car (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/4225053-girlfriends-first-day-driving-her-rc-car.html)

lax195 04-30-2006 07:39 PM

Girlfriend's First Day Driving Her RC Car

So my girlfriend bought a Revo a little while ago and we decided to break it in today. So I decided to use the heat cycle method, it would also allow her to drive at a low speed ;). So I drove the first tank, just to be safe and she takes the controller on the second tank. So she started driving up and down the street, pretty steadily and then she turned and gunned it for some reason and SOMEHOW ended up going up someones driveway and not hitting the curb... lucky... So we get to the second tank and the same thing happens again and she ends up in someone elses driveway! SO on the next tank she gunned it around a turn again and SMACKED the curb pretty hard.... Of course its a Revo with RPM A-Arms so nothing broke ;). She ended up smacking the curb again but only scraped up the front skid plate... She did very well though for her first time driving it!

Anyone else teach others to drive RC Cars? ITS HARD! It took a lot of patience! [sm=RAINFRO.gif]

Heres a pic of it:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...5/IMG_0023.jpg

RCKid1992 04-30-2006 07:46 PM

RE: Girlfriend's First Day Driving Her RC Car

That is a nice Revo for a girl. Especially the pink arms lol.

Hacker Da-Cracker 04-30-2006 07:58 PM

2.5 revo right?

lax195 04-30-2006 07:59 PM

Yea its a 2.5. Hahaha you like the pink A-Arms? Haha she has pink bumpers too but they arent on the truck in that pic.

Hacker Da-Cracker 04-30-2006 08:03 PM

yeah i just bought the 3.3 revo on th 28th woot woot, you plan on going to tracks and racing?

RCKid1992 04-30-2006 08:03 PM

Kewl.

lax195 04-30-2006 08:12 PM

ORIGINAL: golfcarterforlife

yeah i just bought the 3.3 revo on th 28th woot woot, you plan on going to tracks and racing?
There arent really many tracks around me. I might take a trip to some tracks in NJ this summer. I am going to race her when she gets the hang of her Revo though :D haha. It might be kinda unfair :)... here's my truck:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...5/IMG_0030.jpg

She would definitely roast me!

RCKid1992 04-30-2006 08:16 PM

Ya dude your engine is only TWICE the size of hers lol.

JQA3 04-30-2006 08:26 PM

how much HP is that Surefire .32 rated at?

RCKid1992 04-30-2006 08:29 PM

Like 3.2 or some thing like that. (we all know that is bogus) But I am sure it still RIPS!!!

lax195 04-30-2006 08:30 PM

ORIGINAL: JQA3

how much HP is that Surefire .32 rated at?
Racer's Edge says 3.8hp. Its obviously not 3.8 (all companies' hp ratings are propaganda) but it is EXTREMELY powerful! I do have to say that the 2.5R is a pretty quick engine though. We also got lucky and hers is very easy to tune. A lot quieter than my truck too! Hahaha

RCKid1992 04-30-2006 08:47 PM

Lol the loud part. Yes 2.5r is a great little engine they will just SCREAM if you get a good one... lol

flynvy5 04-30-2006 09:27 PM

you need to get her the pink body post also

lax195 04-30-2006 09:29 PM

ORIGINAL: flynvy5

you need to get her the pink body post also
Haha! We havent painted the body YET! But there is pink paint, black paint, and a Nissan Titan body sitting at my workbench. She wants a pink body with 2 black racing stripes down the center.

anci3nt 05-01-2006 09:57 PM

i know what you mean about training new drivers! the first time i let my girlfriend drive my RC10GT at the beach she put it in the ocean within a minute! i tried to get her to go slow but she panics when it doesn't turn well at speed and guns it more! so my suggestion to trainers is start them in a very large empty park.

lax195 05-01-2006 10:35 PM

ORIGINAL: anci3nt

i know what you mean about training new drivers! the first time i let my girlfriend drive my RC10GT at the beach she put it in the ocean within a minute! i tried to get her to go slow but she panics when it doesn't turn well at speed and guns it more! so my suggestion to trainers is start them in a very large empty park.
Yea, I see what you mean. Haha thats horrible about your RC10. My dad was a lot worst than my girlfriend... he was a panicing mess but he didnt admit it :D. He crashed my Mad Force into the curb really hard and at an angle and smashed up the steering really badly. You just gotta keep it slow... ;);):):)

alvinl 05-02-2006 09:50 AM

My daughter submerged her RC18MT in water only the 3rd time she drove it outside. She has a problem turning, but she managed to stop in the middle of a big puddle. The ESC is the only thing that got messed up and now reverse does not work.

GreenRacer 05-02-2006 01:21 PM

I am embarrassed to say my wife drives better than I do. Well, R/C that is. However, when she's driving a real car...WATCH OUT! [X(]

art_vandalay 05-02-2006 05:45 PM

I definately understand the training thing. My daughter is the hardest for me. I tried taping the controller on her stampede and gearing lower, but I just realized I was going to have to accept the fact that she was going to break it ...... A LOT! But, then again what do you expect from a 5 year old. Good thing that her truck is pretty cheap. My sister and brother in law where very easy to teach, because it was their money and their REVO's. I was actually trying to get them to do back flips the first week they had them. Good Times!

MacPatton 05-02-2006 06:16 PM

No offense meant but when that motor only lasts 2 gallons are you gonna be on here saying how bad Traxxas motors are? Correct me if Im wrong here but gunning it up and down the street on the second tank may shorten engine life.

lax195 05-02-2006 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: MacPatton

No offense meant but when that motor only lasts 2 gallons are you gonna be on here saying how bad Traxxas motors are? Correct me if Im wrong here but gunning it up and down the street on the second tank may shorten engine life.
Haha noooo. The truck was never gunned for more than 1-2 seconds. When she was driving it up and down the street, the engine was at 1/4-1/3 throttle. I went 1/2-3/4 to get some heat cycling, but she kept it slow. The "gunning" was only accidental and wasnt anything significant. The enging was running pretty rich during the first couple tanks so I HIGHLY doubt that the engine's life was affected at all.

I know how long an engine is supposed to last and I know how to break it in and take care of it ;) I have only owned 19 :D:D:D

MacPatton 05-02-2006 07:08 PM

Phewww (wipes brow). I thought she was WOT up and down the street. So many people on here yell and complain their motors last 1 or 2 gallons and some may have defects when put together but I suspect poor break ins on many of them. Also get her an anodized pink frame.:D

lax195 05-02-2006 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: MacPatton

Phewww (wipes brow). I thought she was WOT up and down the street. So many people on here yell and complain their motors last 1 or 2 gallons and some may have defects when put together but I suspect poor break ins on many of them. Also get her an anodized pink frame.:D
Oh I know, I name about 2 members off the top of my head :D:D:D. I was thinking about an anodized pink chassis... But after the body gets painted, all you are going to see is a pink body, pink a-arms, and pink bumpers. Nothing else really stands out... unless I were to strip the chrome off of the rims and dye them pink! Haha.

t-maxx11689 05-02-2006 07:41 PM

ya i now wat you guys mean about the training thing...cuz i was 16 when i got mine...i still am 16....but durin break in i took it slow cuz i now if i ****ed it up im screwed....but after 2 engines and $1000 worth the replacment parts i got the hang of it....its really only like $300 because most is the cost of the truck and gas...soo ya...i let my dad drive it...he went into a bush.....its got to be the best hobby in the world....but i want to get a car and dont have a job....and dont want to sell it....its a delema...

carmatic1 05-02-2006 08:09 PM

a nitro question from an electrically minded guy!

like, would it be easier to break in (and to teach other people too) if you had a tx with a rate control for throttle... like instead of consciously surpressing the throttle, you dial the rate up as time goes ... to me it makes sense that way but i dont know if it actually works that way or not!