RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas Monster Truck forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/)
-   -   Why does every one hate Integy? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/4783330-why-does-every-one-hate-integy.html)

ScRacing 09-23-2006 01:30 PM

Why does every one hate Integy?

I am just wondering why every one dislikes integy products? Every one says that every one else is better but why? I would just like to know every ones thoughts on it.

MBX5T Maniac 09-23-2006 01:31 PM

RE: Why does every one hate Integy?

The aluminum is extremely crappy, and it's design allows for it to break easily.

specracer 09-23-2006 01:42 PM

I find that integy has the nicest looking aluminam out of alot of products.There tools and heat sinks are flawless.At least the stuff i have.

ScRacing 09-23-2006 01:46 PM

iv only had 1 problem, and that was that i bent a front skidplate when i hit a swing set at about 20 mph.

aznherb36 09-23-2006 01:47 PM

their alum is 6061 but its type for bling, the softer kind, something like that.

ScRacing 09-23-2006 01:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
hear is what happened

MBX5T Maniac 09-23-2006 01:56 PM

And that's just another example of the crappiness. It shouldn't do that from 2omph

aznherb36 09-23-2006 01:59 PM

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

And that's just another example of the crappiness. It shouldn't do that from 2omph
+1 thats so bad for just 20mph.

MBX5T Maniac 09-23-2006 02:01 PM

I've hit stuff going 40mph, and the plastic didn't break, yet the stupid aluminum bent on 20ph? That's pitiful. Stick with the stock plastic

aznherb36 09-23-2006 02:05 PM

you shouldnt even be getting alum for skids if you're going metal, it should be ***.

specracer 09-23-2006 02:33 PM

I never had any aluminum chassis parts except a heatsink.I just puled one of my heatsinks for 540 motors off and i will say it douse feal kinda soft and bendy.But that wont make a difference if its a tool handle or a heatsink.

eddy2785329 09-23-2006 03:17 PM

i bought an air filter neck from them and it was of very bad quality

rcdude37 09-23-2006 07:26 PM

i have a fuel tank protector for my maxx... the thing wasnt even bent to fit it when i got it... had to make it fit myself... never again will i give them my money...

ScRacing 09-23-2006 08:06 PM

do you guys realize how hard it is on some thing to take a hit like that? 20-25 x 11 pounds = 220-275 pounds of pressure on one part, and you expet plastic to last? And it wasn't eaven a square hit, i also broke a a-arm and a hing pin.

aznherb36 09-23-2006 08:27 PM

fact: alum bends. fact: integy alum sucks

Uglysteve 09-23-2006 08:28 PM

Yeah, 20mph would definitely bend most stuff out there. The Plastic would have bent too and probably broken your bulkead when the swingset pole came in contact with it. Plastic survives longer because it rebounds from bending. That skid plate prolly saved you a little cash in that crash.

jombo 09-23-2006 08:46 PM

i had shocks and they leaked like crazy, i even used teflon tape they just started leaking from another spot. sent them back and kept the plastic.

ScRacing 09-23-2006 09:28 PM

Well i have integy shocks and they don't leak, and every one i know who runs them has no problem with leaking, all you got to do is tighten them, and mine are over 6 months old and have no problems.

infact hear is a review typed by me. http://www.rcjunkyard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4548

jombo 09-23-2006 09:39 PM

ORIGINAL: ScRacing

Well i have integy shocks and they don't leak, and every one i know who runs them has no problem with leaking, all you got to do is tighten them, and mine are over 6 months old and have no problems.

infact hear is a review typed by me. http://www.rcjunkyard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4548

you asked and i told you, i must of had a bad set but i was'nt going to exchange them for a diferent set.i personally would'nt buy anything they make after that. my 2c.

MBX5T Maniac 09-23-2006 09:46 PM

ORIGINAL: broncbuster

Yeah, 20mph would definitely bend most stuff out there. The Plastic would have bent too and probably broken your bulkead when the swingset pole came in contact with it. Plastic survives longer because it rebounds from bending. That skid plate prolly saved you a little cash in that crash.
Aha, yet 40mph won't do it? I question this statement from person experience with a WOT smash into a wall. Integy metal sucks, and that is a fact, not an opinion. If something like that bends at 20 mph, plastic should shatter, or break. But it doesn't, because aluminum shouldn't bend that bad except for a crash at WOT. And "most stuff out there" is 10x tougher than integy, and won't bend from that wimpy of a crash.

ScRacing 09-23-2006 09:51 PM

so if i buy a engine form you and i don't tighten down the head screws, can i send it back because it has no compression? And then go tell peaple something that is true only because of misuse? Sorrey if i sound harsh but some of you guys do that, nad it makes me mad. NO one around hear has the Jewls to go agenst what anyone else says, wethere its wright or its wrong, im not pointing out anyone , im just saying that it happens everyday.

edit: this is in reply to jombo

aznherb36 09-23-2006 10:11 PM

Its not misuse, your example is pretty different. This hobby is all about spending money money money, and ultimately the phrase goes "you pay for what you get." You really cannot compare crashes because every slight change will change alot of things.

jombo 09-23-2006 10:18 PM

ORIGINAL: ScRacing

so if i buy a engine form you and i don't tighten down the head screws, can i send it back because it has no compression? And then go tell peaple something that is true only because of misuse? Sorrey if i sound harsh but some of you guys do that, nad it makes me mad. NO one around hear has the Jewls to go agenst what anyone else says, wethere its wright or its wrong, im not pointing out anyone , im just saying that it happens everyday.

edit: this is in reply to jombo

i'll tell you what ,if i do buy another set and if they leak again will you give me your set that dont, if you wont well why should i be stuck with a worthless product .

jombo 09-23-2006 10:22 PM

and i do know how to add oil to the shocks, they leaked from the threads then from the shaft. like i said before YOU must have gotten the only working set because i was warned and didnt believe and lo and behold it happened to me.

ScRacing 09-23-2006 10:26 PM

ok, i would like some un anodized ones so i can get them pwdercoated gunmettle. I see what you are saying.;)