RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas Monster Truck forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/)
-   -   Second hand revo's ... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/6732030-second-hand-revos.html)

beer=food 12-08-2007 09:16 PM

Second hand revo's ...

What is a good price for an Ebay revo in good nick no hop ups, lm wondering just for an extra truck cheap, over a new one.
Would bidding up to but not over 450 dollars seem ok, in australian dollars.
Has all the starter equip etc.

Thoughts ?

nothinbetr2do 12-08-2007 10:40 PM

RE: Second hand revo's ...

i'd say a good second hand revo would go for about $300 just stock. maybe $350

nothinbetr2do 12-08-2007 10:41 PM

what the heck, i don't know about this post

calvino 12-09-2007 01:57 AM

I would say, go with your gut, if it looks like it is in supurb condition, then go for it, if not, then try another, also, see if you can work out a return policy if it turns out to be not what you expected, then ship it back at a loss (shipping)

REVO X 12-09-2007 02:08 AM

I got mine used for $230 on craigslist... it came with extra stuff like RPM arm all four sets not installed, picco max engine, upgraded throttle servo, converted to a single steering servo, I bargain the heck out of the guy and he gave in for that price LoL! check on craigslist... you might get lucky.

discgolfer72 12-09-2007 06:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
wo hoo i agree im not shure if there is a craigs list in ausie land but i agree with^^^^^^

i just got this off the list for a computer i built i had only 200 us dollars in the computer
revo 2.5r with a 3.3 motor alum shocks steel cvd alum spur and several hopups plus it also included a 30 gig ipod vid with docking station

now the computer had a retail value of about 500$ but since i build them it only cost me 200$ out of pocket

megamaxx 12-09-2007 07:41 AM

there are deals out there,you just have to hunt them down.and then hope the person selling is honest,me personally i like it when a seller sticks close to his asking price,tells me they are conifident in their work and its not a POS,its when they start knocking loads of money off that scares me.usually hiding hiding something or not being totally honest.

megamaxx 12-09-2007 07:42 AM

450 aussie? whats that in ole u.s. dollars

Redrawker 12-09-2007 09:09 AM

I got my Revo 3.3 off of Ebay for $325. It had four tanks through it and was almost through break in. I took a chance because the guy said it "wouldn't start" but when I got it I saw that the glow plug had died and went to a very unhappy place. After I changed it, it ran fine. Got lucky there...

bob5429 12-09-2007 02:05 PM

yeah thats a good deal, the glow-plugs alone are like $40 total

beer=food 12-09-2007 03:10 PM

lm at 308 bid.Couldnt find one on craigslist but thanks anyways.

legohead6 12-09-2007 03:50 PM

i paid 275 shipped for mine, said teh tranny was toast so i ordered a new one, when i got it i found out it was only a rock in the gear, removed it and if i hadnt got coky and gone ahead and rebuilt it and messed up it would be running fine..

beer=food 12-09-2007 09:21 PM

LOL dude least u r honest about it ! Still a good price even with a stuffed tranny.You got lucky, then unlucky, ***, got a manual ? Fix tranny easy dude.

DriftingDragon 12-09-2007 09:23 PM

DONT TRUST CRAIGSLIST i almost got scammed from it

legohead6 12-09-2007 09:46 PM

theres no diagrams of inside the tranny in the manuals... its wierd

phil3842 12-10-2007 01:52 AM

ORIGINAL: beer=food

What is a good price for an Ebay revo in good nick no hop ups, lm wondering just for an extra truck cheap, over a new one.
Would bidding up to but not over 450 dollars seem ok, in australian dollars.
Has all the starter equip etc.

Thoughts ?

try and win a revo roller from an ebay user called rcwaffle always go cheap, then go out and buy an os21tm or another motor. i did this and it only cost me like 375

REVO X 12-10-2007 02:01 AM

ORIGINAL: DriftingDragon

you almost get scammed? how? would you like to share the story?;)

calvino 12-10-2007 02:21 AM

ORIGINAL: REVO X

ORIGINAL: DriftingDragon

you almost get scammed? how? would you like to share the story?;)
it is prob one of those "rare ocasions" in which something goes wrong, hey, use your disgression, if it looks good, and you have a good fealing about it, then go for it, if not, then, try another, it is up to you brotha:D