RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas Monster Truck forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/)
-   -   Revo w/ OS18TM wont start (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/6738593-revo-w-os18tm-wont-start.html)

ned289 12-10-2007 12:28 PM

Revo w/ OS18TM wont start

OK. So I was having problems starting the Revo and decided to replace the OWB and seem to start up within 30 seconds with is about 10 minutes faster then before so that was great. Now, after letting it sit for a few days, the engine wont turn over at all. I called my LHS and they said perhaps the gears in the EZ Starter are loose and not grabbing. So I took that apart and everything is good the way it should but the engine is still not turning. The EZ Starter spins when the button is pressed though. So I did some reading and other people have indicated they have had issues with their EZ Starters so I decided to buy a pull start and install that. Still the engine will not turn over. Its as if somethings not catching. When I replaced the OWB, I turned it a few times and the piston would move up and down. Now, sometimes when I turn the OWB, the piston doesnt seem to move like I think it should.

At this point Im ready to throw the stuipid thing out the window. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FISH KILLA 12-10-2007 12:51 PM

RE: Revo w/ OS18TM wont start

Crank pin sheared or connecting rod broke??? Just guessing here of course.

cujoman 12-10-2007 01:02 PM

take out your glow plug and see if turns over... also, check to see that you placed the OWB in the proper way.

Th3pwn3r 12-10-2007 01:04 PM

With a pull start you should be able to feel the compression as the piston reaches TDC(Top dead center) if you're not feeling anything there's something wrong.(This is assuming your one way bearing is working properly.)

ned289 12-10-2007 01:19 PM

ORIGINAL: cujoman

take out your glow plug and see if turns over... also, check to see that you placed the OWB in the proper way.
I assumed that since it started fine after I initially installed the OWB that it was in correct but I will double check. But, in this hobby, I have found you cant assume anything. hehe

ORIGINAL: Th3pwn3r
With a pull start you should be able to feel the compression as the piston reaches TDC(Top dead center) if you're not feeling anything there's something wrong.(This is assuming your one way bearing is working properly.)
I feel no compression what so ever and the OWB was brand new out of the package. I'll check the OWB.

Thanks for the input

madmax22 12-10-2007 03:55 PM

Same thing happend to me and the starter shaft was broken.......Only $8 check out the inside.... take the cooling head and backplate off to see if thre is anything broken

Th3pwn3r 12-10-2007 04:14 PM

Hopefully there's nothing wrong with the engine internally but it could be a possibility.

ned289 12-10-2007 08:12 PM

ORIGINAL: FISH KILLA

Crank pin sheared or connecting rod broke??? Just guessing here of course.
I took the backplate off and the crank pin look very short as if its been sheared in half and not connecting with the starter shaft when i move the OWB. I also flipped the OWB around just in case it was backwards. When I move the OWB, the piston doesnt move unless I press the backplate really hard.

The Traxxas part number for the IPS crank shaft is 5219. Does anybody know if this will fit the OS18TM engine or should I find a specific part number for the OS engine itself? Also, is there just a pin by itself that I can buy instead of the entire crank shaft? Sorry for all the questions.