RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas Monster Truck forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/)
-   -   Rate My Truck (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/6893409-rate-my-truck.html)

superman11 01-11-2008 11:52 PM

Rate My Truck

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry there is no pic with the body, it is green and white

Danju 01-12-2008 02:04 AM

RE: Rate My Truck

i rated a 9... cuz its nice a clean (even though it should get dirty sometimes)...but still, its not a revo or theres no hopups i can see...but yeah great car however...and WHO rated one btw?

Linsner7 01-12-2008 08:15 AM

I gave you a 7 because it is a tmaxx and it's all stock. Nothing wrong with a tmaxx, but get a servo guard on that steering servo man!!

iamnot 01-12-2008 08:38 AM

it's a plain 'ol, bone stock maxx with a 2.5 - not even an "r"
why should it get more than a 1?
make some upgrades/mods/hop-ups and it might rate a higher score...

superman11 01-12-2008 09:59 AM

Where can i get a servo guard??

powercrazy3 01-12-2008 10:52 AM

ORIGINAL: iamnot

people can only afford so much man, so lay off.

SmugR 01-12-2008 11:01 AM

We all started somewhere, and thats exactly where I started e few years ago now.

Nice and clean for now, do your research on the T Maxx weak spots and just do some sensible upgrades, ally bulkheads would be on the list, as would a spare fuel tank and some better all rounder tires, get it dialed in and enjoy.

Redrawker 01-12-2008 11:13 AM

ORIGINAL: SmugR

We all started somewhere, and thats exactly where I started e few years ago now.

I agree 100%. When I first got my Revo, it was bone stock and I was SO proud of it even then. People gave me a hard time too. Now my Revo could thrash theirs several times over. My very first truck was a T-maxx pro .15. Your's could beat my T-maxx even in its stock state. I think the T-maxx is a very good truck. It is simply and easy to work on. For starters I would get some performance upgrades (pipe etc.) and just get an upgrade every once in a while. Before you know it, you'll have a really nice truck!

I'll give it an 8. It is incredible clean and not abused.

rcdudegermy10 01-12-2008 03:02 PM

I gave it a 5. No i'm not being mean, or insulting your truck or anything, but it's a basic stock T-Maxx, there really isn't anything special or anything that seperates it from other T-Maxx trucks. But as long as you like it that's all that matters.

nitrorc89 01-12-2008 03:43 PM

i wouldn't really fix up a nitro truck...you see people all the time that just BASH fixing up nitro trucks...before they realize it they have got hundreds of dollars...some over a 1000 in there trucks...i think that is foolish...simply because if i was gonna upgrade a truck that much to drive in my yard....i would forget nitro and go 1/5 scale...

verticalavenue 01-12-2008 03:53 PM

I gave it an 8. I turned my son's Smaxx into a TMAXX.

http://www.verticalavenue.com/images/smaxx.jpg

rcdudegermy10 01-12-2008 04:28 PM

ORIGINAL: nitrorc89

i wouldn't really fix up a nitro truck...you see people all the time that just BASH fixing up nitro trucks...before they realize it they have got hundreds of dollars...some over a 1000 in there trucks...i think that is foolish...simply because if i was gonna upgrade a truck that much to drive in my yard....i would forget nitro and go 1/5 scale...
What's the point of getting a truck if you don't want to have fun and hop it up?

nitrorc89 01-12-2008 05:31 PM

well i understand that and i do get like a pipe and some rpm arms but i am talking about guys who spend around a 1000 dollars just to make it all aluminum....and everything else....i dont understand why you would want to do something like that ......that would be to much for me to pay for a shelf queen....and if they bash them...i couldnt see having an all aluminum truck...because it isnt fun unless you something breaks....thats just my opinion....

maybe i cant see doing that because i dont have that much money to spend.....

verticalavenue 01-12-2008 07:27 PM

I spend the money for aluminum because my son is 9 and he can BASH a truck better than most. Lately I have came across a most generous supply of 1/8th thick sheet aluminum. I been itching to make mods.

JB COMP 01-12-2008 08:09 PM

I gave ti a 3, because its stock. but it is clean so thats why I gave it a 3

iamnot 01-12-2008 08:25 PM

ORIGINAL: powercrazy3

ORIGINAL: iamnot

people can only afford so much man, so lay off.
lay off what?????
i did not insult him or the truck
but i'm gonna tell the truth
to rate it high is unfair to other maxxs that have been upgraded and tricked-out
it's like comparing a 5 y/o base model cvic to a brand new, every option, tuned, tricked out, custom painted civic
no matter how clean the old one is it's still a 1 compared to the tuner...

superman, you've got a good place to start, enjoy your truck.

superman11 01-13-2008 10:29 AM

So the over all concenses is my truck needs to be upgraded. I need more money~!

DaveG55 01-13-2008 10:55 AM

It only "needs" upgrading if YOU want to. It will run and work fine just as it is for a very long time.
Personally, I only upgrade stuff when it breaks or gives me a problem or I can see that the mod will make an obvious improvement to an aspect that is important to me. Like off-set RPM wheels, they give the Maxx notacably better stability.
I very seldom let other people's opinions dictate what I do to my RC's.
They're my rc's, I like them. If others don't then let them buy one of their own and do what they want to it is pretty much how I see it.

superman11 01-13-2008 11:15 AM

Do you have any pics of your trucks?

DaveG55 01-13-2008 11:55 AM

ORIGINAL: superman11

Do you have any pics of your trucks?
Click on my user name and look in "my models", they're all there.

HpiDrifter420 01-13-2008 11:56 AM

just upgrade as you need to. the tmaxx is a good truck and i love mine. but one you start to upgrade things you wont want to stop. this hobby is addicting.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...420/tmaxx3.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...0/P1000924.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...420/tmaxx1.jpg

megamaxx 01-13-2008 02:05 PM

gave it an 8,its clean and obviously very well cared for,and as stated up above,once you start upgrading,sometimes its hard to stop,check my garage you'll see what i mean,its very addictive!!!!:D

ross_jsy 01-13-2008 02:16 PM

it's like comparing a 5 y/o base model cvic to a brand new, every option, tuned, tricked out, custom painted civic
no matter how clean the old one is it's still a 1 compared to the tuner...
meh, i thought the "i have no *****" ricified civic would have got the lower score....

cool lil starter truck, have fun!

Soppy 01-13-2008 02:19 PM

meh, i thought the "i have no ****" ricified civic would have got the lower score....

hahaha!!!

DaveG55 01-13-2008 07:25 PM