RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas Monster Truck forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/)
-   -   Just sent to Integy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/7777836-just-sent-integy.html)

KillerKowalczyk 07-27-2008 04:04 PM

Just sent to Integy

To Whom It May Concern:

The quality of Integy products is questionable at best. Your products never fit properly, your skid plates are made of the cheapest softest aluminium I have ever come across, and your warranty is very poor.

I am having a great deal of trouble with your MSR8 shocks, I installed them on my T-Maxx 3.3 about two weeks ago and they have been nothing but trouble. I have tried countless spring, valve, and oil weight combinations with no success.

The thing that angers me the most is that I cannot even return them because they are not even broken and my 30 day time period is up, not to mention that there is no way I will ever find a receipt from 30+ days ago. Why should it matter when I bought the product, what if I never installed it until six months later? Besides the fact, the MSR8 shocks just do not work properly, and they never did. Even with the stiffest springs and 20 weight oil the shafts do not want to extend properly, with the softest springs and 20 weight oil they don't even want to compress properly. I must also mention that there is a great deal of variance between one shock to the next coming from the same package. One shock might work almost the way it is supposed to, where as the other is almost non-functional. Seals on two of the piggy back reservoirs blew just from compression by hand as well.

I can't believe I paid so much money for such poorly engineered products. I will do everything in my power to make sure that nobody ever buys an Integy product again. I will post on forums, video responses, write to magazines, print out thousands of flyers at my own expense to hand out, and wear a shirt that says NEVER BUY INTEGY. You may think that I am crazy, however I will do all of this just out of principle. You charge an exorbitant amount for your products so there should be no excuse for the lack of quality that they are imbued with.

Yours Truly,

Disappointed/concerned customer

M- K

xc7 07-27-2008 04:47 PM

RE: Just sent to Integy

nice letter!

Unfortunately we all seem to find out the hard way with Integy products. I too got sucked into buying the upper/lower A-arms along with a few other useless parts which I totaly regret buying.

The most recent was a $40 aluminum wheelie bar which broke the wheel axle by the 2nd time out. Total Junk! [:'(]

The upper A-arms adjustable screw rubs against the forward shock tower.. Junk [:'(]

The wheel hubs had to be ground with a dremel to fit the XL extended axle shafts.. Junk [:'(]

The aluminum clutches are of the softest metal possible and don't last more than a few tanks.. Junk [:'(]

Feel free to add to my unfortunate waste of money list.

Save them time and send them a link to this thread also.

ChaosEngine 07-27-2008 04:53 PM

their reciever box cover works good heheh. but, they need a new programmer, and new cnc operators. because they even have flaws in something as simple to make as that!

the good thing about it is that its shiny, and it wedges the antennae in nice and tight [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

by the sounds of it they need a new purchaseing agent, so they dont buy the softest, cheapest metals made :D

kramr5 07-27-2008 05:17 PM

They'll just round file it like they've done with the thousands of other letters just like it [>:]:D

matts6887 07-27-2008 06:48 PM

ORIGINAL: KillerKowalczyk

To Whom It May Concern:

The quality of Integy products is questionable at best. Your products never fit properly, your skid plates are made of the cheapest softest aluminium I have ever come across, and your warranty is very poor.

I am having a great deal of trouble with your MSR8 shocks, I installed them on my T-Maxx 3.3 about two weeks ago and they have been nothing but trouble. I have tried countless spring, valve, and oil weight combinations with no success.

The thing that angers me the most is that I cannot even return them because they are not even broken and my 30 day time period is up, not to mention that there is no way I will ever find a receipt from 30+ days ago. Why should it matter when I bought the product, what if I never installed it until six months later? Besides the fact, the MSR8 shocks just do not work properly, and they never did. Even with the stiffest springs and 20 weight oil the shafts do not want to extend properly, with the softest springs and 20 weight oil they don't even want to compress properly. I must also mention that there is a great deal of variance between one shock to the next coming from the same package. One shock might work almost the way it is supposed to, where as the other is almost non-functional. Seals on two of the piggy back reservoirs blew just from compression by hand as well.

I can't believe I paid so much money for such poorly engineered products. I will do everything in my power to make sure that nobody ever buys an Integy product again. I will post on forums, video responses, write to magazines, print out thousands of flyers at my own expense to hand out, and wear a shirt that says NEVER BUY INTEGY. You may think that I am crazy, however I will do all of this just out of principle. You charge an exorbitant amount for your products so there should be no excuse for the lack of quality that they are imbued with.

Yours Truly,

Disappointed/concerned customer

M- K

Nice letter indeed!!! Hope it works out for ya in the end man!!! That sux big time to have hear that people have to go through this in this day and age where u would think u would at least be able to get something decent for the money that is shelled out. But from the looks of thing....apparently not. Now I will know for sure to stay away from their products because they are nothing but "crap-ola"; and thats probably being a little on the nice side of things....If they don't bother replying to your letter or email(whichever u ended up doing), then personally if it were me, I would file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and have them tarnish their record a bit to make them think twice as to who they are dealing with.....either way, good luck with it man....hope something good comes outta it for ya...
-Matt :)

JAMBF750 07-28-2008 11:47 AM

I'm right there with you, I paid $70 for the MSR4 shocks and I have to turn the adjustable spring collar down all the way just to get the shocks to spring back up, and I'm running 70w oil. I haven’t noticed any leaks yet, but I don’t think it will be long before I’m completely upset with the quality of these shocks. The skid plates fit fine, but will bend if you just bump them.

Anyway, sorry for your problems, hang in there and share with us any feedback you get.

JAM

KRO 07-28-2008 01:02 PM

I have tried a few parts from Integy and for the most part they worked ok , never tried their shocks because I did a little research before buying them .

There have been quite a few threads about the Integy shocks , didnt you ask/search before you bought them ?

It does indeed really suck that you are out the money but if you had asked about those shocks I am sure you would have gotten quite a few responses telling you not too get them .

BTW , I have their aluminum steering knuckles and titanium pushrods/toe links on my REVO's and they have held up too all the punishment I have given them so far ....

iamnot 07-28-2008 02:26 PM

not to be mean but it seems like there may be some lessons to be learned here
and not just "don't buy integy"

1 - research a product before you buy it, not after
2 - always keep the reciept - this is a basic tenant of modern life, even if it's just in a shoe box, keep the recipt
3 - buy parts when you need them - if you buy something with a time limit warranty and don't bother to even install it untill the warranty is up (or almost) then that's your fault, not theirs
4 - lecturing to corporate entities is rarely productive

KillerKowalczyk 07-28-2008 03:00 PM

Well, its seems as tho Integy has a fairly decent Tech/Response group. They have offered to send me a free rebuild kit (they claim that the shocks might not be functioning properly due to age and that the seals/silicone parts may have hardened before I bought them) and a discount on anything new that I buy from them. I am still dissapointed with their products however.

KillerKowalczyk 07-28-2008 03:08 PM

ORIGINAL: iamnot

2 - always keep the reciept - this is a basic tenant of modern life, even if it's just in a shoe box, keep the recipt
3 - buy parts when you need them - if you buy something with a time limit warranty and don't bother to even install it untill the warranty is up (or almost) then that's your fault, not theirs

1 - I am new to the hobby and was trusting the information that the hobby shop owner was providing me with, if that particular shop wasnt 1 hour away id probably be there ringing the guys neck right now
2 - sorry, but unless it is a major purchase nobody should be keeping a reciept for anything
3 - a 30 day warranty is a pretty lousy. (ex. bought them, waited two weeks to install, drove for two weeks before realizing how insanely crappy they were, = 30days)
4 - worked out for me, they didnt get replaced but a free rebuild kit and discount isnt to bad for a letter that only took 10 minutes to write.

e123 07-28-2008 04:39 PM

1 - I am new to the hobby and was trusting the information that the hobby shop owner was providing me with, if that particular shop wasnt 1 hour away id probably be there ringing the guys neck right now
2 - sorry, but unless it is a major purchase nobody should be keeping a reciept for anything
3 - a 30 day warranty is a pretty lousy. (ex. bought them, waited two weeks to install, drove for two weeks before realizing how insanely crappy they were, = 30days)
4 - worked out for me, they didnt get replaced but a free rebuild kit and discount isnt to bad for a letter that only took 10 minutes to write.
1 - The hobby shop owner selling you integy crap is pretty good proof that you should research a product before you buy it.
2 - Tower has those shocks listed for $116. Its not a computer, tv, or other "big ticket" purchase, but that much money for a set of shocks probably warrants holding onto the reciept until you are sure you are happy with them.
3 - A 30 day warranty is pretty lousy.
4 - You got a $10 rebuild kit for junk shocks, and a discount on your next junk product purchase. You told them in your letter that you werent going to buy their products again so they basically gave you a discount on nothing.

DaveG55 07-28-2008 04:56 PM

Iamnot gave you (and everyone) good advice and I don't see why you are getting so defensive about it.

1 - So you trusted a salesman who's livelyhood depends on selling people high profit margin accessories?
2- I keep reciepts on every part that I buy, at least until I'm sure it works as I want/need it to. If you don't keep recipts then I guarentee that this will not be the last time the issue will bite you
3 - 30 days does suck, so why would you just give away 1/2 of your warranty period?
4 - wow, you sold out your principles for $10 and a future discount on exorbitantly priced products that are imbued with poor quality (your words, not mine)?
Yes, I can see where that taught Integy a lesson, yes-sir-ee, they know their place now!

matts6887 07-28-2008 05:59 PM

imo all of the above = the "don't say I didn't tell ya so" speech very commonly heard these days for obvious reasons.....and yes I too, like some people tend to keep receipts for items bought that I'm not quite sure if they are gonna fit my wants/needs list, or if they will even work at all. I am glad however, that they at least had the "heart" and took the time to respond back to your lengthy email to them. As as for the free rebuild kit and discount....I dunno about that. I guess u I could say u should at least be glad they offered to send u the rebuild kit. Imo, though, thats the least they coulda done. They really should re-consider the quality of materials, etc they use in their products from the sounds of things start out by making a better product, which, in the end would help solve quite a few problems, that as of late, have been starting out in the beggining stages of "product ownership...

KillerKowalczyk 07-28-2008 06:18 PM

ORIGINAL: e123

1 - The hobby shop owner selling you integy crap is pretty good proof that you should research a product before you buy it.
2 - Tower has those shocks listed for $116. Its not a computer, tv, or other "big ticket" purchase, but that much money for a set of shocks probably warrants holding onto the reciept until you are sure you are happy with them.
4 - You got a $10 rebuild kit for junk shocks, and a discount on your next junk product purchase. You told them in your letter that you werent going to buy their products again so they basically gave you a discount on nothing.

I was merely updating what was presented to me, you said that a letter was useless, it obviously wasnt. Just because they are offering me a discount doesnt mean I will be buying anything does it?! Im sorry keeping a reciept for something like that is plain crazy, you are probably borderline pack rat. Its not even about the money for me but the principle.

KillerKowalczyk 07-28-2008 06:26 PM

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

Iamnot gave you (and everyone) good advice and I don't see why you are getting so defensive about it.

1 - So you trusted a salesman who's livelyhood depends on selling people high profit margin accessories?
2- I keep reciepts on every part that I buy, at least until I'm sure it works as I want/need it to. If you don't keep recipts then I guarentee that this will not be the last time the issue will bite you
3 - 30 days does suck, so why would you just give away 1/2 of your warranty period?
4 - wow, you sold out your principles for $10 and a future discount on exorbitantly priced products that are imbued with poor quality (your words, not mine)?
Yes, I can see where that taught Integy a lesson, yes-sir-ee, they know their place now!

1- I did make the mistake of trusting someone, my local shop did not carry the product so I had no choice.

2- Im glad you keep your reciepts, but something of this cost does not warrant me keeping a reciept, the only reason I was complaining was a matter of principle, something of that cost should perform, not fail.

3- Im sorry I wasted a whole 2 weeks before I installed a product, RCing is fun, but its not my life. 1 week of that time was spent in Clearwater Florida. You were probably in your basement playing World of Warcraft and watching Star Trek.

4- I did not sell my principles out, infact I solidified them by having the balls to write such a letter, probably something you have never done in your life, or had the intelligence to. Just because they have offered me a discount dosent mean I will be buying one of there products in the future, although you probably would. One things for sure, I know your place, your a spineless pack rat. I posted a thread letting people know about my current situation and what came of it due to me writing a letter to the company. All you have done was bash me for it. Your a clown.

KillerKowalczyk 07-28-2008 06:29 PM

ORIGINAL: matts6887

imo all of the above = the "don't say I didn't tell ya so" speech very commonly heard these days for obvious reasons.....and yes I too, like some people tend to keep receipts for items bought that I'm not quite sure if they are gonna fit my wants/needs list, or if they will even work at all. I am glad however, that they at least had the "heart" and took the time to respond back to your lengthy email to them. As as for the free rebuild kit and discount....I dunno about that. I guess u I could say u should at least be glad they offered to send u the rebuild kit. Imo, though, thats the least they coulda done. They really should re-consider the quality of materials, etc they use in their products from the sounds of things start out by making a better product, which, in the end would help solve quite a few problems, that as of late, have been starting out in the beggining stages of "product ownership...

I totally agree with you, they probably should have done something better but that probably will never happen. As for Integy designing a better product and using better materials, I doubt that will ever happen either. But atleast I tried right. Im glad you had something intelligent to say, not just ranting and calling me a sellout.

iamnot 07-28-2008 06:57 PM

man, i wasn't attacking you
just pointing out that the problems you encountered could have mostly been avoided
and hoping others could follow a few simple guidelines for preventing the same type of thing
and for more than just rc products too

i must say though that all of your responses bring to mind an old saying
"he who will not learn from his mistakes is destined to repeat them"

good luck with the shocks
hope the new parts help out

e123 07-28-2008 07:45 PM

I was merely updating what was presented to me, you said that a letter was useless, it obviously wasnt. Just because they are offering me a discount doesnt mean I will be buying anything does it?! Im sorry keeping a reciept for something like that is plain crazy, you are probably borderline pack rat. Its not even about the money for me but the principle.
First, I wasnt the one who said your letter was useless (even though it was). Second, if you dont plan on using the discount they offered you then you proved my point for me. They gave you a discount on nothing. As far as it being a matter of principle, if that was the case then why not hold onto the reciept until you knew you were happy with the product?

I did get a laugh at the "having the balls to write a letter" comment you made. Yup, that sure takes a lot of guts! You wrote a letter, big deal. That takes almost as much "balls" as responding to constructive criticism with insults on an r/c message board. We are all so lucky to get to trade messages with the canadian Chuck Norris!

KillerKowalczyk 07-28-2008 10:33 PM

First, I wasnt the one who said your letter was useless (even though it was). Second, if you dont plan on using the discount they offered you then you proved my point for me. They gave you a discount on nothing. As far as it being a matter of principle, if that was the case then why not hold onto the reciept until you knew you were happy with the product?

I did get a laugh at the "having the balls to write a letter" comment you made. Yup, that sure takes a lot of guts! You wrote a letter, big deal. That takes almost as much "balls" as responding to constructive criticism with insults on an r/c message board. We are all so lucky to get to trade messages with the canadian Chuck Norris!

Im still getting something from them you tool, not just a discount. So your wrong!!! Or are you to much of a stupid American to realize that, your probably one of the retards that voted Bush into the White House. If something was wrong with one of your products you probably would have just stood there with a d**do up your a** you f***ing F**g*t. Go back to your gay redneck bar and make some money sucking D**k you f***ing qu**r. Your a B**CH, and your mothers a C**T.

KRO 07-28-2008 11:08 PM

Im still getting something from them you tool, not just a discount. So your wrong!!! Or are you to much of a stupid American to realize that, your probably one of the retards that voted Bush into the White House. If something was wrong with one of your products you probably would have just stood there with a d**do up your a** you f***ing F**g*t. Go back to your gay redneck bar and make some money sucking D**k you f***ing qu**r. Your a B**CH, and your mothers a C**T.
WOW , I bet you'll get lots of help from the other RCU members now ....:eek:

Must be another 15yr old kid ......[:'(]

youwish16 07-28-2008 11:14 PM

hahaha this is turning in to a flame war. and btw, what in the hell does president bush have to do with this thread?

KillerKowalczyk 07-28-2008 11:25 PM

ORIGINAL: youwish16

hahaha this is turning in to a flame war. and btw, what in the hell does president bush have to do with this thread?
He brought the whole country issue into play, im just trying to piss him off as much as he pissed me off. There was no need for it.

skyraider71 07-29-2008 04:18 PM

I was thinking about getting a set of their T-MAXX bulkheads, now I'm
thinking twice BTW, I've been using Integy's wrenches for years with
good results.

Uglysteve 07-29-2008 11:22 PM

I own ONE integy product on my race Revo. It's their alum steering blocks for the front. The reason I use them is that integy has the cheapest aluminum and I needed that metal in order to modify my steering the way i wanted to. You can see the steering increase I got and I have NO issues with popping pillow balls out.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l5...3-8373_IMG.jpg

nitro stan 07-29-2008 11:49 PM

i bought one of there front skids for my maxx, it was bent before the tank was empty
+2 on the LHS guy, he made more off those shoch then he would have off a set of big bores

they always try to sell me all the BLING crap for my trucks and i turn it down. most recent was the Integy 3 shoe cluth setup