RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas Monster Truck forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/)
-   -   Maxx 2.5 Upgrades (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/7942363-maxx-2-5-upgrades.html)

jadedreality 09-11-2008 12:21 AM

Maxx 2.5 Upgrades

Does anyone know any great websites that have a lot of hop up parts for a Maxx 2.5. I'm looking to completely overhaul it during the winter time. So far the only major upgrade I've done is drop in a 3.3 and a resonator pipe. Any suggestions or custom ideas would be appreciated. Also does anyone know if there is a conversion kit ot there to make a maxx 2.5 to a maxx 3.3?

nitro rc 09-11-2008 08:13 PM

RE: Maxx 2.5 Upgrades

go to rc planet
www.rcplanet.com

cmerritt 09-11-2008 08:15 PM

www.towerhobbies.com

TMaxxDriver 09-11-2008 09:30 PM

[link]http://www.amainhobbies.com[/link]

TMaxxDriver 09-11-2008 09:32 PM

also a possibility for ya... EBAY?? i have found LOTS of things (aftermarket) that i would like to get, just havent done it yet... BUT, i have found lots of stuff for the 2.5 Maxx, cuz that is what i own.

rcnitrohead 09-11-2008 09:33 PM

Ebay is the place to be 100%... If you dont buy parts there, you are throwing your money away.

Tom.

TMaxxDriver 09-12-2008 04:45 PM

what is your success rate on ebay?? there was a big thread not too long ago, a guy was trying to buy a revo real cheap, but the selling was giving him the run around...

do you have good luck when ordering and buying things on ebay? i have always been a little cautious of ebay, so havent ordered anything there...

sb13 09-12-2008 06:18 PM

TMD, that was me with the bad Revo deal. Others did receive their Revos but it took the seller a long time to send them out. It appears he was selling them before he even had them in his hands. Don't let that scare you away from Ebay. I've bought parts there alot and never had a problem other than that one deal and I got my money back in the end. I've had over 400 transactions with only one bad deal. Ebay is awsome for parts.

TMaxxDriver 09-12-2008 09:48 PM

WOW scott.. i was THINKING that it was you, but didnt go back and look for the thread... well that is at least reassuring to me, as i browse through tons of pages on ebay of RC parts, but have never actually ordered anything... i will keep that in mind, and heck i may get something off there soon...

i just remember how ticked you were, because i followed your thread to see how things turned out for ya, because i saw that same exact ad for the revo, and was thinking about doing it, UNTIL i saw what you posted.. i guess its luck of the draw with that particular guy, or if he happens to have them on hand or not!?

sb13 09-12-2008 10:22 PM

Yeah I was ticked. I had another guy here telling me he has been through that too but the difference between him and I was that he did'nt bash paypal and so on like I did. That was a joke. Paypal said to me in an email that they would cover like 200.00 so heck yeah I was'nt happy but I never bashed them instead all I did was state what they told me. Other than that I have always received my parts without a probem and paypal was'nt bashed be me infact they got the seller to refund my money in full so I was very happy with paypal. Just check feedback before you buy and feel good about doing so. Chances are in your favor that you won't have problems. I just bought a couple of more items from ebay tonight.

TMaxxDriver 09-12-2008 10:27 PM

well perhaps my quest for a new motor may be in the near future... shouldnt get the run around like you did, as i am only ordering parts, and not a whole truck (yet)... have you seen any good engines on there recently?? just curious..

rcnitrohead 09-13-2008 10:05 AM

My bro and I have 145 transactions on my ebay account and I'm a buyer and seller. Me and my brother share the account, and I have just a little more than him in transactions. I have never had a problem with a dead beat bidder or a seller who didnt ship an item. My brother however did have 2-3 transactions go wrong, but he always got reimbursed with Paypal. Ebay is THE place to be and the administration there is great and always on top of things.

Tom.

sb13 09-13-2008 11:06 AM

I agree Tom. I ran an ebay store for over a year doing an average of 1000.00 per month for several months. I have also been buying there for several years. I don't have a huge number but I've done over 400 transactions now. I had 2 people not pay me after winning the item. I only had 1 not ship it and give me the run around and that was the revo deal. I believe it's a safe place to buy but again take the time to examine peoples feedback first.