Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic
Reload this Page >

jetcat p 100rx delayed acceleration

Notices
Turbine Clinic Get direct support from the major turbine manufacturer support reps in here.

jetcat p 100rx delayed acceleration

Old 03-31-2015, 03:39 PM
lovemykoko

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default jetcat p 100rx delayed acceleration

hi there, have a jetcat p 100rx that ran flawless for the last 8 months has aprox 9 hrs, however last week i experienced a problem where the turbine did not ramp up, it seems to go through the initial start up phase and about 10 seconds into the the start up it just did not accelerate and shut down so we connected the gsu and was saying delayed acceleration, after about 5 minutes we started it again and the gsu showed the delayed acceleration massage for about 1/2 a second and disappeared and it just ran very good but i felt that it took few seconds longer to spool up. we had two more flight that day and everything ended up well.
next day we went back to the field and on the first try to fire it up it did it again, went through the start up phase and again had the same issue where about 10 second in the into it, it did not accelerate and,connected the gsu and read the same message delayed acceleration, few minutes later we attempted another start up with the gsu connected but started shaking the nose of the plane rapidly in an up and down motion and that seemed to do the ( i don't know what) but the message disappeared and spooled very good but still noticed a delay, and had two more good flights ( had to shake the nose again on the second start up).
tried to speak to John at jet cat yesterday but was in meeting, however another gentleman tried to help me and yes he tried, he mentioned something about if the weather has changed which did not, also mentioned pump updates, and a possible pinched fuel line( checked fuel lines and they seem to be fine), i am by no means an expert but if any of these issue existed would it not continue to be an issue, and also if anyone out there have experienced similar situation I would be most appreciative if you share your solution.
sam