Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic
Reload this Page >

Running Rc Turbine Fuel Pump

Notices
Turbine Clinic Get direct support from the major turbine manufacturer support reps in here.

Running Rc Turbine Fuel Pump

Old 10-28-2020, 10:23 PM
tharashwin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running Rc Turbine Fuel Pump

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to run an RC turbine fuel pump (DC) using a servo tester and an ESC?

Thanks
Old 09-08-2021, 07:00 AM
jakobsladderz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Possibly wrong section but in any case, you should have no problem running a turbine fuel pump with a brushed motor using an ESC designed for brushed motors and a servo tester would work with that ESC. Don't do this if you're actually firing up a turbine - Without RPM and EGT feedback to the pump speed that will likely result in flames, a lot of noise and the imprint of the pieces of the former turbine engine's rotating parts on objects in the near vicinity (including the operator if unlucky).

If you just want to test that the pump is working, you can use a NiCd receiver battery (4.8v) or even a single AA battery should get it spinning. Remember they don't like running dry for any length of time.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:25 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 147 Likes on 118 Posts

Moved to rc turbines section