Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic
Reload this Page >

When supersport spoil up help

Notices
Turbine Clinic Get direct support from the major turbine manufacturer support reps in here.

When supersport spoil up help

Old 12-13-2020, 11:36 AM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When supersport spoil up help

Hi everyone. Need a little advice. I have a wren supersport on my boomerang sprint. Iím new to turbines.

The engine starts up and runs fine. Gets to idle and the moving my throttle stick to check the engine out on ground and getting good response as I raise the throttle. U can hear rpm ramping up as I move my throttle stick.

i noticed on two flights today that once in the air, it takes extremely long for the engine to react to any of my throttle input once my throttle has been brought all the way down.

I was attempting a landing but needed to do another attempt. So I pushed my throttle from full down to full up and nothing. it took about 7 seconds before I even heard the engine start ramping up up to full throttle. (Did not react like how it did on start up).

when I eventually landed. I increased my throttle while on ground and no steady rpm climbing sound. . I Went to about 3/4 throttle and then eventually about 3 seconds later, a pop sound and rpm starting climbing quickly.

any advice? Or is this normal? Thanks u
Old 12-21-2021, 09:11 PM
egldriver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have Wren 54SS in my A10. They have ran flawlessly for over 10 years. The spool time is slow by today's standards, but ok. Turbine Solutions in UK has service available for Wren . I'd email them and see what they say. CRX in Aurora NY is a possibility. Good luck
Old 12-22-2021, 07:12 AM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (47)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

You need to change the Acceleration Delay and Deceleration Delay parameters. A higher number is more delay, a lower number is faster.

The Wren is also sensitive to weather. From memory I'd normally have them set at 15 - 20. During the hottest part of the summer I have to up the number to 40 - 45 to keep it from hesitating. You'll have to play with the numbers to see what works best for your application. If you set the number too low it will stumble and hesitate when you try a fast acceleration. You 'll want the lowest number that will accelerate smoothly.