Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

h9 b-25 with evo 10cc with pitts

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

h9 b-25 with evo 10cc with pitts

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 02:46 PM
kork
My Feedback: (65)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h9 b-25 with evo 10cc with pitts

well the time is finally here, I have everything done except I just cannot figure out the twin sync. I had both engines running today but the sync needs a little work. I wish there were some better instructions for learning the system. Hope for a maiden in a couple weeks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95675.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	1889109   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27922.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	1889110   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24521.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	1889111  
Old 06-06-2013, 06:05 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: h9 b-25 with evo 10cc with pitts

Fly it fly it fly it. Mine has saito .56's in it. Did that before the 10gx came out. How does that muffler fit in the cowl? My engines run about 500 rpm apart and flight is fine. I've had other twins as far as 1000 rpm apart and still flew fine. Doesnt sound as good as when synced up, but still cool. I use my DX18 to get the engines close. There is a servo balance function I use that matches two channels at 7 way points along the travel. In the old 72mhz days I used a jr matchbox to get the cruise speed matched up (within reason). Linkage will probably keep things from being perfect, so I am happy at only 500 rpm apart.

On that muffler, I assume its a jtec? I'm about to buy two of them for a rcgf 20cc and 15gx. The 20cc is going in a seagull zero and the 15gx is going in a TF corsair.
Edwin

Almost forgot, careful when deploying the flaps. I did that and turned to final and almost lost the plane. It wanted to roll over and was very unstable. I raised them back up and got control back. With flaps, it was fine as long as I flew straight and level, just got woggedy when I started a turn. I had a LOT of trouble getting the flaps even at both points. Right now, I just dont use them. The plane doesnt seem to need it. Flys great and is predictable on descent. I had a TON of trouble with the nacelles. The landing gear rails had very little glue on them and busted one out on the third landing, very minor bounce.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:38 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks nice!
What brand muffler is it ?
I don't have experience with the Twin Sync but thought it would be good insurance if/when an engine quits on a tip-stall-prone twin so you can regain control.
I have been running the 10GX and it's a nice engine especially after it gets broke-in BUT it takes over a gallon of fuel running/flying  to get there and then you can really get the settings dialed-in. Perhaps some of your issues are that the engines are still "new".  I would run a few tanks through on the ground watching the heat range and varying the throttle to get it where you hopefully won't have any stalls once in the air. I had a few dead-sticks early on but it was caused by the clunk in the tank. Also make sure your tank is sealed with no leaks as it's critical for the pump to run well.

Good luck !
Old 06-06-2013, 09:01 AM
kork
My Feedback: (65)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Edwin,The mufflers fit great in the cowl, Jtec made the extensions long so I just cut them a little shorter for looks.When I was running them, they did sound very nice and pulled very hard. The field I fly on is grass so I don't think I will need the flaps so much, but I will deploy up high to test.I also glued all of the retract rails before assembling the plane thanks to this post.Walenda, The twin sync idea sounds great- but there is some figuring to make it work- I am a carpenter and not always thinking on the same path as the inventer of this sync. I have a club member coming over to help out Friday on this sync. I did bench run both engines a month ago and was very pleased with the throttle response from these little giants. Jtec has made 3 other mufflers for me and they do a great job!cross our fingures on the maiden!jason