Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

What engines for my Wing MFG B25?

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

What engines for my Wing MFG B25?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 08:17 AM
westwind1124

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What engines for my Wing MFG B25?

I have begun construction on my Wing MFG B25 and I am having a hard time deciding on what engines to use. I really want to use gas and as such have been looking at the Evolution 15 or the OS 15. I even thought about the DLE 20 but that may be too big. I have no experience with these new micro gassers and was looking for some info from those that may have used them. I am not real confident in glow for power on a twin. Too unreliable in my opinion.

Thoughts?
Old 05-14-2015, 07:38 AM
westwind1124

Bump?
Old 05-14-2015, 09:34 AM
korvette

Why glow unreliable?... You can use the twin sync from bill wike, this system has onboard glowing...and your engines are exactly in sync.

If money is no problem, then think about 2 saito twin's... 4 stroke....4 cilinders.. Man...what a sound...search at youtube for B25 with saito FA 90 TS.

or look at this site... http://www.rcdon.com/html/top_flite_...ell_proje.html

Super.... :-)

Last edited by korvette; 05-16-2015 at 11:01 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:12 PM
westwind1124

Well, yes, a twin would certainly be sweet, but I couldn't find that those engines were available. Either way they are out of my price range for sure. I would honestly look into the saito 82 perhaps for this kit. Glow can be reliable but it doesn't seem as reliable as gas. Having onboard glow is certainly a plus. I also rather like the price tag of the evolution 15. I just can't seem to find anyone with an honest review of the thing.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:15 PM
DGM

I had their B-26 and flew it with a pair of .40 2 stroke glow. Worked fine.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:18 AM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi!
Or a pair of .61-.70 four strokes.
Keep the weigh down by using smaller engines is vital when flying a twin if you want it to remain in tackt for a longer period of time. Thinking or going for bigger engines and then using throttle management is a big mistake newcomers do when it comes to twin engine flying. -Don't fall into that trapp!
Old 06-16-2015, 03:17 PM
westwind1124

Well, I am wanting to go with gas. I really like the evolution 15's but I can't find anyone that has had any long term experience with them. I don't say this to pat my back, but I am real world airline pilot so I know all about the dynamics of multiengine aircraft. Its not the weight that is the issue. Its having too much power and not enough control to keep it straight and doing a Vmc rollover. But you are absolutely right that it is ALL about power management. It will have a twin sync to assist with that. I have owned a p38 and mosquito that were both powered with nitro and I have survived a couple single engine landings. I am more interested in thoughts with the Evolution and its power output, reliability and what not. I haven't ran a gasser smaller than a 30cc so I don't really know what to expect with these baby gassers.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:13 PM
crashEMhard

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just saw my buddy's built b25. The cowls are small and so are the mounts. The big gas sets would stick out and you wouldn't have a cowl. A pair of saito 82's would be ideal
Old 12-18-2015, 07:15 PM
crashEMhard

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The DLE 20 mini gasser is a monster and would be way to much. 1 would fly it. lol
Old 12-19-2015, 07:07 AM
westwind1124

WELL, I did alot of research and soul searching LOL. I decided that after having to have to ignition modules, batteries for each and all the other BS it was just adding a bunch of weight. So mostly due to a VERY nice deal on them. I ended up with a pair of OS .75AX's. I figured even with an onboard glow they are still lighter and producing more power than any of the gassers. Plus, with bisson exhausts I can fit the whole thing in the cowls except the top 1/8 inch of the head.