Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Sig Fazer kit build -- Twin engine

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Sig Fazer kit build -- Twin engine

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 09:47 AM
pmoen70
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Fazer kit build -- Twin engine

So, I am getting ready to start building a Sig Fazer kit that I have had around for years. I have this crazy idea of making it a twin engine with a couple of OS .25 motors I have laying around. I have a couple of matching .40's also but I think that would be way over kill. Needless to say, the motors have to mount in the wing and anything inboard of the motors I am upgrading to hardwood or plywood. I think, depending on the size of the fuel tanks that I can fit these between two ribs and of course put some throttle servos in the wings behind the motors. Also, shortening the nose as I will already have plenty of weight forward of CG.

Anyone have any hints, suggestions or ideas of what I need to look out for in this build? Pitfalls?
Old 03-14-2017, 08:00 AM
Johnny C!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a thread to a twin bash I did a few
years ago. I stepped away from RC for
a few years to complete my full size
project. I recently got my Dazzler down
to clean it up & get it flying. I updated
the receiver to go to Spectrum, and I
am glad I looked up the thread. I had
the aileron throws set way too high.

Read through this & I'll try to help
answer any questions, but it's been
a few years, so I may not be much
help.

Also, my twin Dazzler has been the
most fun I have had flying RC. It just
really turned it up a notch, for me and
has lead me to build more & plan to
build more twins.

Good Luck.

John

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/twin...twin-bash.html

Last edited by Johnny C!; 03-14-2017 at 08:02 AM.
The following users liked this post:
pmoen70 (02-02-2020)
Old 03-15-2017, 01:38 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I've got a profile twin based on the old NotForSale with a pair of MVVS .26's. Flies great, and an engine-out situation is no big deal. 48 inch wingspan and weighs about 6 pounds or so. I think your project will succeed!
pmoen70 (02-02-2020)
Old 04-03-2018, 07:49 PM
pmoen70

Default Slow build progress

So I have slowly been plugging away at this build. The wing is built as well as the ailerons and all the tail feathers. The fuselage is test fitted on the wing. Fuel cells are in. All servo's are fitted, including the throttle servos. I have to figure out what to do to the nose now. I will have it protrude out past the leading edge...at least a little bit, if not just for looks. Tomorrow I will mount both motors, tape on the ailerons and tail section to check the weight distribution. If need be I can move the rudder and elevator aft in the fuselage to offset some of the motor weight. I had some .25's laying around but they were used on a different project. Lol...so this airplane is getting twin .40 OS LA motors. I know they aren't all that powerful of a motor but it should be WAYYYY more than needed to get this bird in the air. I just hope I can keep it aloft for more than 30 seconds. (-;
Old 04-08-2018, 03:23 PM
pmoen70

Default Slow build progress

Originally Posted by pmoen70
So I have slowly been plugging away at this build. The wing is built as well as the ailerons and all the tail feathers. The fuselage is test fitted on the wing. Fuel cells are in. All servo's are fitted, including the throttle servos. I have to figure out what to do to the nose now. I will have it protrude out past the leading edge...at least a little bit, if not just for looks. Tomorrow I will mount both motors, tape on the ailerons and tail section to check the weight distribution. If need be I can move the rudder and elevator aft in the fuselage to offset some of the motor weight. I had some .25's laying around but they were used on a different project. Lol...so this airplane is getting twin .40 OS LA motors. I know they aren't all that powerful of a motor but it should be WAYYYY more than needed to get this bird in the air. I just hope I can keep it aloft for more than 30 seconds. (-;

With the nose shortened a bit.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:57 PM
pmoen70

Old 07-28-2018, 07:52 PM
Flight Risk
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey. I'm wondering if you finished building and/ or flew this plane. I've built a couple twins, a Kadet LT40 with twin 40 LA's, and a Kadet Sr with OS FS 61's (my avatar). Both flew great until......
I'm just thinking your engines are very close to CG and you will need much nose weight.
pmoen70 (02-02-2020)
Old 07-28-2018, 08:09 PM
pmoen70

Default Fazer twin build

I took a break from it due to having too many irons in the fire. I have twin OS LA 40's on it. I will need a little weight in the tail, but not much. It balances out near perfect. The wing is done and covered. I still need to finish covering the fuselage and glue the two pieces together. It kills me to see it on the bench so close to finished. I am trying to get to it soon as I have promised to help my 16 year old build a glider.

QUOTE=Flight Risk;12450781]Hey. I'm wondering if you finished building and/ or flew this plane. I've built a couple twins, a Kadet LT40 with twin 40 LA's, and a Kadet Sr with OS FS 61's (my avatar). Both flew great until......
I'm just thinking your engines are very close to CG and you will need much nose weight.[/QUOTE]
Old 02-02-2020, 05:35 PM
pmoen70

Default Build progress

The build took a break for a couple of years as I have been busy with other projects I had to get done around the house for the family. I am finally spending a little time on it again here and there. actually, the airplane balanced out pretty well with the motors where they are at with the servos, fuel tanks, receiver and the battery aft of the CG.

QUOTE=Flight Risk;12450781]Hey. I'm wondering if you finished building and/ or flew this plane. I've built a couple twins, a Kadet LT40 with twin 40 LA's, and a Kadet Sr with OS FS 61's (my avatar). Both flew great until......
I'm just thinking your engines are very close to CG and you will need much nose weight.[/QUOTE]
Old 02-02-2020, 05:41 PM
pmoen70

Default Build progress

Had an extended period away from this project. Life and responsibilities have a way of getting in the way.😀

I am back at it again here and there. I now have all surfaces covered. I now need to square up and glue in place the wing and tail feathers. Mount and secure all control surfaces. Mount motors, connect linkages, etc. The covering job isn't my favorite but I was using up leftover Monokote.