Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

"TWINSTAR" PARTS?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 09:05 PM
p-47 razorback pilot
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "TWINSTAR" PARTS?

im looking for new plastic parts for an old twinstar, needing the wing and elevator tips and nacell covers anyone have any ideas on where i can get these? thanks i got it cheap with 2 new os 25's flight box, power panel, starter, fuel pump, tach, and radio for 200.00

also got a futaba fp-t8uhf heli radio comp ill sell for 100.00 w/o reciever its charged and ready
Old 08-31-2004, 12:49 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: "TWINSTAR" PARTS?

Don:

You can't get them. Just strip the engines and radio gear out of it , send the Twinstar to me. I'll take care of its disposal. Haw.

Probably the best/easiest/fastest on the tips will be a wooden former, and cover it with some Monocote or similar.

A two litre coke bottle will give you pretty good shapes for the nacelle covers, cut them out and paint to match.

Enjoy the plane, it's a nice one.

Bill.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:25 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: "TWINSTAR" PARTS?

Donnie,

Just make it out of wood. I got rid of all the plastic on the wing cause it was literally coming apart in the air. I used 2" sq balsa block on the wing tips and got an extra 2" of wing span. It was easy sanding to shape, just make sure you hollow it out. The nacels were also done up in wood. At the same time I removed all that crappy shelf paper and glass reinforced the wing center section out to the nacels with 2 oz glass. Also added additional tri-angle stock around the firewalls and beefed them up. I went with dual aileron servos and increased the size of the ailerons to 1 1/2" width. Ran TT.36's in mine. TONS OF FUN. Before I beefed it up. I was near the point of self destruction in flight. Stress cracks in the wing, firewalls a little loose, and tail a little wobbly. Just git rid of all that plastic and you'll be much happier in the long run.
Finally wore out the TT.36's so it is in storage until I get time to put in some .40's.
Edwin