Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

RCM Piper Seneca

Old 11-24-2018, 05:13 AM
  #26  
pulsartomi_2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Budapest
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Thank you, that sounds good.
Would like to attach some pics, but it is not allowed (have <10 post)

Tomi
Old 11-28-2018, 04:42 PM
  #27  
Heliman4213
My Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pittsford, NY
Posts: 287
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

This was my issue to about a fuse jig. I cant find anyone who makes a fuse jig ?? There used to be one called an Ajusto Jig but long out of business.
Any Ideas???????????????
Old 12-02-2018, 05:13 AM
  #28  
Dreamfish
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seneca news

Originally Posted by hannu View Post
Hi, nice to find other seneca projects going on, I ´ve made mine enlarged to 95" span from RCM plans and it took 2-years to complete the project...lots of dust during construction! Engines 2x os 91 OS surpass, 9-servos and century jet retracts. Good luck to your projects!

greetings,

Hannu
Finland
This Seneca is now in my hangar and still looking good. I will do some upgrades during winter and get her naftaliiniin to wings
Old 12-02-2018, 05:15 AM
  #29  
Dreamfish
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seneca news

Originally Posted by hannu View Post
Hi, nice to find other seneca projects going on, I ´ve made mine enlarged to 95" span from RCM plans and it took 2-years to complete the project...lots of dust during construction! Engines 2x os 91 OS surpass, 9-servos and century jet retracts. Good luck to your projects!

greetings,

Hannu
Finland
This Seneca is now in my hangar and still looking good. I will do some upgrades during winter and get her back to sky
Old 12-13-2018, 04:02 AM
  #30  
Appowner
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,016
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

I would be interested in how you guys mounted the Stab on the model? Is it full flying like the real deal? If so, How did you hinge it? Using what materials and techniques?

I'm gathering the pieces I need to do a 108 inch Cherokee. The plans show a traditional stab/elevator set up. I want to go with the full flying Stabilator like the real one. Just not sure how while keeping the weight down.
Old 01-21-2021, 02:52 AM
  #31  
DaveRiviello1
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I just have a quick question for you. I'm currently building a piper seneca and wasn't sure if the whole fuselage gets sheeted with balsa or just a couple strips like your 1 pic?
Old 01-21-2021, 03:43 AM
  #32  
Heliman4213
My Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pittsford, NY
Posts: 287
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Yes everything gets sheeted fully
Old 01-21-2021, 03:51 AM
  #33  
DaveRiviello1
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=Toolman-RCU;2531718]To frame the Fuselage I did not use a jig although one should be used. The fuselage is comprised of three main crutches, and 35 formers. The three crutches are the lower, upper front and upper rear. Begin by marking the crutches with the former locations and then setting up the lower crutch on a flat builing board and use a stright edge to make sure it is stright tip to tail. You then brace the crutch using weights. Place all the formers in the proper location on the lower crutch and tack glue them in place. Add the two upper crutches and after making sure th formers are at a 90 degree angle to the builing board, tack glue the upper crutches to the formers in the proper locations. Next step is to add the wing saddles. Mark the former positions on the wing saddles and glue to the respective formers. I then added some 3/32 planking to the sides of the fuselage while carefully positioning them before glueing. The positioning of these planks is tricky if you are not using a jig because this will keep the framing square. Make sure you measure and remeasure before gluing these initial planks. Below is a photo of my framed fuselage.
Old 01-21-2021, 03:52 AM
  #34  
DaveRiviello1
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Heliman4213 View Post
Yes everything gets sheeted fully
Thank you. Very much appreciated.
Old 01-30-2021, 06:52 PM
  #35  
DaveRiviello1
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Toolman-RCU View Post
Here are some photos of the built up wing, notice the lightening holes in the nacelle crutches. Care must be taken in lining up the nacelles properly as the engine thrust angles are very important.

Steve, can you please post some photos for us on your new bird? As for flight charachtaristics, when trimmed properly, my Seneca flies like a low wing trainer, very stable. Landings with flaps are a dream, but if you do not have the plane balanced properly you will notice the plane will porpoise down the runway if it is tail heavy. As far as dropping a wing, it will stall if you try to take off with minimal airspeed. Ask me how I know.
I have another quick question for you. The plans I have only show the construction of the right side. If yours ar the same how did you build the left half of the wing?
Old 01-31-2021, 03:49 PM
  #36  
DaveRiviello1
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Toolman-RCU View Post
Here are some photos of the built up wing, notice the lightening holes in the nacelle crutches. Care must be taken in lining up the nacelles properly as the engine thrust angles are very important.

Steve, can you please post some photos for us on your new bird? As for flight charachtaristics, when trimmed properly, my Seneca flies like a low wing trainer, very stable. Landings with flaps are a dream, but if you do not have the plane balanced properly you will notice the plane will porpoise down the runway if it is tail heavy. As far as dropping a wing, it will stall if you try to take off with minimal airspeed. Ask me how I know.
Stupid question for anyone who has built the jerry bugani piper seneca. How should I go about building the left wing panel since the plans only show the construction of the right wing panel?? Any advice would greatly be appreciated.
Old 02-01-2021, 02:52 AM
  #37  
F86_SABRE
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Malta, MALTA
Posts: 1,590
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Goood. Problem solved.

Last edited by F86_SABRE; 02-02-2021 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Problem solved
Old 02-01-2021, 04:09 AM
  #38  
A. J. Clark
 
A. J. Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Craigville, IN
Posts: 531
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DaveRiviello1 View Post
Stupid question for anyone who has built the jerry bugani piper seneca. How should I go about building the left wing panel since the plans only show the construction of the right wing panel?? Any advice would greatly be appreciated.
You can turn the plans over and work from the back side. If the wing outline is hard the see you can trace over the outline. Some have oiled or waxed the paper for better viewing. Another option is to use a light table or tape it to a window and trace the outline.
Old 02-01-2021, 05:55 AM
  #39  
DaveRiviello1
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by A. J. Clark View Post
You can turn the plans over and work from the back side. If the wing outline is hard the see you can trace over the outline. Some have oiled or waxed the paper for better viewing. Another option is to use a light table or tape it to a window and trace the outline.
Thank you very much for the advice.
Old 02-16-2021, 05:59 PM
  #40  
DaveRiviello1
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Toolman-RCU View Post
Here are some photos of the built up wing, notice the lightening holes in the nacelle crutches. Care must be taken in lining up the nacelles properly as the engine thrust angles are very important.

Steve, can you please post some photos for us on your new bird? As for flight charachtaristics, when trimmed properly, my Seneca flies like a low wing trainer, very stable. Landings with flaps are a dream, but if you do not have the plane balanced properly you will notice the plane will porpoise down the runway if it is tail heavy. As far as dropping a wing, it will stall if you try to take off with minimal airspeed. Ask me how I know.
What retracts did you go with?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.