Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

New twin ARF?

Old 05-24-2005, 08:28 AM
Red B.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New twin ARF?

Recently I got the urge to build a twin engined aircraft. In preparation for a more ambitious project (Bristol Beaufighter or D.H Hornet)
I have decided to build a Dave Platt Duellist MkII which IMHO looks like it could be a good twin engined "trainer".
However, somewhere on the Internet I found the picture enclosed below. Does anyone know if this aircraft is available either as a kit or ARF? Any information is very much appreciated.

/Red B.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20462.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	275881  
Old 05-24-2005, 09:28 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: New twin ARF?

Red:

The Duellist 2/40 Mk II is an excellent plane, aerobatic with good single engine flying qualities. It is not a beginner's build however.

Northeast Aerodynamics has their Twin-Air 45 ( www.ne-aero.com ) which is a much easier plane to build and does come as a kit instead of the plans only for the Duellist 2/40 Mk II.

You can search on "Duellist" and "Twin-Air" to find many threads and comments on them.

The airplane you pictured looks somewhat like the Gemini ARF twin that recently came on the market. Search on "Gemini" to find mention of it.

Bill.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:52 AM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Bill. You'll go a long way to find a better flying plane than the Twin-Air 45. For pattern flying, and who's going to fly pattern with a twin, you would like a tapered or slightly swept wing, but the rolls on the Twin-Air are excellent. It is a nice build, comes out straight, has a big rudder, takes off and lands very well.

If you are going to use .46-.53 size engines in the Beaufighter, you might want to break them in on a Twin-Air so they run well on your scale project.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:12 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Red:

Did the search for you. [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2728395/anchors_2728395/mpage_1/key_Gemini%252CARF/anchor/tm.htm#2728395]here[/link] is one thread about a user having gotten the plane.

And here's a picture also.

Bill

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26437.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	275929  
Old 05-24-2005, 05:33 PM
Red B.

Thank you for the replies.

William Robison wrote:
It is not a beginner's build however.
I have the plans for the Duellist and it seems to be a fairly straightforward build.

Ed Moorman wrote:
If you are going to use .46-.53 size engines in the Beaufighter, you might want to break them in on a Twin-Air so they run well on your scale project.
Actually I am going to use two OS 46SF engines I have. One of the engines has a crankshaft timed for reverse running. Even the prop nut on this engine is "reversed", it has has a left hand thread instead of the usual right hand thread.
I have used this engine in a 4-Star 40 with an APC "pusher" prop. I can tell you this set-up has generated more than a few questions :-).

William Robison wrote:
The airplane you pictured looks somewhat like the Gemini ARF twin that recently came on the market.
There is some resemblance but not much. IMO the Harmony looks much nicer than the Gemini, but then of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

/Red B.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:54 PM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The Harmony is a new ARF (I think) from one of the European companies. I saw it in a European magazine. Unfortunately, that company's products are not available in the US. If someone can figure out a way to get a few Harmonies over here for a reasonable price, I'd be a buyer.

Jim
Old 05-27-2007, 04:40 PM
orygg

Hello you can get harmony from norway, rippmax is the deller i have 1 verry nice plane flying verry god to