Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
 Top Flite Cessna 310 posted >

Top Flite Cessna 310 posted

Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Top Flite Cessna 310 posted

Old 10-31-2011, 07:17 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite Cessna 310 posted

and what club do you belong to?
Old 10-31-2011, 09:36 AM

ORIGINAL: bob21

and what club do you belong to?

Two clubs actually; the Radio Control Club of Detroit (RCCD) is located at a state park in Lenox Towhship Michigan about 35 miles north of Detroit (grass runway). My other club is the Romeo Skyhawks located near Romeo Michigan (also a grass runway).

Was at the RCCD field yesterday. It's fairly wet and mucky because of all the rain we've had in the past two weeks. A chocolatey mess !![:'(]

Joe M.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:31 PM
My Feedback: (21)

try radio shack
Old 10-31-2011, 07:13 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I think I will finally get one.. anyone have proper electric retracts for her yet????
Old 11-01-2011, 04:12 AM

ORIGINAL: nitro wing

I think I will finally get one.. anyone have proper electric retracts for her yet????
I ordered the optional beefy Robart air actuated gear when I ordered my Cessna. It's a fairly large set and it's made specifically for this Cessna. The problem was I realy didn't wan't another set of air operated retracts.

I'm currently using a few sets of EFlite electric retracts on various planes. Nice retracts ! Unfortunately, EFlite does not yet make a set of landing gear large enough for this particular Cessna.

I shipped my Robarts to a new company called Down and Locked for an electric conversion. So far, they are working perfectly. The only problem is the conversion was costly. What Down and Locked realy needs is a little compitition to drive down their costs.

Some good retract news ! My Fly RC magazine arrived the other day. Robart took out a full-page ad stating they will have their first electric retracts available at the end of the year. They didn't state the sizes. Stay tuned.................

Joe M.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:40 AM

so is there a problem with air retracts?other than a leak here and there ? mine seem to be working fine..but this is my first plane with retracts.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:42 AM

Some good retract news ! My Fly RC magazine arrived the other day. Robart took out a full-page ad stating they will have their first electric retracts available at the end of the year. They didn't state the sizes. Stay tuned.................

Joe M. <span class="info"> </span>
That is some GOOD news Joe! It's about time for Robart, they really need to keep up. Looking forward to some other options other than E-flite.

Nick
Old 11-01-2011, 02:52 PM

ORIGINAL: bob21

so is there a problem with air retracts?other than a leak here and there ? mine seem to be working fine..but this is my first plane with retracts.

Air retracts are just fine !

But when I look back over the years and remember every time I had an air leak that I couldn't seem to find.[:'(] Of course when I discovered where the leak was it almost ALWAYS seemed to be in a spot that required a lot of disassembley. Or the times when I lost air pressure while flying .......arrrrrgggggghhhhhh ! [:'(] One nice feature with certain brand air retracts is they will automatically spring down, drop and lock in the event of an air leak while flying.

How about the times I arrived at the field and discovered I left my air pump back on the work bench.......arrrrrgggggghhhhhh ! [:'(]

After using many servo operated retracts with complex linkages, and/or air powered retracts, the new generation of electric retracts are here to stay.

Joe M.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:29 PM

I like the fact that the speed is adjustable, I dont like the sudden in an out banging. And its just alot less mess to stuff inside the body and wings...
Old 11-05-2011, 09:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Guys;
One quick question please. Has anyone change the tail light on this bird?? My tail light has never work on my bird!! Even out of the box!! All wires have been check and re-check and still no light!! It just don't look right with that light out!! Any answer will be a big help!!
Thanks guys!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 11-05-2011, 03:47 PM

ORIGINAL: jet22b

Hey Guys;
One quick question please. Has anyone change the tail light on this bird?? My tail light has never work on my bird!! Even out of the box!! All wires have been check and re-check and still no light!! It just don't look right with that light out!! Any answer will be a big help!!
Thanks guys!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
Hi Sonny,

I don't have my Cessna sitting right here, but I believe that red cap is just that..........a red cap, or a cover. I believe the actual light is under the cap. My light works, but it certainly isn't very bright.

You may need to remove that red cap and replace the actual light. The red cap appears to be either permanently glued or molded to the top of the rudder, so it looks like it may take some head scratching and some tender surgery to get it off. Good luck !! Maybe you could place a call to Top Flites' tech line for further information ?

If you need a bright light, I have a few sets of ElectroDynamic lights on various planes. The owner of ElectroDynamics (Andy Lowe) calls his lights "sunvisable". They are a little pricey but they are very bright http://electrodynam.com/rc/EDR-117/index.shtml

I just thought of something. If that's a red LED instead of a lightbulb, the wiring polarity MUST be negative-to-negative and positive-to-positive. If it's backwards, the LED simply won't work. Don't pay attention to the wire colors, just try reversing the wiring going up to the bulb to see if it now works. With LED's you can't do any damage if you have the wiring backwards. It either works or it doesn't. With a regular small lightbulb, polarity is not important.

Joe M.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:11 PM

ORIGINAL: JoeMamma

ORIGINAL: jet22b

Hey Guys;
Thanks guys!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
Hi Sonny,

I don't have my Cessna sitting right here, but I believe that red cap is just that..........a red cap, or a cover. I believe the actual light is under the cap. My light works, but it certainly isn't very bright.

You may need to remove that red cap and replace the actual light. The red cap appears to be either permanently glued or molded to the top of the rudder, so it looks like it may take some head scratching and some tender surgery to get it off. Good luck !! Maybe you could place a call to Top Flites' tech line for further information ?

If you need a bright light, I have a few sets of ElectroDynamic lights on various planes. The owner of ElectroDynamics (Andy Lowe) calls his lights ''sunvisable''. They are a little pricey but they are very bright http://electrodynam.com/rc/EDR-117/index.shtml

I just thought of something. If that's a red LED instead of a lightbulb, the wiring polarity MUST be negative-to-negative and positive-to-positive. If it's backwards, the LED simply won't work. Don't pay attention to the wire colors, just try reversing the wiring going up to the bulb to see if it now works. With LED's you can't do any damage if you have the wiring backwards. It either works or it doesn't. With a regular small lightbulb, polarity is not important.

Joe M.
Hi Joe;
And thanks for the link and info, but, the light I am talking about is the one in the tail cone. I have the taking off the hatch cover for the rudder servo and I see the wire for the light, but, can not see how it is put in place. I can do without the light, but, it take away from the scale looks. I have over 500 hours in the full scale bird and some of my old flying buddy just love this bird. When I tell this is is a ARF, they think I am lying!!!
Thanks again Joe and I will post pictures of what I did to replace it!!! The bad thing is time fall back tonight and that mean old man winter is almost here!![][]
Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 11-07-2011, 09:42 PM

I have read this thread for years now, and now the deal is done, a new 310 is on the way, hopefully in stock
Old 11-08-2011, 05:27 AM

I have read this thread for years now, and now the deal is done, a new 310 is on the way, hopefully in stock

That's great ! She's a beautiful aircraft.

Electric or glow for power ?

Joe M.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:45 AM

wow years thats taking your time, i seen one for sale on rcu. and bought it within a week, it was brand new robarts and top of the line everything. now she has a little hanger rash and about three galons threw it in less than a month..goodluck with your new 310..
Old 11-08-2011, 08:22 AM

nitro wing;
Tower Hobbies has them in stock. Here is the link!!
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNXB7&P=ML
Good luck with the build and please keep us in the loop!!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 11-09-2011, 07:55 AM

That's great ! She's a beautiful aircraft.

Electric or glow for power ?

Joe M.

Not entirely sure yet. I like the electric versions, just not too exited about having to buy a bunch of batteries and new chargers...
2 stokes are not my choice, perhaps Saito/OS or YS 70 size 4 strokers. I am hoping that suitable electric retracts will go on the market over the next few months.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:41 PM

Just got word that its arrived. Apparently I need the larger station wagon or truck to transport it home.
I dont have to sneek it past the wife, as she likes this aircraft alot, and thinks its sexy

Old 11-17-2011, 04:55 AM

Just got word that its arrived. Apparently I need the larger station wagon or truck to transport it home.
I dont have to sneek it past the wife, as she likes this aircraft alot, and thinks its sexy

You didn't have to sneak it past the wife ?

You obviously have not heard of the "RC Ratio". RC Ratio means that you MUST spend a proportional amount of your RC money on jewlery, diamonds, vacation trips, etc. If you didn't have to sneak it in, you must already be using this ratio ? Hey.........it works for me !!

Joe M.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:36 AM

my wife likes mine too so its a good thing,, good luck on the build..thinking of adding gear doors to mine over the winter..
Old 11-17-2011, 08:25 AM

You didn't have to sneak it past the wife ?

You obviously have not heard of the ''RC Ratio''. RC Ratio means that you MUST spend a proportional amount of your RC money on jewlery, diamonds, vacation trips, etc. If you didn't have to sneak it in, you must already be using this ratio ? Hey.........it works for me !!

Joe M.

Yes, just came back from a few days staying in our vacation home and hours of shopping for her
Old 11-17-2011, 08:27 AM

nitro wing,
I remember when my Cessna 310 came. The wife was at home so I could not sneek it pass her, but, here is the kicker. She walk into the shop with a mad look on her face and said, the UPS man is at the door and he need your help!! Good luck on the build. It will be fun!!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 11-17-2011, 08:36 AM
My Feedback: (4)

hey everyone!!! recently pick up a TF C310 last weekend from a previous owner...had some damage to the left wing. Working on getting that repaired and adding the carbon tubes to the wings to strengthen them up. Unfortunately the model didn't come with retracts but I ordered the Robarts and already received them! Has anyone ever tried the Century Jet retracts for the plane? Does anyone know where i can get the muffler tip extensions for the pitts muffs? Or do i have to custom make my own? Any one know of a good gear/door sequencer?? I know I'm asking a lot of questions but I did read the thread and got a lot of my questions answered.

I do have big plans for the airplane. I plan on repainting it, working on several color schemes. It did come with metal main wheels but I don't know if a brake kit can be added to it. I gotta post pics. Good place to get brake kit for this? as well as that i need lower profile tires for the mains. the guy I picked this plane up from flew it from a grass field, I'm flying from a paved surface, so don't need big heavy tires. But I love the plane looks excellent and will look even better once its done. I can start posting progress pics
Old 11-17-2011, 10:07 AM
P-Y

where i can get the muffler tip extensions for the pitts muffs?
I got mine from Meesh. You can send him a PM on RCU.

PS: I also bought the tap for the mufflers extensions and the wheel hubs from him.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:47 AM

ORIGINAL: badazzgti03

Unfortunately the model didn't come with retracts but I ordered the Robarts and already received them! Has anyone ever tried the Century Jet retracts for the plane?

I also used the Robarts' and sent them over to Down and Locked company for an electrical conversion. You can also get an optional, electric gear door sequencer from them when they do the conversion. But, stay tuned.......Robart is coming out with full-electric retracts at the end of December. Don't know if they will be making a set large enough for the Cessna, but it wouldn't hurt to give them a call.

Joe M.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.