Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

OV-10 Bronco 81"

Old 10-30-2020, 09:10 AM
billd3
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Canopies for Rich's 81" OV-10 seem to be as rare as hen's teeth...I also am looking for one. HELP!!!
Bill
The following users liked this post:
chbosso (10-31-2020)
Old 10-31-2020, 06:59 AM
chbosso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VO-10 Bronco 81"

Rich has the canopy for sale on his site.
Old 10-31-2020, 10:47 AM
billd3
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the heads up. I just sent him an email.
Bill
Old 02-13-2021, 03:05 PM
crycroft

Anyone got some plans ?
been looking online for days
Old 02-13-2021, 03:07 PM
crycroft

Hi all anyone got some plans for this baby i would like to build one
so far google has not been any help lol
Old 02-13-2021, 07:19 PM
Outrider6
My Feedback: (2)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by crycroft View Post
Hi all anyone got some plans for this baby i would like to build one
so far google has not been any help lol
See - Google is not your friend. (not mine either - I despise anything Google)

Rich Uravitch

About halfway down the page, you will see the OV-10 stuff.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:00 AM
jbarnes

You may want to check out the balsa OV10 from Motion RC. Its just a couple inches smaller and it flies great. Its a ARF.
Old 02-15-2021, 12:31 PM
Outrider6

Or you can build your own 47" one from a Parkflyer Plastics "short kit". That is, if you are an advanced scratch-builder. If not, then you will become one, as you build it. You will pull your hair out trying to figure out the design intent, what goes where, why the nicely laser-cut part doesn't match the plans, plus figure out what balsa stock you need to order to complete the "kit", which will cost you roughly $150 extra.

I am an advanced scratch builder, from a few decades ago. And I have built over 40 regular kits, but this one is giving me fits. Not in cutting wood to make it fit - that is easy. Figuring out what it is supposed to be, where the mysterious cut parts go, and why only one part was furnished when 3 was needed (or is that really the case?) is the hard part. It's all guesswork with this single sheet of plans and no building instructions.

But, knowing that the end product will be gorgeous and fly really well makes all of the grief worth it.

If only matching pairs of .25 glow engines were still easy to find, and didn't cost a fortune when found, I would have built the Uravitch kit. I still may eventually build the larger version of his, someday.
Old 02-15-2021, 03:43 PM
crycroft

Originally Posted by jbarnes View Post
You may want to check out the balsa OV10 from Motion RC. Its just a couple inches smaller and it flies great. Its a ARF.
look at that one no stock i asked when coming back in stock i did not get an answer that was over week ago
Old 02-18-2021, 10:38 AM
Steelhead13

Hi Outrider,
I have the large Uravitch kit. Haven't built it yet, but he also sells the cowls, etc. separately. Better get on while you can. He's been around quite awhile! I also believe he sells a smaller version...something over 50" WS. Can't remember exactly.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:38 AM
Steelhead13

Hi Outrider,
I have the large Uravitch kit. Haven't built it yet, but he also sells the cowls, etc. separately. Better get on while you can. He's been around quite awhile! I also believe he sells a smaller version...something over 50" WS. Can't remember exactly.
Old 02-18-2021, 08:50 PM
Outrider6

Originally Posted by Steelhead13 View Post
Hi Outrider,
Yep - that's the one I was talking about. It has a 52" wingspan. That has been my dream plane for over 30 years. When I finally got around to wanting to build that particular plane, I found that .25 glow engines had become difficult to find and very expensive. So I bought a Parkflyer Plastics OV-10 short kit. Not because I wanted an electric one, but because of what I said about .25 glow engines. It is a 47" span, and will turn out very light and fly great, but the build process is a nightmare, because the plans are severely lacking in information, and there are no real instructions.