Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Ziroli B-25 engines???

Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Ziroli B-25 engines???

Old 07-20-2007, 05:29 PM
60buick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ziroli B-25 engines???

I have the 118" version of the Ziroli B-25 and would like to put a pair of Saito radials in it. I can't find deminsions or specs on the 5 cylinder engine. Do a pair of them have the power needed for a 50 pound plane? G-28's have been used sucessfully in identical planes weighing 50+ pounds. How do they compare in power? Will this engine fit in my cowls. They are pretty exotic around here and the only way to get an upclose look at one is to spend 1500 dollars.

In a league of its own, the Saito FA-325R5D represents the pinnacle of Saito's engineering. Perfect for big models like Balsa USA's® Sopwith Pup, Proctor's® Nieuport 28, or Byron's® Wildcat or Staggerwing, your model's realism will be unmatched with the addition of this technical masterpiece.

Saito FA-325 with muffler.
...$1449.95
Old 07-24-2007, 09:46 AM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Default RE: Ziroli B-25 engines???

A Saito 325 has over 50cc each...Nitro engines make more power than gasoline, 2 or 4 strokes not withstanding, so it will probably have a t least twice the power of a a G-28...or do you mean G26...?? Anyway power should not be a problem at all...
Old 07-24-2007, 10:15 AM
twinman
My Feedback: (2)

All I can say is WOW!! I could suggest to look at rcwarbirds.com and the bomber section to see more B-25's and the associated engines.
http://www.rcwarbirds.com/Bombers/bombers.htm
From what you have, that would be AMPLE power and a wow factor of 10.
Keep us posted.
Best of luck.
Twinman.
PS for such an investment..might consider the twin sync.
Just a thought.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Ghostrider FIN

ORIGINAL: 60buick

I have the 118" version of the Ziroli B-25
Hello!

I have also ZB-25 118" and also those engines

Here is pix of engine in cowl. The engine does not wont fit inside cowl. Cowl is bit cone on longways so it is slightly narrow on front. Rocker boxes comes out about 6.5mm ~ 1/4 in. place where cowl belongs. So it is not quite much. I think i´ll make new mold to the cowl. Slightly larger that engine fit in. I can also make some panel lines and rivets. I dont think so that anyone see little bit larger diameter.

I hope this helps and you understant what i tried to explain, my english is way poor.