Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Servos to Ziroli B-25 larger version?

Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Servos to Ziroli B-25 larger version?

Old 10-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Ghostrider FIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servos to Ziroli B-25 larger version?

Hello!

I need some advice/opinions to choose servos to ZB-25 118" version. Please comment what you think.

I think i will use Futaba S9255 (112.0 oz-in/0.17sec 60) servos on aileron one servo/aileron. Also i think use same servos on elevator too, one on each halves. because i have several new S9255´s on workshop

Rudders will work with Futaba S9451 (96.6 oz-in/0.13sec 60) one servo in each rudder.

Which servos works with flaps?

Please tell me what you think this servo setup?

Im going to use also Powerbox 40/24 Competition and also Powerbox RSS with two Futaba FP-R309DPS receivers.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:41 AM
mrbassman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Servos to Ziroli B-25 larger version?

JR 8611A run on 6volts will give you around 300 oz/in and they are fast. They also have metal gears, and being digital they also center perfectly every time. I know that seems like overkill, but you won't be working the servos that hard, no high amp draw on the batteries or servos, and the servos will last a lot longer, will probably never need a rebuild because of servo slop. If you do run them, cut the voltage down to 5 1/2 volts, don't run them on a full 6 volts. I have 8 of these that have been in more than one plane, hundreds of flights, and they still perform like the day they were brand new. There are other servos out there, and some people might have different opinions, but this set up works for me, so I just wanted to pass it on. Good Luck.

Ken